Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Som's Experiment

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Kids using the disagree button to throw shade.

That's not what that button is for! And throwing shade breaks the server rules!

Abuse the button and I'll petition to have it taken away!

This has been a public service announcement from Dummy. Please disagree responsibly.
And a little later on:
I don't know about you. But I'm tired of kids using the disagree button to throw shade or express anything other than disagreement. They aren't using it responsibly or maturely. So I say get rid of it. If those little twerps wanna disagree with something, they can use their words. And if they wanna throw shade, they can use their words, and then be reprimanded for it.
*slowly rides in atop a mighty mule*
"Howdy, kids. Lookin' fer me?"

It was abused. It was taken away.

Why not take away /fly when it is abused? Because when /fly is abused other players aren't getting crapped on. That, and the disagree button ain't that usefull.

And in case you haven't caught on. I'm the one that pushed to have it removed in the first place.

Ace19

Lord of Altera
Huh. . .To be honest, The only reason I used the disagree button is because the way I would type it out in a post wouldnt be Pg-13 and would indeed be frowned upon by "SJW's ". But from now on if I do disagree with something, Im just going to post "Disagree" as an answer to the lack of the button. I also think no buttons except for the like button would be nice but aye, Im part of the Fuck boi squad with @Tybalt and @The Courier, so my argument is invalid.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Just wan to say this before I crash. I agree with being able to express opinions and doing so with energy. However we sometimes forget there is a living breathing person on the other side of the screen. You may not be offended by something but that doesn't mean someone else isn't either. We don't know each others stories, or what trauma someone has gone through whether it be life or that very day. Your argument about "Watering down your discussion or kid gloves" I totally understand sometimes I feel the same way. However again what is more important your right to use harsh words to further a point or someone else's peace of mind for the night, your right to say "cunt" or any other possibly offensive word or the communities cohesion as a whole?

When I'm not in the midst of angrily retorting to someone I choose the later in both cases, I've come dangerous close to crossing that line tonight in several posts and if you feel I have I apologize to you. Specifically @Dr.Patriot as I was getting frustrated with his posts at the time, I could have been more reasonable and less flamey with you.

But basically if you have an argument to make does the expletives strengthen your argument in any meaningful way or just make you feel better personally? From what I've seen the later and it actually hurts your argument because it does in fact weaken it, doesn't disregard it but folks are naturally predisposed to say "Whelp nothing productive is coming out of that". You could make a great argument but you sprinkle it with crude language and folks won't give it much of an chance...that is a cruel truth since folks seem to like that phrase tonight.

Be kind to each other, if you can't manage that be civil, if not that well do what mom always said. If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. I would add constructive to nice but you get the idea.

Make Hollowworld a place worth RPing in not a place to be "man I'm glad I don't RP there".

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I think I've sifted through the salt to find a few gems, here, and will shortly be removing the superfluous positive ratings. Like will remain, as it's more or less internet standard at this point.

I still maintain that I'd like it to return, but... we'll have to see how things turn out when the feathers stop flying.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
And I will ban the next person to swear, you have already been asked to cut it out once.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
I think I've sifted through the salt to find a few gems, here, and will shortly be removing the superfluous positive ratings. Like will remain, as it's more or less internet standard at this point.

I still maintain that I'd like it to return, but... we'll have to see how things turn out when the feathers stop flying.
Don't forget to lock the thread before you leave.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Don't forget to lock the thread before you leave.
And add more fuel to the fire? I'd have locked it hours ago, but it would have actually given the whole "you don't allow dissenting ideas" a leg to stand on. That's genuinely not what I'm trying to do.