Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Recruiting, WIP] The Alteran Guild of Mages

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I'm starting at one, too, if I get approved.

The only problem is that I think there are too many inexperienced in magick people joining the guild.

jrk190

Legend of Altera
I've yet to reapply, I have to tone my character down, and I'm not allowed to reapply for another week. I said I was a 5th Echlon, but that's too much for an 18 year old that's done nothing but read about magic for his whole life... (Apparently the words "Child" and "Prodigy" aren't allowed here... :L) So I'm just going to tone it down to a 3rd Echlon, JUST to make the lore team happy. If not, I'll just RP with magic the same I have since before this whole Application process began. I've been a mage waaaaay before the Exodus, so nobody's taken that into account...
I'm starting at 3, potential of 8. I don't know if that's OP or not :/

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
I've yet to reapply, I have to tone my character down, and I'm not allowed to reapply for another week. I said I was a 5th Echlon, but that's too much for an 18 year old that's done nothing but read about magic for his whole life... (Apparently the words "Child" and "Prodigy" aren't allowed here... :L) So I'm just going to tone it down to a 3rd Echlon, JUST to make the lore team happy. If not, I'll just RP with magic the same I have since before this whole Application process began. I've been a mage waaaaay before the Exodus, so nobody's taken that into account...
I'm starting at 3, potential of 8. I don't know if that's OP or not :/
I thought the rules said you don't have to apply if you've already been using magick for over three months before the whole application process?

jrk190

Legend of Altera
I'm starting at one, too, if I get approved.

The only problem is that I think there are too many inexperienced in magick people joining the guild.
People will be inexperienced until we let them experience it. They're new, but it's a learning experience for all of us.

jrk190

Legend of Altera
I thought the rules said you don't have to apply if you've already been using magick for over three months before the whole application process?
I never read that anywhere. I'll have to look into it, I can get plenty of Admins/Mods/Ex (Admins/Mods) To vouch for me. Heh, I remember when Bette helped Me and Tori in Wintermourne because Zelos couldn't use his magicks in the cold. They were trying to get his daughter back from Jack the Vyre in Wintermourne Eryie... That brings back memories...

Matto225

The White Mage
*Punts the thread back into the light of day*
I still think this guild is a great idea - is something happening with it? :)

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I don't see any point in a magic guild if barely anyone can use magic. WHEN THE LORE IS RELEASED, that's when we can start. Also, I don't know why I put that in caps.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
They're actually going to change the magic app, we probably have to wait ......I think....

EDIT: Ninja'd....

Matto225

The White Mage
*Gets out his broom and starts dusting the thread back into the depths of "inactivity"*

Ok, fair points, fair points... However

jrk190

Legend of Altera
Yeah, sorry guys! I've been inactive due to my new classes (AP Calculus, AP Government and Politics, AP Language and Composition, and AP Environmental Science), so you'll have to forgive me for being inactive. Once this mess with the magic lore gets worked out, we can begin meeting. It's a shame all of this is happening at the same time, so it's complex to work out.

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
well i've got 5th echelon, mostly skilled in electricity ( fulgurmagus ) and illusion ( spectromagnus ) as well as heavily skilled in symbolism, has hallucinations due to an accident... so... any room in there?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
nope, no more apps, but when the new system comes out, everyone will have to start over learning.
The details will be made clear shortly.

But we arent going to mess with current magic rpers before the new lore is out, so feel free to continue what you are doing. It will all be made clear soon.