Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Some changes in the new world. [Please read]

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If carts could move slower I'd be a bit fond of them, I've always loved the idea of going deep underground and passing a ravine with lava falls, ancient ruins and so many interesting things. Buuut, Carts move too fast, would be better off walking.

..Or taking a horse through caves. lol.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Lets not start picking on vanilla features. Shall we take out redstone too? And what about tnt, lamps?

If airships ever become a vanilla feature then they are in. Vision or not I don't think we want to start taking the fun away from Minecraft by nerfing it.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I don't think we seriously considered removing anything vanilla besides villager trades, which was an override.

...Gonna go think nice thoughts bout vanilla airships.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Perhaps not use powered rails, but a powered minecart instead? Pop some coal in, as a payment of sorts. How long your journey takes increases the amount of coal needed. This may also up the demand for coal, creating a more stable market.

-K9

C

Cubey

I thought we dont need airship but whats vanilla airship? I don't think so.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
With the advent of horses it would be nice to see most of the towns built closer to the capital. To make horse travel more practical. Establish a Kings Road (or two) with guide lines that most towns be built within a certain distance of the main roads.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
With the advent of horses it would be nice to see most of the towns built closer to the capital. To make horse travel more practical. Establish a Kings Road (or two) with guide lines that most towns be built within a certain distance of the main roads.
We have a King's Road type thing from Port Silver to Tauredal, Stormhold and Wintermourne already. :D

Menel

Carpet Monkey

We have a King's Road type thing from Port Silver to Tauredal, Stormhold and Wintermourne already. :D

i don't know the distances and the size of the new map but as we are incrising in numbres, rather then decreasing i would say links/ports still are needed. sure, one could travel on foot (with horse) from Tauredal to Port Silver and it would kind of increase the immersion but in games with big distances i am always happy about fast travel. after all it still is a game, not reallife, even though we do roleplay =)

we could rather search for another travel plugin then. i remember that there was one where an enderdragon was flying you from one point to another. you did not fly yourself but automatically, but time still was needed to get from one point to another. i am sure that there will be a plugin like that for horses.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
I think there could be a lot of interesting roleplaying possibilities with commonly used roads. RP bandits haunting mountain passes or thick forests. Quests with a caravan trying to reach some city with, bandits, wildman or mobs thrown against them. Town "A" block travel to town "B" RP might have to fight their way through/negotiate a peace/slip past Town "A" soldiers, or find some other solution. Guides might need to be hired to reach some locations.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
just as long as we won't waste a lot of space with that =/ would be horrible to see half of the map untouched :D

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
just as long as we won't waste a lot of space with that =/ would be horrible to see half of the map untouched :D
A good arrangement would be a few large cities, with clusters of smaller towns near them with villages and hamlets around those.

I don't know how that could arise naturally though

Menel

Carpet Monkey
hmmm, most people want to make citys, that -is- kind of hard.

maybe the staff could build npc-villiages (copy and paste them in) to fill in blank gaps?

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
There are a few villages: Elkron, Marograd, Port Mirage, Thundervall. They are usually miles from their parent city though.

It could be done if someone were willing to buy plots in a wide area and then assign portions of it to various members. I sort of did this with Mirage and Port Mirage - they are the same region, but the port is in a separate location.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
I have an idea. Some region owners could instead of buying more regions, just use plots to extend out into the wilderness and build villages? You can unclaim the plots leading up to the village, and it'd be good for RP purposes. I'm sure as heck going to use it in mine :3