Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sorrowlands returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I don't think you're going to see many issues related to too few people to PvP.

The people who avoid the bandits will do so with or without /home and /spawn; trust me.

And don't think for a second that people will go into hiding; in fact, they're liable to do just the opposite.

What's the first thing you usually see when you enter a resource world?
Player shops.
Then what?
Houses and more shops built around the original shops.

Players naturally congregate at spawn. So long as the area is open and easy to start building in (unlike Protaras in the current SW), you won't see any problems with too few people to pick a fight with.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I recommend grassland or tundra with forests within relatively short range.

If you set spawn within any sort of forested biome, you will see lots of ugly, floating trees.

Scardrac

Felsummer
The spawn will not be allowed to break things in the spawn. Remind you, the floating tree rule is still present.
Floating trees = bad.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Who cares about floating trees in a resource world? If you see one you don't like then just fix it and get some free wood. Resource worlds are designed to be ripped up so the main world can remain gorgeous.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It's about time.

Anyway, this was a decision long overdue. Having a peaceful resource world seems quite pointless with Mychunk available (and there's always the hollows), but don't take that as everyone will be forced to PVP. Mychunk doesn't allow PVP inside claimed chunks, so it would be possible for friends to claim heaps of plots together and build/mine peacefully.

That and there will be more than one safe area. Like mini towns.

Now for the fun part, the rules.

Rules:
  • No using any bugs or glitches to steal or otherwise gain something that you couldn't gain legitimately.
  • If it's not claimed, don't complain if it gets griefed/stolen
  • No 1 block towers
  • No TNT or Lava (... above ground)
Not sure if that is a complete list of rules, might be adding or removing or describing them better.

Anyway, the Southern Wilds and Eastern Frontier will be removed in two weeks. The Sorrows might be coming before they're removed, or after. That's still under consideration.
Does that include TNT used to mine?

JustTooFabulous

Lord of Altera
It would be nice if the spawn was how it used to be, with the little village with the NPC's saying 'We gotta set up a firm foothold in the Sorrowlands!' :D

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
If you place a mountain somewhere and I want to mine it, then its above ground too:p
Don't over-complicate the rules :p
You know perfectly what that meant. You cannot use it above ground, to avoid craters around the world. If you are down in a mine, no one will complain, since you are using it for his purpose.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
I think the that "Towns" in the southern wilds should be Bandit camps and Royalist outposts.. and mining camps. Everything in the Sorrows should also be Raidable for the bandits.

Just an idea, if you want me to destroy this post and pit it in the suggestions thread let me know :)

Spark

Broken
rauyran said:
Who cares about floating trees in a resource world? If you see one you don't like then just fix it and get some free wood. Resource worlds are designed to be ripped up so the main world can remain gorgeous.
I agree 100%

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I think the that "Towns" in the southern wilds should be Bandit camps and Royalist outposts.. and mining camps.
Along with maybe a few "neutral" market towns, I think this is an excellent idea! Not that I think this should be forcibly enforced, but I certainly hope people go along and build with this idea in mind.

Everything in the Sorrows should also be Raidable for the bandits.
I'm going to assume you mean "PvP-able" and not "theivable".
Though I agree with having roads or other "narrowed" points for bandits to toll at, I disagree with making the entire world a free-for-all; I have a feeling we'd lose many new players to rage-quit that way....

How about this as a fitting compromise:
Set PvP to ON as the default flag on player claimed chunks; more than likely, most players won't bother to change the flag, but those who do would still be able to obtain protection.
It'd be like a minor weed-out system of sorts to see who reads the "Everything You Need to Know" pages.

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
Simply grand idea, I passed someone on this thread saying something about how Bandits would PVP randomly, personally I'd prefer to see a consent law placed in so that faulty bandits who do attack at complete random don't go overboard. If you were caught, the two parties, (I'd assume to be bandits and misc. players), would agree on terms to fight and what happens to the victor. I can't get over how much I'd love to see this.

And I believe Oguk was saying something about travel with /home and /spawn, how it shouldn't be used at all. I COMPLETELY agree with this, too many would just skip out on the chance for good, bandit-y RP in my opinion. The upcoming addition of horses and such should encourage traders to seek out customers on more-or-less traveled roads created by players, not just have a box sitting in a corner with players that right click it a few times.

Also, I'm afraid I've forgotten who has posted this as well (I need to grab some quotes x_x), Another player reminded us this is an RP server, not a PVP server. I'd stick to this, though it wouldn't be just an RP server or just a PVP server (which it has never been, from my understanding), simply a mixture of both where RANDOM PVP doesn't occur but staged PVP does (Not meaning scripted *'s, but rather duels that are set up on the spot within a designated arena).
Oh, and pardon my rather big wall of opinions.. x_x

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
Aye.. there is plenty of pvp servers.. also the only pvp's we even should have is a huge war or something.. if done right..

Spark

Broken
PvP is a part of Minecraft. People are here to play the game too, just because this is an RP server doesn't mean it has to be cut out.

Status
Not open for further replies.