Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Som's Experiment

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
If anything, What you just talked about is the definition of Racism, NOT Bullying.
I believe my post could also be interpreted as talking about not only racism, but sexism, religious intolerance, and other derogatory actions that have usually revolved around the use of a word. Perhaps the websters definition of bullying doesn't exactly match up with what I was referencing, however that doesn't make it okay, nor appropriate for the forums.

Some people consider it an act of being honest, I don't see how such a reaction could be considered mature or appropriate. We're on a pg-13 server and forum discussing buttons, was that reaction really necessary?

I'm hoping this can stop now, and this can be the last post on this specific subset of the subject, because it's been getting out of hand and the constructive element to this discussion is gone, if there ever was one.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The love button and the agree button.
Heck drop the agree button.

We just need 5 love buttons.

Princess Wizard Laura

Lord of Altera
I believe that the love and like button aren't necessities, but it certainly boosts morale of some people. Just as a dislike on a forum post could ruin someones day, a player love could brighten it~.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Cuntier. Does that offend you?
(I think more then one person recognizes this word. You know who you are)

If we are going to start labeling things bullying, well I have something to tell you, a lot more of the people around us are bullies then we think. Nick just has the courtesy to be up front about his opinions. I'd take that over talking behind my back anyday.
That is true, but you know that isn't offensive to me. I laughed about it with y'all.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
The disagree button was not removed to discourage contrary opinions. To hazard a guess, it was in response to a minority abusing it to get a rise out of folk- to quote, ">tfw disagree is the new dislike." Regardless of how insignificant it may be, fact of the matter is that it does upset people to receive a rating that's seen as baseless. Consistently disagreeing without providing the invariable request for elaboration as established by ongoing trend of past disagreements demonstrates a lack of respect for the poster and their ideas. It has been longstanding forum etiquette that you provide an explanation for negative ratings, repeated intentional violation resulted it in going away for now.
While punishing those involved directly would be another alternative, removal altogether prevents it from becoming an issue in the future and nudges those that do legitimately disagree to provide a more meaningful response; contributing to an opinion is a far more effective way of changing it than to state that you do not share it.
I fully relate to talk of avoiding an environment where ability to express oneself is limited by the reaction of others. That said, such was not the sentiment behind removing negative ratings- it was for the reasons described above. I fully encourage argument and discussion, and vehemently assert that it will not incur punitive action. It's only a problem when people are not civil, immature, and disrespectful to fellow players. It ceases to be an argument when one side stops taking a stance against an idea and assumes one against a person. Be excellent to each other, man.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Petition to get Player love replaced with "WORSHIP SALLANA"

*Ahem* I know I was meant to respond to something and I know it was important, but I'm so tired from all of this, sorry D:, I'll just browse whilst whitelisting now

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I am NOT reading the rest of those pages. no way, nuh uh, I have better things to do.

all I can say is, I am all for anything that erases the drama, and that bloody disagree button seems like it had been the only perpetuator of any drama surrounding... well, any sensitive topic on these forums.
basically makes the opposition bloody lazy, because they just have to hit a button. they don't have to /actually/ think about why they disagreed. they could just say no, which just aggravated the person being told no, because it was anything /but/ constructive, and so often, they specifically made that post in an attempt to appeal to anyone (discussions about the success of any such endeavors aside).

and let's be honest, there are a group of people who seem to enjoy being needlessly contrarian on the forums, and they happened to be the ones using disagree most often.
not naming names here, but. yeah.

personally, just skimming, I noted already the effect the extra required legwork had done to discussions. look at how you're all talking. if the disagree button was on, none of you would have decided to make longer posts expressing your feelings. and lets face it, there's a degree of anonymity to pressing a button, in that you actually have to click to see who disagreed with a post.

y'all are in the open now, and that makes you more accountable for your actions.

Raith

Lord of Altera
If I was a new player coming to see what all this was about. I'd reconsider joining this community and find another server

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Petition to get Player love replaced with "WORSHIP SALLANA"

*Ahem* I know I was meant to respond to something and I know it was important, but I'm so tired from all of this, sorry D:, I'll just browse whilst whitelisting now
WTB Worship Gods button, one button for each God.

EDIT: I think at this point, people need to step away from the keyboard. Go have a beverage and a snack, calm down some and stop dragging drama out over a little red 'x' button.