Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Public Notice] The Baron's Intent

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
History seems to repeat itself because whenever these characters go away, people get salty like this and start to consider these characters overpowered, even if subconsciously, to the point where everyone considers there will never be another one.

Team up, gank, make it a fun RP and not a bandwagon of salt. He doesn't want to have his character squashed out by everyone dealing deathblows the same time. He gets upset, but because he's actually a nice guy and will give you fair RP, he lets it happen, but it wasn't fun for him, so he will proceed to come back. That's all I have to say.
I agree! No OOC salt should be thrown.
Make it spicy, not salty.
Make mistakes
Get messy!

Scardrac

Felsummer
Hello- Could not help since it is my mobey left behind we are playing with.
I do not really think that money was OOC and it was all IC, I was not confronted with them asking if using 30k was okay, and this was before I left.
I find the OOC payment weird.

Edit: All of you guys seem to think the bounty's intention was violence and refer to the consent being removed. I would like you to actually read it, and realise that it have no intention of violence written on it. Just to correct it a little.
I always assume bounties are paid OOC as it gives an actual incentive. IC but not OOC money is pointless beyond your character being considered "rich", as I doubt anyone keeps an actual in-character balance that they keep separate from OOC. Maybe there's someone, I dunno.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I always assume bounties are paid OOC as it gives an actual incentive. IC but not OOC money is pointless beyond your character being considered "rich", as I doubt anyone keeps an actual in-character balance that they keep separate from OOC. Maybe there's someone, I dunno.
Wait... OOC money is IC money?! I'm confused

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'm stepping in to say we are not enforcing anyone to pay OOC money, especially if it's 30k, if it's being demanded like this. Courier is free to demand it in RP, but we will not enforce it as Staff and will let it be kept strictly to RP. I believe he was talked to about this already by another member of Staff. There's a difference between giving money oocly from a bounty, and demanding it oocly.

Edit: We would talk it out if someone says they'll give 10k oocly and rply for a bounty, then refuse to pay up the reward oocly, but still pay rply.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm stepping in to say we are not enforcing anyone to pay OOC money, especially if it's 30k, if it's being demanded like this. Courier is free to demand it in RP, but we will not enforce it as Staff and let it be kept strictly to RP. I believe he was talked to about this already by another member of Staff. There's a difference between giving money oocly from a bounty, and demanding it oocly.

What we /would/ enforce is if someone says they'll give 10k oocly and rply for a bounty, then refuse to pay up.
...Can people not /lie/?

"Hahaha, thank you for disposing of them for me - your money is in the chamber adjacent. *Throws lever, dumping into deathtrap.*" - No?

Edit 1:
(Objections withdrawn post-clarification - see the edits to Solus' post)

Last edited:

Scardrac

Felsummer
I'm stepping in to say we are not enforcing anyone to pay OOC money, especially if it's 30k, if it's being demanded like this. Courier is free to demand it in RP, but we will not enforce it as Staff and let it be kept strictly to RP. I believe he was talked to about this already by another member of Staff. There's a difference between giving money oocly from a bounty, and demanding it oocly.

What we /would/ enforce is if someone says they'll give 10k oocly and rply for a bounty, then refuse to pay up.
Wait... OOC money is IC money?! I'm confused
Let me clarify then in case people thought one thing but I meant the other. If people offer an in-character and out-of-character sum of money for the in-character death or detainment of a character, this character also has a right to make an IC demand. Nobody has the right to demand OOC money because of an in-character action unless someone goes back on a promise made out-of-character, I assume. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
I will say I never enforced OOC payment and would be willing to pay back Joe's OOC money if that's an issue. The exchange was done rather half heartedly and not as I had hoped but I was trying to dissolve the situation, as I believe Liam was who sent the money, to stop it getting too out of hand. As was my character, she was just trying to get it done and so she accepted an extra 1k for it not being in person.
If I had known this would be an issue before I would have offered either or. Sorry if there were any misunderstandings

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Let me clarify then in case people thought one thing but I meant the other. If people offer an in-character and out-of-character sum of money for the in-character death or detainment of a character, this character also has a right to make an IC demand. Nobody has the right to demand OOC money because of an in-character action unless someone goes back on a promise made out-of-character, I assume. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
Ah- well, like Samuel said, I don't think it was stated that the money was OOC. Nor have I ever had OOC money proposed with my characters' bounties.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
RIP consequences for actions. :^)

lenny face added to make more showing it was a joke

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
...Can people not /lie/?

"Hahaha, thank you for disposing of them for me - your money is in the chamber adjacent. *Throws lever, dumping into deathtrap.*" - No?
They could- definitely in Roleplay.
Using OOC money to reflect RP money is more of an incentive for people to roleplay and it's done alright with bounties. But if one plans to lie about paying oocly- it's just a jerk move- kinda aggravates parties involved and ends up on our plate. If there's thoughts of not following through, then best just to leave out ooc money all together and keep it all in RP. I suppose there's always a grey area in which case 'enforcing' it may not be the way to go, but we'd definitely talk it out if it was reported.

Ooc money / Rp money should always be optional.

RIP consequences for actions.
You mean rip OOC consequences. RPly- there'd be a lot of loss in face and coin.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
They could- definitely in Roleplay.
Using OOC money to reflect RP money is more of an incentive for people to roleplay and it's done alright with bounties. But if one plans to lie about paying oocly- it's just a jerk move- kinda aggravates parties involved and ends up on our plate. If there's thoughts of not following through, then best just to leave out ooc money all together and keep it all in RP. I suppose there's always a grey area in which case 'enforcing' it may not be the way to go, but we'd definitely talk it out if it was reported.

Ooc money / Rp money should always be optional.

You mean rip OOC consequences. RPly- there'd be a lot of loss in face and coin.
I should have added the lenny face- My post was a joke. I already told Ddaug and TheDeester that I was okay with them not actually paying anything OOC. I might have been disgruntled in the outcome, but I was not against it. If they don't wanna pass money OOC then no harm no foul. It's all just fun for me, I've been having a blast with this entire thing.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
All good- just wanted to clear up the thread of any misconception about it

-Did edit my original post to specify when we'd step in, which is rarely (have had no cases). Most tend to just deal with it among themselves if there was any plot twist on paying up.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I'm confused. What tent is the baron in? Who's the baron? I've read this entire thing and nowhere do I find anything about tents. What type of tents are we talking about? Pavilions? Yurts? I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT!

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I'm confused. What tent is the baron in? Who's the baron? I've read this entire thing and nowhere do I find anything about tents. What type of tents are we talking about? Pavilions? Yurts? I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT!
They told me it'd be Meta if I told everyone which tent he was in.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
thank you for this

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
My assessment is a straight up Tabernacle.