Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[sign up] The Colonists

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Colonists
Surviving against the savages
[link to savages page]
^D11EECC3D4E87CDE002B5CDC8358CC767A559F665BFEECD5B1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
worn men / hard workers / community based / team-effort.

Theme song: (thanks CyberChaosV2 )
Welcome to the thread where you can read all about Colony-RP.
Here you can start your colony adventure, join us and meet us in game at the colony.
At the bottom of the thread you can find a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.

There are many reasons to like and dislike Colony RolePlay. I'll put all of the ones I can think of
down here and you may decide whether you love it or hate it, join it or stay away from it.
LIKE:
- It offers a more realistic kind of RolePlay.
- The things I do are more meaningful, because they were harder to achieve.
- The people on the colony are like-minded.
- The people on the colony appreciate what I do, because we need to work together to achieve things.
- I get to see what people do, because everyone needs to emote their actions.
- I feel important for the colony, because I have a role in the system.
- I like the survival feel it offers: It feels good to prepare against possible threats, diseases, starvation, etc.
DISLIKE:
- I don't like people telling me which rules to follow, I want to do whatever I please.
- I like things to be done fast, not to put too much effort in trivial tasks.
- I don't like realistic roleplay, give me fast paced, the faster and stronger, the better.
- I can't imagine invisible threats or life in a colony all too well.
- I don't like things that involve dungeon masters.
- It doesn't appeal to me to have a chance to get sick, attacked, raided, or starve.

Make up your mind, the above is part of the essence that Colony Rp offers and I hope it appeals to
you so we can roleplay together for many hours to come!

colonists location.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Rules and Gameplay
The art of Colonization RolePlay.

The Fundamental Rules (later on referred to as FR):
These are the rules that you'll need to keep in mind and follow when you're on the colony. If you don't
like these rules, then colony rp might not be the right thing for you. Disregarding these rules will
end up in removing your perms to build in the colony.
--> The goal is to enjoy the process of achieving a set safe colony, so we'll try and stay as primitive as long as possible. This means you won't be able to bring many resources and you'll have to gather resources in the area as much as possible.
(should you find something and you need an IG item for it, you are free to get that from your bank/enderchest/pocket, and name it)
--> Every action performed will take more time than usually, but won't be as slow as real life.
--> For every action you like to perform, you must keep fatigue in mind:
You'll get tired after cutting down two trees and need to relax for a few seconds before proceeding.
--> Every action in roleplay must be emoted: You'll /ch rp and use ** for the thing your character does.
--> Day and Night time in Altera are already longer than normal MineCraft. During the day you can perform all manner of things you'd normally do. During the night, you either stay indoors, around a fire, or do other nightly activities. (like stealing, patrolling, staying on watch, sleeping, making plans for the next day, etc.)
--> Stashes: a stash is a pile of materials. In normal Minecraft, you can fill a chest with masses of a certain material, which is not realistic at all. In the colony, you place 1 block of the material in the chest, for each 5 blocks in the chest. In the picture below, you can see a stash of 5 blocks of planks. This means there can be up to 25 blocks of planks in the chest below. The bigger the stash, the more blocks you can put in the chest. The blocks are put into the chest in sets of 5 per square, instead of the normal max of 64 per square.
01.jpg
--> Carrying: the main rule is that you can carry 5 blocks of raw material or 10 blocks of processed material when performing an activity. However, this rule is not as strict as the other rules above. When performing a particular activity, the rule is very strict. But if you are patrolling and you happen to still have 5 logs and 40 planks in your inventory, by accident. There is no problem.
This rule is in place so you have a guideline on what your character can carry. Do you have a small halfling as character, you might be able to carry less, and a strong earthspawn could carry more.
--> When you log out, you are free to choose to place a sign where you fell asleep or whatever reason there is why you're not at the camp.
--> I am one of the "Dungeon Masters" of the colony. If you progress too fast, carry too much, dig a mine without placing supports, build a house without roof supports --> I will make happen what would have happened in real life. a.k.a make the mine collapse, destroy the roof of the house, return your progress back to where it should have been.
(regard it as some sort of minigame if you like, a dungeon but then above ground and with different challenges and goals)

Rules considering Activities:
Some activities are bound to a set of rules.
Things that are not named in the rules are free for own interpretation.
--> When chopping down a tree:
|---> You cut away all the logs from the ooc tree
|---> You leave the stump of the tree to uproot later on.
|---> You place some logs on the ground, creating a fallen tree.
|---> You take the time to chop pieces out of the tree you just created.
|---> Each set of 5 logs requires one man/woman to carry to a new position / chest. (can't carry more than 5 logs in inventory ICly.)
|---> Once the fallen tree is removed according to FR-RP you can create a stash.

--> When constructing:
|---> Make a plan for what you intend to build by writing something about it in a vanilla book. You
may use one book for multiple plans. (fencing, walls and other simple builds do not need a plan) You are free to add a link to a screen shot of the build you have in mind, or a picture that
resembles it, if writing a description of it gets too difficult.
|---> Create separate stashes of the materials you intend to use for your build at the building site or let
someone create them for you.
|---> Start your construction with the foundations, use makeshift ladders and build scaffolding for to
build parts higher up, where you'd normally just jump up the wall.
|---> Use common sense and laws of gravity when building, if you do not support your roof when you
build up, it'll collapse.

--> When mining:
|---> You can mine 10 blocks total per part of day: morning, noon, afternoon. This means if you rest
enough between the day parts, you can mine 30 blocks a day. You cannot mine in the evening or
night.
|---> You need to place support beams (unprocessed logs in combination with fences) every 5-10
blocks you dig in any direction.
|---> It's no use to make a diamond pickaxe, mining goes very slow. Instead, to create the right feel,
use a wooden pickaxe: It's closer to the mining speed you'd have and requires constant maintenance
and repairs.

--> When farming:
|---> You need to somehow collect seeds, either from the wilderness or bring some with you.
|---> You are free to create any plant that would normally grow in the conditions the colony is in!
|---> Plants grow in stages. Use an IRL day for each stage. You start off with making the ground ready
and planting a sapling (sign)
02.jpg
The next step is to add a stage per day (with faster growing plants you can add a stage in your IRL morning as well as your IRL evening)
03.jpg
And so on, until you are satisfied with the shape your plant has taken so it is fully grown.
|---> In the end, when your plant is fully grown, you may pick an item you like its fruit/loot to be.
Then name this item (for instance a vine that is called "Hop" when you like hops for to brew beer).
Then place an item frame somewhere on you plant and place the hop in it at any time, so you can
ICly harvest them at set times, determined by your common sense.

--> When ... <more to come, per request>

Rules considering Rolling dice for RP actions:
Roleplay at the colony consists of an important part of chance. There are different kinds of actions
with different kinds of rolls. The rules below are guidelines. If you forget to add modifiers, it's no
disaster. However, these rules should be kept in mind when roleplaying and are the following:

--> Individual RP: This is the roll you use when your action affects only yourself or surroundings,
can be done in groups: You choose an action you wish to perform and follow up with a /roll d20.
From the outcome of this roll, you decide what happens in RP. This way there's a bit of chance, but
in the end
you are the one controlling the severity of it.
--> Joint RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action together. For instance, you're
trying to uproot a bush and your both pulling at it. Everyone involved with the action rolls a d20. The
rolls are summarized. The sum of the rolls determines the outcome. Since you're performing the
action together, there is a higher chance of success.

--> Dungeon Master RP: This is roleplay that is initiated by the DM. In this case, the DM will tell
you when to roll. You roll as indicated by the DM and the DM will determine what happens with the
outcome of your roll. There's more surprise elements to this kind of rp than the previous ones.
--> Profession RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action that your character is
specialized in. For instance a cook cooking food or a hunter taking a shot at a deer. You emote your
action, after which you follow it up with a /roll d20+5. You'll get a bonus 5 points to your roll,
because your character is skilled at the thing he/she does. This also counts for certain spots within
the colony. If you are roleplaying at a site with roll modifiers, signs will indicate it. For instance: a
kitchen will have a sign at the stove indicating you can roll +5 for when you're attempting to cook. If
your character is already a cook, this means you'll roll +10. This makes the RP more realistic, since a
noob would have more chance of burning his food than a proper cook would.
--> Wound RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action while being wounded, dizzy,
sleepy, sick, weak, etc. You emote an action, followed up by a /roll d20-1 or minus another number,
increasing with the negative effects you're having.
--> Special Event RP: At times at the colony, the effort of the colonists is rewarded with special
event rp. This happens for instance when some colonists used all day to gather materials to build, or
worked their land all day, or used a big part of their time for something special. In this case, they may
add modifiers to their rolls, since they prepared well enough to have more chance of success.

Rules considering Joining and Leaving the colony:
--> You can join any time by taking the small boat from the dockmaster. However, this means you
can only carry a few stuff (as indicated by the "quick-join form".)
--> You can join once every IRL week on a big boat, which allows for more supplies. (As indicated by the "big-boat form")
--> You can be kicked off of the colony if you continue to break the above set rules.
--> You can leave the colony at any time ( for instance to join events and campaigns, or for roleplay with friends that live somewhere else!)
--> You cannot live on the colony as well as in some other town or village.
--> You can leave at any time, if you think the rp is not what you thought it would be.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

1. Why are the colonists fighting the savages?
The savages hold many valuable items in their caves and the colonists want to have those.
The way savages behave is barbaric to the colonists, the way colonists behave is offensive to the savages. There is a mutual disliking.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Current Members and forms
Fill in the "Quick-join form" to join as soon as you are reviewed.
SirLuamTehDoge is leader of this RP community!

I expect for the colony members to become a tight friendly community. Let's hope our
members will feel the same way :) The colony roleplay is still in alpha fase. Which means
there might be rules that will be deleted and some added. I will need the help of the
players that join the colony to create the best roleplay experience possible in the set
boundaries of the colony rp.

Current Members:
<jakp25 Co Dungeon-Master>

- Ronn McBryde SirLuamTehDoge --- LEADER- Woodcutter / man-at-arms
- Luke Packman Piratep00f --- construction <Co Dungeon-Master>
- Azariah Ralotumal Asirel Luik --- Huntress
- Ivy 'Lightfur' Jazzper --- Scout
- Cymic Seymour IanAwesomePants --- man-at-arms / tailor (Been away for over an IC month)
- Jhaeros Rang3r0wns94 --- Scribe / recording our history (Been away for over an IC month)
- Wulfric BoredBrit --- Miner / smith
- Kethron Dramaign Heie --- Architect
- Beatrice Raykaystar --- Child (never truly joined)
- Puzlas Puzlas --- Fisherman
- Edgar Fishymatt --- Doctor
- Auxilius Drev cowo5 --- Shalheranna Priest
- Victor Roichstead The Tottot --- Manual labor
- Syrillian Lirakitty --- Huntress / leatherworker
- Themis StartOmega --- Fisherman / Hunter
- This could be you!

Joining form: (add either the quick-join or the big-boat form to this)

Username:

Reason for joining OOC:
Character name:
Reason for joining IC:

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony?

Do you agree to follow the set rules?

Would you like to help develop this alpha stage of RolePlay?
<you do not need to say yes. If you fill in "yes", I'd like to know how you intend to help me out>
What is your timezone?

What's your average online time?

Quick-Join Form: (once reviewed, you can join instantaneously)
Boat Inventory Slots:
- total of 5 blocks
Inventory Slots:
- total of 2 misc. items
Weapon Slots:
- total of 1 weapons (shield / weapon / bow / quiver)

Big-Boat Form: (once reviewed, you can take the weekly boat (on sundays))
Boat Inventory Slots:
- total of 30 blocks
Inventory slots:
- total of 3 misc. items

Weapon Slots:
- total of 2 weapons (shield / weapon / bow / quiver)

The above forms are subject to possible change.

Last edited:

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Username: SirLiam1124
Reason for joining OOC: This looks fun af, and I need to see mah frund again.
Character name: Ronn McBryde
Reason for joining IC: Needs to get away from all the Mainlanders (He's Lucan), hoping this will be a good way to do so.

Probably a guard and woodcutter.

Of course.

<you do not need to say yes. If you fill in "yes", I'd like to know how you intend to help me out>
Ey bb, you know I got you with helping run things on the IC side, Ronn and I are at yo service.

What is your timezone?
EST

At least 6 Hours a Day

Quick-Join Form
Boat Inventory Slots:
- x5 Cut Wooden Planks
Inventory Slots:
- x1 Charcoal Dust
- x1 Flint and Steel
- x1 Flask of Mead
- x1 Canteen of Water
- x1 Loaf of Bread

Weapon Slots:
- Steel Arming Sword
- Steel Wood-Cutting Axe

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Username: tanjya_aclinta
Reason for joining OOC: It's Pirate :heart:
Character name: Azariah Ralotumal
Reason for joining IC: No home, was told that if she helps, she can live there.

Nope!

Sure :D

Sure! And just lemme know what you'd need help with!

What is your timezone?
EST

Ah - too much? XD

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Joining form:
Username: Jasper151627237
Reason for joining OOC: That be P00f and the Dutch flag.
Character name: Ivy 'Lightfur'
Reason for joining IC: Being a Caparius and them talking about being around nature.

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony: Cooking, scouting, playing music
Do you agree to follow the set rules: Yes.

Would you like to help develop this alpha stage of RolePlay: I'm here for you if you need me bb.

What is your timezone: You know. GMT+1:00

What's your average online time: Mostly three hours in the evening during the week but during weekend I'll be on a lot more.

Quick-Join Form:
Boat Inventory Slots:
-Bedroll (carpet)
-Straw
-Straw
-
-

Inventory Slots:
-Lute
-Waterskin
-Strawberry seeds
-Paper
-Quill

Weapon Slots:
-Skinning/hunting dagger
-Small knife

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
We've started the colony RP :D
so far so good, we'll all keep you updated in this thread :)
Members feel free to post scr shots and comments and whatever you like in this thread!

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Username: IanAwesomePants
Reason for joining OOC: Can't say no, seems ACTUALLY enjoyable!
Character name: Cymic Seymour
Reason for joining IC: He tagged along Packman, a good friend.

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony? Tailoring, Guarding
Do you agree to follow the set rules? Yes

*Shrug*
What is your timezone? EST

What's your average online time? Like.. 2 - 11 hours on weekdays.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Lannis
Heya,
we could use Dungeon Master's to DM savage primitive tribes around the colony to attack or scout near the colony at random times that the DM may pick.
Think you can do that for us or someone else? Preferable at as random times as you can think of :)
Is this possible?

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Username: Heie
Reason for joining OOC: I think Eventine is an interesting place.
Character name: Kethron Dramaign
Reason for joining IC: Creating a retreat for House Dramaign. Also Thiil isn't exactly safe at the moment, so it will give him a safish place to be until things cool down.

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony? Architect
Do you agree to follow the set rules? yep

<you do not need to say yes. If you fill in "yes", I'd like to know how you intend to help me out> yes? by testing it out or troubleshooting. Can also give suggestions when they pop into my mind.
What is your timezone? PST

What's your average online time? Varries because of busy ...... life at moment.

Quick-Join Form: (once reviewed, you can join instantaneously)
Boat Inventory Slots:
- [Will think of something]
-
Inventory Slots:
- Various Forms [House Permit, Dog Permit]
- Melon Seeds
- Building Plans [Will need to fill these out]
- Fishing Pole
- ?

Weapon Slots:
- Wooden Staff

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Username: Raykaystar or AgentDaisy5
Reason for joining OOC: Sounds totally awesome
Character name: Maybe Beatrice
Reason for joining IC: She ain't got no home

Do you have a set job in mind that you'd like to perform at the colony? Uh. She's a child so she would learn what she wants to do as time goes on
Do you agree to follow the set rules? Yes

Sure! Depends on my activity

What's your average online time? Sorry to say it's kind of random. Whenever I have time so usually late afternoons