Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Som's Experiment

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
tumblr_npvsfmRVAy1s01sc3o1_r1_500.gif

Blah- I was so close to 20K playerloves

Spark

Broken
I dug this quote out because it fits so perfectly. xD
I hopped on after waking up, saw that you quoted me and though "what have I said recently", clicked the link and realised it was you quoting me about salt. I then went to player love your post... to find only a like button... I was confused at first, until I started reading some posts around it and realised I was in the middle of a shit storm.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Sorting through the pages- I noticed there hasn't been a valid point of /keeping/ the disagree button besides several users of it whining for it. (Really @Valonyx? We take out the disagree button and you feel like punching your screen? @Dr.Patriot .. Really-? Something something some game took away my ability to click an icon that holy symbolizes why I do not agree because I cannot write and type it out for the 1 minute I took to read that post?) Then there're several valid reasons why it should stay removed. No one here has given reason for me to be for placing the disagree button back. Most of these reactions are without any factual reason to keep it.

I can't sort and reply to every post- But removing the disagree button doesn't take away your will to voice an opinion. Obviously- the influx of posts and discussions here show that. I'm hearing you all. And not a single one has given good reason to keep what was rightfully sealed away.

I had to respond to this at least. The laws placed by this "tiny" minority are decided and based upon the actions of the majority. The disagree button was abused way to many times for our liking and we decided it was time to take it away from those grubby fingers. No- this doesn't mean you folks are barred and not free to dislike things and post why it should be kept. Give us reason why it should stay.

One of the positive reasons it was take off was that it promotes active discussion, dispels instant negativity. If you all go log into your favorite media sight (Someone mentioned it already)- You'll notice there's rarely a dislike button. No disagree button. Not many have negative ratings. (Save for youtube- youtube's community is negative and weird- No sane person reads the comments.) There's no forum site where disagrees are useful and not hurtful. Most social medias only have likes, hearts, reblogs, and responds for positive outlooks on their.. well- media. If someone disagrees with something, they can literally ignore the post or write a rant instead of just "I disagree- I don't have to explain why". This'll only promote constructive criticism.. along with more rants. Negative or positive. Now there'd be words to back up what that little icon did.
Late response, but just wanted to explain myself. :D (This page went from 7 to 15 pages in one night ._. )
The thing I said about the minority, weren't meant that I was against the removal of the disagree button, so I think you misunderstood my response. It is a fact that it was not the majority that misused the disagree button, and a lot of rules are made for the minority.
Of course it is sad for those who properly use it, but for those who can not, it is a better solution to prevent them from doing it.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I came home and had a biiiit of a panic when I noticed all the buttons disappeared. Though all in all I really like this change. I never really used the disagree button all that much but I see how removing all the buttons can lead to better communication and hopefully a better experience on HW. *Thumbs up.* :)

KatrinMair

Lord of Altera
I really enjoy this idea. I LIKE this idea ;)

I think it will take a lot of competition out of everything and lead to a better base to talk on :heart:

:-* Kat

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Congratulations everyone! If you look to your forum profile page, you'll see three sets of numbers. Positive rating, neutral rating and negative rating. The neutral and negative ratings are now officially LEGACY POINTS. No new profiles will ever be able to get them. So now you can feel special!!

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
Congratulations everyone! If you look to your forum profile page, you'll see three sets of numbers. Positive rating, neutral rating and negative rating. The neutral and negative ratings are now officially LEGACY POINTS. No new profiles will ever be able to get them. So now you can feel special!!
Now I feel bad for not getting any negative rating...

dogbew

Lord of Altera
I've been looking for more reasons to feel special

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Hahaha! I swear I am at least in the top 5 on the disagree and maybe Dislike points. Maybe even number one for disagrees :)

Hoards all the Legacy Points