Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sorrowlands returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
I gues this will have a possitive effect on the towns in the NK aswell, since most new players made a house in the Sw of Ef

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Joint land? Well depending on the rank players should be able to claim 2+ chunks (might change that to a higher number) and I'm pretty sure they can be claimed next to each other :D.
Don't make this too big or people will just get together and make free towns in the sorrow lands.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Is that such a bad thing?

People have been building in clumps since the dawn of resource worlds, and they'll continue to do so; may as well make them more official and organized so they can actually be considered "towns" instead of "clumps".

Keep in mind that there are more than a few people who live in the resource worlds instead of the NK; I know I spent at least a month, maybe two, in the SW before I eventually joined a town in the NK.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
When it gives them all the securities and use offered by land in the northern kingdom as well as easier access to resources it begins to make the northern kingdom irrelevant.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
When it gives them all the securities and use offered by land in the northern kingdom as well as easier access to resources it begins to make the northern kingdom irrelevant.
Excepting, of course, the NK resets every several months instead of every one. And when the NK goes to another world, the majority of towns go with it. :p

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Actually the resource worlds reset every 3 if that if im not mistaken

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I'll believe that as soon as I see a city as big as any in the NK built in a resource world.

Unlike the resource worlds, the NK does not reset everything; cities can grow and expand in the NK far beyond any resource world counterpart.

EDIT: Sniped.

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
So will I be in danger of getting my head chopped off if I need some cobble or wood for my builds?
Because I think that's what the EF was for, gathering materials in peace instead of having to fear for your life every time you need some coal.
Why is there the need for a PvP world when this is an RP server?

Conan

Loyal Servant of Altera
So will I be in danger of getting my head chopped off if I need some cobble or wood for my builds?
Because I think that's what the EF was for, gathering materials in peace instead of having to fear for your life every time you need some coal.
Why is there the need for a PvP world when this is an RP server?
Basicly if you go there there's a 50% chance of dying.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Basically so people can play bandits which try and mug people, its died off a little since back when the original sorrowlands were around though

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I take it the sorrowlands will be a place where you get paid for every stone-block you mine. Just like the old days?
And besides my question: Thank you sally! We've been waiting for this :heart:

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
How are the Sorrowlands any worse than vanilla Minecraft?

Assuming you claim your plot and set all the flags and stuff, you won't even have to worry about mobs spawning, let alone players.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
As we don't all bother claiming plots and building bases when we just need some supplies. I've never claimed plots in any resource world except once where I claimed the area around a lake I terra formed out of a sand strip mine as I didn't want people touching it, never went there again.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
.... we don't all bother claiming plots and building bases when we just need some supplies.

Neither do I, but I also make sure I gather supplies in regions of resource worlds where I don't see another living soul.

It's not hard to avoid bandits and work safely in a resource world so long as you play your cards right, especially so long as there are /home and /spawn commands available.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
As we don't all bother claiming plots and building bases when we just need some supplies. I've never claimed plots in any resource world except once where I claimed the area around a lake I terra formed out of a sand strip mine as I didn't want people touching it, never went there again.
I enjoyed living at Oak spawn in the old EF. We had quite a nice little village there.

Remember also that mychunk is a donator perk and people get more chunks for higher donation amounts.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
This seems too biased to non-PvPers. If it's that easy to avoid the bandits I recommend /home and / spawn are removed otherwise once you travelled out once and set home you NEVER need to really travel again. Plus if you had to travel back and forth instead of being able to command out need to journey along roads and paths. This will encourage bandits too go old school and charge rolls instead of just murdering. Meaning more RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.