Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Saddest Mission in Gaming History

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
I know this is for the DS but screw it!
Kingdom Hearts 358/2

end boss fight with Xion T^T

That cutscene when you beat her....so sad

Ranruk

Lord of Altera
Don't know what I saw in it now that I watch it again, but this made me really sad the first time I played it through for some reason...

(Hint: It's after the credits)

Oh, and this was pretty sad too:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Ok, so I haven't played any of these other games, so I can only speak about the Ace Combat series (I also have no inention about argueing the best/worst deaths, I only wish to speak my part on the title of the thread).

Chopper's death was incredibly emotional to me. I remember thinking "They're not going to kill him. They CAN'T kill Chopper. He's... Chopper. He's the comic relief. They wouldn't kill the comic relief."
I give props to the game designers and story writers for how sad they could make a character's death where you don't even see their face (or was there a profile pic earlier in the game? eh). I was 17 when I played the game. Back then the emotion was in the character's actual death significance to the plot line (then he got replaced with that Archer guy and I was all like "who are you? Get out. You can't take Chopper's place.").
His death was such a turning point, too. They not only killed Chopper, but they killed the comic relief, and in doing that, killed the humor in the game. Everything became much more serious after his death. It was well-placed within the storyline, and really gave to the plot.

That's it! :D That's all I want to say!
I agree with most of that, but correction: Archer came in during the air raid over Sand Island in the 3rd or 4th mission. It wasn't until a bit later that Swordsman came in and took the place of Chopper. Archer filled Heartbreak One's place.

I love it afterwards, though, because then the endless Yuktobanian forces start thinking, "Hey, they're not demons after all. We can take them." Then Edge and Archer (and probably the player) go all raaggeee and the Yukes are like, "Holy crap! This is their true power?! Did the demons take them over?!"

RoeWolf

Loyal Servant of Altera
I agree with most of that, but correction: Archer came in during the air raid over Sand Island in the 3rd or 4th mission. It wasn't until a bit later that Swordsman came in and took the place of Chopper. Archer filled Heartbreak One's place.

I love it afterwards, though, because then the endless Yuktobanian forces start thinking, "Hey, they're not demons after all. We can take them." Then Edge and Archer (and probably the player) go all raaggeee and the Yukes are like, "Holy crap! This is their true power?! Did the demons take them over?!"
...processing...
Yep, you're right, everything's right. It was Swordsman who came in to replace Chopper, and Archer who 'replaced' Heartbreak One. I was actually thinking of when Archer replaced Heartbreak One, how I was like "How dare you stand (fly) where they stood (flew)!" It's been so long since I played, I must have gotten the two mixed up.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
...processing...
Yep, you're right, everything's right. It was Swordsman who came in to replace Chopper, and Archer who 'replaced' Heartbreak One. I was actually thinking of when Archer replaced Heartbreak One, how I was like "How dare you stand (fly) where they stood (flew)!" It's been so long since I played, I must have gotten the two mixed up.
xD You should play it again, it really doesn't get old.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
The last mission in GTA IV is quite sad as well. So is the mission where Roman might die depending on your previous actions.