Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] The Baron's Intent

Hellian

Lord of Altera
it really is astounding that my ability to miss things going on around me extends to the internet, where i can get email updates on goings on...

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Fake News
Alright, I thought about giving off a genuine response to this explaining my side of the story, but then I realized it'd be funner to just say you're fake news and if anyone truly cares about what happened over all this, just ask Sif. The dude's not exactly hiding.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Alright, I thought about giving off a genuine response to this explaining my side of the story, but then I realized it'd be funner to just say you're fake news and if anyone truly cares about what happened over all this, just ask Sif. The dude's not exactly hiding.
Ask Sif? How the heck are we supposed to do that if he'll kill us the minute he sees us.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
by listening to his demands, following them through and then asking him i would assume
But then what is the point? He would have won at that point.

If Sif will cause trouble, we would like a reason OOCly.
Also, The Courier I do not appreciate getting called "fake news" when I've clearly tried negotiating.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
I'd like to redirect you all to this here comment since it's the only spot of logic I've seen today.
Putting in my opinion here, this is why interesting rp is so hard to come by. Things happen IC and then people want to turn it into an ooc argument instead of rolling with it. Do we need to nitpick as to why it happened? In the end it happened so roll with it, utilize it to further the rp experience. Why are we upset that someone retaliated to having a bounty put on their head other than because things did not go as planned? People it is rp, things never go as planned! Relax, have fun and for the love of god stop arguing oocly about it, it's a game!

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Why do you treat him like he's invincible, and can kill anyone he wants? If you're that worried, then don't tanglr yourself up in this.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Tried giving a reason the last time- my only response was 'We're a vassal its not our decision and we don't have to consent'

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Just bring a bunch of guards. If you want to fight Sif just bring a bunch of dudes, if you want to talk and not get killed do the same thing. If he'd be able to beat you with a large enough group, then at that point that's when I say it was deserved.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Because some people tried to get OOC money by killing/detaining his character. I find no difference between the two.
Hello- Could not help since it is my mobey left behind we are playing with.
I do not really think that money was OOC and it was all IC, I was not confronted with them asking if using 30k was okay, and this was before I left.
I find the OOC payment weird.

Edit: All of you guys seem to think the bounty's intention was violence and refer to the consent being removed. I would like you to actually read it, and realise that it have no intention of violence written on it. Just to correct it a little.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Yes, bring guards. Also, his statement says that he'll kill you if you don't follow all of his demands. Talking/negotiating doesn't violate any of them. If you don't want to be hurt, withdraw any intent of hunting/placing a bounty- then you don't have to consent to Sif killing you, if he still attempts, because you've followed what all he said in exchange for not being killed. But to redirect to the beginning, yeah bring guards. It's one dude in black armor. I don't believe Sif would be dumb enough to try anything if there are a group of armored, trained people around. If you think anything bad will happen? Ask a staff member to watch, and if they decide you're request is worthy they will do so and you can rest assured. Again, like I said... play it realistically. One dude. A group of random people killed a kraken, I'm sure there is more IC spirit than what is being shown xD

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Hello- Could not help since it is my mobey left behind we are playing with.
I do not really think that money was OOC and it was all IC, I was not confronted with them asking if using 30k was okay, and this was before I left.
I find the OOC payment weird.
They made Joe's payment be OOC as well as IC and the same for me.

Scardrac

Felsummer
History seems to repeat itself because whenever these characters get this point, people get salty like this and start to consider these characters overpowered, even if subconsciously, to the point where everyone considers there will never be another one when they either go away for good or are stopped for good, so people consider it an act of justice to stop it as soon as possible. People don't understand why, god forbid, he defends his character when it gets to this point.

Team up, gank, make it a fun RP and not a bandwagon of salt. He doesn't want to have his character squashed out by everyone dealing deathblows the same time. He gets upset, but because he's actually a nice guy and will give you fair RP, he lets it happen, but it wasn't fun for him, so he will proceed to come back. That's all I have to say.

Last edited: