Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sorrowlands returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
Never meant to cut it out completely, just thought there should a bit more than,
"Oi, we've got'a passerby. Les' blooded kill 'im." *Instantaneous death by god-enchanted sword*
More of a duel of discussed terms :p

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
Well. Let it become what it will become, then. Simply an idea that would encourage more than
"*Instantaneous death by god-enchanted sword*" :p

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I would prefer the Sorrowlands to be as low maintenance as possible, there's a lot of things we could be doing instead of stalking the pvp line for campers, and enforcing RP when people want to hunt resources and PVP xD.

Darko

Lord of Altera
Yay! Sorrow lands are coming back!!! YAY

I loved it there... Justshadow and I went on a huge huge adventure once... We actually went in a circle.. Embarrassing...

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
haha ^ right, I was just saying, it would be nice, if ye wanna pvp I personally would prefer if there was at least 10 percent Role-play to it.. but without the pvp It wouldn't feel like no law enforcement around area, and the sorrowlands have no law.. well unless a group of bandits create a kingdom and enforce it themselves... but just because the sorrowlands are not maintenanced that much, doesn't make it a free for all in my opinion..

If you dun wanna pvp travel in large groups, you ~might~ win if so..

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
And I believe Oguk was saying something about travel with /home and /spawn, how it shouldn't be used at all. I COMPLETELY agree with this, too many would just skip out on the chance for good, bandit-y RP in my opinion. The upcoming addition of horses and such should encourage traders to seek out customers on more-or-less traveled roads created by players, not just have a box sitting in a corner with players that right click it a few times.
Basically, what Sally just said. Not everyone has time for 'good, bandit-y RP'.

Megadonkey30

Lord of Altera
MD30
MD30
If no one wants a bandit rp then I will purposely become a bandit lord and have bandit rp's with them... just in spite .. >:}

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
About /home and /spawn, put a warmup on them (10 seconds). You're out of combat if you're not attacked or not moving for that period of time, so I don't see a problem why they should be totally removed.

I don't know about those that don't mine, but when I mine, I'm usually 5.000 blocks away from spawn, there's no way I'm going to walk that. Also, doing that would make people stick closer to spawn, therefor totally depleting the first 1.000 blocks from any ores whatsoever. After all, it's a resoucre world, not a pvp world, we still have to keep that in mind.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
By the way, are we going to bring the "Eternal darkness over the Sorrowlands" idea, or have a normal day/night cycle? Please be eternal darkness, please be eternal darkness, please be eternal darkness :p

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
About /home and /spawn, put a warmup on them (10 seconds). You're out of combat if you're not attacked or not moving for that period of time, so I don't see a problem why they should be totally removed.

I don't know about those that don't mine, but when I mine, I'm usually 5.000 blocks away from spawn, there's no way I'm going to walk that. Also, doing that would make people stick closer to spawn, therefor totally depleting the first 1.000 blocks from any ores whatsoever. After all, it's a resoucre world, not a pvp world, we still have to keep that in mind.
Couldn't o' said it better myself, although I don't think /home really needs a warmup. I use it constantly throughout my resource gathering, and it would be a major bother if I had to wait every time. I don't know if it's possible, but perhaps we could put a timer on it just the first time, when going from spawn to your home?

By the way, are we going to bring the "Eternal darkness over the Sorrowlands" idea, or have a normal day/night cycle? Please be eternal darkness, please be eternal darkness, please be eternal darkness :p
Nooooooooo! Please, no. It's a nice idea... but I would die so much. Daytime on the surface is the only time I can be free of the buggers.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Eternal darkness would be a major hassle in a resource world; you'd never be able to grow crops above ground.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Yes, yes; I think you grasp the idea of what I was going for, though.
I'm just trying to point out that vanilla Minecraft is designed to utilize a balanced day/night cycle.

I wouldn't mind having eternal darkness when corruption appears, as it did with the death of the last SW, but it would be best to leave the normal day/night cycle to allow for a more vanilla experience; that's one of the great benefits of the resource worlds, having them as an "escape" world for NK dwellers, isn't it?

Spark

Broken
Lord_Sinclair said:
Yes, yes; I think you grasp the idea of what I was going for, though.
I'm just trying to point out that vanilla Minecraft is designed to utilize a balanced day/night cycle.

I wouldn't mind having eternal darkness when corruption appears, as it did with the death of the last SW, but it would be best to leave the normal day/night cycle to allow for a more vanilla experience; that's one of the great benefits of the resource worlds, having them as an "escape" world for NK dwellers, isn't it?
I think the idea is to gather resouces.... Making it more dangerous by constant mob spawns therefore adding a bit of risk...

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Nooooooooo! Please, no. It's a nice idea... but I would die so much. Daytime on the surface is the only time I can be free of the buggers.
The idea of Eternal darkness would be to add a danger feeling to the land. You can easily escape bandits if we don't have a dynamic map for the Sorrowlands, and add multiple ports to spread out the population.

Also, a invisibility potion on entry / exit works wonderfully.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
I disagree with your constant urge of making the Sorrowlands dangerous. How are the beginners supposed to gather ressources, when they come with nothing on the server, and the Sorrowlands are filled with mobs and bandits? I doubt that anyone would be happy about such a welcoming.
And why should it be made even more dangerous at all? I do not see why the majority of the playerbase has to suffer because of a few PVP lovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.