Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Saddest Mission in Gaming History

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
SparkInSpace said:
A I the only one who likes the CoD MW storyline? ._. Heh haters gonna hate. I though Soap dying was pretty sad and the ending to MW3 was awesome....
The modern warfare series was different, unlike all of the other games it had a progressive storyline despite being separated by other games in the franchise. It added a more of a nostalgic feel when you saw someone you knew from the past games

Valcust

Lord of Altera
A I the only one who likes the CoD MW storyline? ._. Heh haters gonna hate. I though Soap dying was pretty sad and the ending to MW3 was awesome....
I am also a legitimate fan of the storyline of espionage and treason, I liked it all the way through :3
Though I never felt much when soap died..He was a bit..eh, excuse me for saying it, but he just wasn't an identifiable character for me. I never saw him as someone I should care about, really :/
Though I remember Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I remember watching my friends all shot down one after the other, and I remember the instant revenge taken on the man who had ordered their demise.
And as I was raised into the helicopter, I thought that maybe I had done some justice.
Maybe I had stopped the horrors of the war..
Then MW2 came out and revealed that we just fanned the flames to FUBAR proportions >.>

Valcust

Lord of Altera
I'm sorry, but when a man's neck muscles tower well above his cheek bones, I just can't take it seriously ._.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
For anyone who has played the gears of war series (I see draco has), you will know how sad this one was. Hands down, saddest moment for me.

dracoboy2

Lord of Altera
The ending of Red Dead Redemption quite literally made me cry. After following Marstom throughout the whole game, he ends up being raped by bullets...
I literally replayed that 5 or 6 times with the slim hope that i could possibly kill them all

Valcust

Lord of Altera
What about Dead Space in it's whole?
Think of Isaac's diminishing mental state.
Only three months ago, he had said goodbye to his love, knowing she would only be gone for so long.
Yet, as the horrors of the USG Ishimura become evident, he never loses hope.
She's okay- he repeats to himself.
Somehow, he's sure she's escaped.
Thoughts of doubt slowly crawl into his mind with every encounter with Necromorphs.
Maybe she's hurt..
Maybe she's gone..
Then he remembers the conversation.
No, he said, you should go. It'd be a good opportunity for you. I know you'll do well.
The guilt wells up within him until he discovers the truth, that she had committed suicide well before his arrival.
His mind becomes a pit of dispare and horror as the marker plays with his sanity.
I made her take the job.
I killed her.
With his grief instilled deep within his mind by the marker, he is plagued by visions of his deceased love, eyes bleeding and filled with static.
He continues to fight her, to tell her that he wishes he hadn't let her go.
That he still wants to hold onto a love that is quite literally dead.
Until he discovers the source of his delusions, his own inability to let go.
In a horrifying battle with his own psyche's projection of his love, he learns to move on.
To be at peace.
Exhausted and wounded, Isaac falls to the ground of the now horribly damaged space station, awaiting his demise.
Until his newly made friend bursts through the roof, her hands gripping the controls of a security's battle ship, screaming over the coms for Isaac to get in. to be saved.
As the two escape from their all too real hell, Isaac can't help but look back on the experience of loss that has lasted him three years.
And, somehow, he is happy to leave it behind.
But knows that his hardship is only just beginning.

...I really like Sci-fi games >.>

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
As I said, it's a different mindset that few people have/can understand :p
No... It's actually just not relevant... You're getting into how noble the effort of the soldiers is, when the thread topic is the saddest mission. The nobility of a soldier does not make it any more sad.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
What about Dead Space in it's whole?
Think of Isaac's diminishing mental state.
Only three months ago, he had said goodbye to his love, knowing she would only be gone for so long.
Yet, as the horrors of the USG Ishimura become evident, he never loses hope.
She's okay- he repeats to himself.
Somehow, he's sure she's escaped.
Thoughts of doubt slowly crawl into his mind with every encounter with Necromorphs.
Maybe she's hurt..
Maybe she's gone..
Then he remembers the conversation.
No, he said, you should go. It'd be a good opportunity for you. I know you'll do well.
The guilt wells up within him until he discovers the truth, that she had committed suicide well before his arrival.
His mind becomes a pit of dispare and horror as the marker plays with his sanity.
I made her take the job.
I killed her.
With his grief instilled deep within his mind by the marker, he is plagued by visions of his deceased love, eyes bleeding and filled with static.
He continues to fight her, to tell her that he wishes he hadn't let her go.
That he still wants to hold onto a love that is quite literally dead.
Until he discovers the source of his delusions, his own inability to let go.
In a horrifying battle with his own psyche's projection of his love, he learns to move on.
To be at peace.
Exhausted and wounded, Isaac falls to the ground of the now horribly damaged space station, awaiting his demise.
Until his newly made friend bursts through the roof, her hands gripping the controls of a security's battle ship, screaming over the coms for Isaac to get in. to be saved.
As the two escape from their all too real hell, Isaac can't help but look back on the experience of loss that has lasted him three years.
And, somehow, he is happy to leave it behind.
But knows that his hardship is only just beginning.

...I really like Sci-fi games >.>
Dead Space has a backstory, and after that it is just Isaac fighting endless hordes of demon-necromorph-choopa-thingys (Red vs. Blue reference). It isn't meant to have any emotion, it's just meant to scare the crap out of you and be sad. Isaac is completely alone, so once again, like Lone Wolves, it is difficult to compare to this mission from Ace Combat 5.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
In my opinion, the mission from Ace Combat 5 simply best captures what the death of a fellow soldier is in reality, at least for soldiers who still have a mind of what death really is, what it means, and how horrible it is. What's more, in the air force, people are often able to bail out before crashing, so they less commonly deal with the death of fellow soldiers, and as such, it is harder on them when one of them dies. Especially when that person was a member of the best squadron in the Osean military - the squadron that is single-handedly turning the tide of the war on Yuktobania.

This is what makes it so sad, for everybody: your fellow pilots and soldiers, and the citizens of your country.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
No... It's actually just not relevant... You're getting into how noble the effort of the soldiers is, when the thread topic is the saddest mission. The nobility of a soldier does not make it any more sad.
The sad thing about the Halo lore is the fact that these children were abducted from their parents at the age of (If I can remeber correctly) eight and trained into mindless killing machines.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
The sad thing about the Halo lore is the fact that these children were abducted from their parents at the age of (If I can remeber correctly) eight and trained into mindless killing machines.
Proving my point further. They are not normal human soldiers, and so you don't see the reaction that a normal, human soldier has when he sees one of his fellow soldiers die, hearing their last words, their struggle to save themselves and realization that they can't.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I haven't found a mission that has made me sad on games. Films, yes. Books, yes. The Dead island advert, yes... but no levels, missions in games.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I haven't found a mission that has made me sad on games. Films, yes. Books, yes. The Dead island advert, yes... but no levels, missions in games.
I watched the Tobuscus literal trailer for Dead Island... Even he couldn't lighten it up...

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Also, about CoD... They were good up to World At War, then once it got to MW it was just the same thing repeated over and over with some variations in the plot.