Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Some changes in the new world. [Please read]

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Just to expand on my idea, I think it'd also be good for some sort of PVP war-type stuff. For example, if I had a city with three villages around it, you could organize a sort of event where people battle to take the villages over. That'd give a greater focus in war, and with more focus in war that could lead onto other things.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
that is a good idea, but i would say there would be at least 2 villiages needed per city? maybe that is too much to be asked.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
Just to expand on my idea, I think it'd also be good for some sort of PVP war-type stuff. For example, if I had a city with three villages around it, you could organize a sort of event where people battle to take the villages over. That'd give a greater focus in war, and with more focus in war that could lead onto other things.

sally once said to me that she is sad that there are no realy organized wars. if you want it just do it golden =) you only need an enemy willing to play along.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I think we shouldn't allow regions that have plots that aren't all connected. (for those that don't know, you can claim 2 plots and keep unclaiming/claiming them like a game of leapfrog to get to an area away from the main region). I did it for mirage after seeing it in Moonrise and I regret it now.

Anyway, you'd need the plots between the village and the main town so you can build a road or trackway.

A good arrangement would be a city with connections to other cities. Roads would lead out in various directions to surrounding villages and tracks from those would lead to individual farms and homesteads. Farmers would bring goods to the city to trade.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
that is a good idea, but i would say there would be at least 2 villiages needed per city? maybe that is too much to be asked.
That's achievable. The trick is not to make the city too full of housing so there is a reason for people to form villages. The city would have a market and shops, plus meeting spaces, a pub etc.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
I think we shouldn't allow regions that have plots that aren't all connected. (for those that don't know, you can claim 2 plots and keep unclaiming/claiming them like a game of leapfrog to get to an area away from the main region). I did it for mirage after seeing it in Moonrise and I regret it now.

Anyway, you'd need the plots between the village and the main town so you can build a road or trackway.

A good arrangement would be a city with connections to other cities. Roads would lead out in various directions to surrounding villages and tracks from those would lead to individual farms and homesteads. Farmers would bring goods to the city to trade.
While on that subject, does anyone think it'd be a good idea to use donkeys/mules as a sort of mobile caravan shop? It'd be good for RP and trade, in my opinion.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
It could be done if someone were willing to buy plots in a wide area and then assign portions of it to various members.
That is exactly what I am planning for the new world, one huge region with a city or two, a few towns, more villages and lots of smaller settlements dotted about. All linked with appropriate road routes, lots of nice scenic builds, etc. ;)

- Boulder

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
I'm We are building a village now.
Compared to HR it is a village, but it will seem like a city for some...

[edit]I could never do it without the awesome builders!

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
I'm thinking of not taking Zuk'Thar across and starting a new Zuk'Thar from a fresh!

Bit like in the elder scrolls when ordinuim is destroyed and the orcs rebuild it!

Means the one in current world can be destroyed in awesome war too!

Menel

Carpet Monkey
That is exactly what I am planning for the new world, one huge region with a city or two, a few towns, more villages and lots of smaller settlements dotted about. All linked with appropriate road routes, lots of nice scenic builds, etc. ;)

- Boulder

yeah but...you are the only one how can pull that off mister rich guy xD

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
What I'm thinking about is building a small estate/manor/strong hold, near a major city or transportation hub. Primarily just as my residence but have part of it open as well as adjacent ruins, village or structure of some type that can serve as an interesting rp setting.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky

- Boulder
Seeing the way minecraft and the playerbase works, I'm very interested in seeing something like this actually work. I too thought of something similar, but stopped. My reasoning was this: How many people are going to fill that multi-town layout? Are you going to encourage your citizens to spread out, and see very few people in their town at any one time, or will they all simply group up in the city, leaving you with a ring of dead towns? Wouldn't it be better to build one city-state that holds all members so that activity stays as high as possible?

So yeah. I dropped the idea. However, if you can pioneer some way for it to work out, then major props to you good sir.

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
I think it'd be good to just have odd sturctures in general in regions. Think about it, I'm walking from a regions capital to a satellite village, and then BOOM! I come across some odd structure. It could have anything in it, including signs that hint at something. That'd be absolutely brilliant for RP and exploration.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
I'd have my mansion and mill in boulders area if I were to be allowed to call it elumirel territory. . And build farms around it

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I don't think having multiple "villages" within a huge region would be very effective, for the reasons Pyrocide laid out above, but I do think it is possible to create a similar effect.

Even the most dedicated of city-lovers will, in time, desire to own their own city, mansion, or "expensive" build one day; it's the nature of Minecraft to upgrade.

So, building on Jeroxia's comment about mansions, why not just have a bunch of private estates and large, independently-owned farms pop up around the countryside? That would give spice to the surrounding area without creating "competition" in the form of new villages.

You could also build ruins of cities and builds to fill up space in the surrounding area; no one would live there (except maybe a caravan merchant or two ;)), but it would still provide a host of new places to explore and create RP in.

Also, going back to the rails-systems, I actually did have an awesome idea for a dwarven rails-system involving a broken bridge and "accidental" drop-off onto a lower (100m+) "mine shaft" rails-system, just in case anyone was wondering how to make an interesting RP minecart adventure... :rolleyes:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Shouldn't need to; the shopkeeper plugin we use doesn't require lockette, so I see no reason why the same principle/programming can't be used on pack-mules.