Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Children of Shalherana

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Caparii and Forest Elves are probably the closest races when it comes to what they're actually like :) It makes sense they'd settle closeby. Those three lakes on the left forest are even called Shalherana's Tears :p

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Caparii and Forest Elves are probably the closest races when it comes to what they're actually like :) It makes sense they'd settle closeby. Those three lakes on the left forest are even called Shalherana's Tears :p
The forest itself is also gorgeous, with a really cool plateau thing in the middle. The lakes are pretty too. Perfect for a Caparii place~

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I just think that caparii culture and forest elf culture are so drastically different that they shouldn't be regarded as "similar" so often

they have different values and beliefs. this is made very obvious with the lore. I mean,

the forest elves are the people of the forest, who are all about living life to the fullest and gleefully prance through the grove. they value love, equality, truth, and honesty.
meanwhile, the caparii are like that was well, all nature-loving and life-living,
but they fight. they fight a lot.

while the elves have a history of... doing elf things, caparii were literally created to do battle. thats in their blood. a caparii not only loves the forest, they'll defend it with their life.
theres so many fundamental differences in culture that are going to arise from that simple difference. so many.

yes, they'r every similar, but the fact is, I don't think we should have two races that are culturally interchangeable basically. I mean, Maelstrom was complaining about people playing moor elves like they were forest elves with black skin, so I think I can complain about people assuming caparii are forest elves with hooves.

I want to emphasize the differences between the cultures. I really don't think they should be so similar ok?
please?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
In no way shape or form have I said that these two completely different races are the exact same. All I suggested was one of the uninhabited forests of the kingdom. If you look at the dynamap, a good portion of the forests have been overtaken by other settlements, so it made logical sense to put it here.

Moor, Silver and Forest Elves are extremely easy to mix up for some players, yet an entirely different race with its own sub-races, not so much.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
In no way shape or form have I said that these two completely different races are the exact same. All I suggested was one of the uninhabited forests of the kingdom. If you look at the dynamap, a good portion of the forests have been overtaken by other settlements, so it made logical sense to put it here.

Moor, Silver and Forest Elves are extremely easy to mix up for some players, yet an entirely different race with its own sub-races, not so much.
I know you didn't mean that. the point im making is putting caparii homeland so close to forest elf homeland implies they have a similar background when they dont.

the problem I feel is that that forest is too close to Tauredal. forest elves are a fairly large group. I can imagine them populating both islands.
meanwhile, there has to be someone living in those jungles on the mainland...
(and theres the temple of Shalherana like right there)

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I just think that caparii culture and forest elf culture are so drastically different that they shouldn't be regarded as "similar" so often

they have different values and beliefs. this is made very obvious with the lore. I mean,

the forest elves are the people of the forest, who are all about living life to the fullest and gleefully prance through the grove. they value love, equality, truth, and honesty.
meanwhile, the caparii are like that was well, all nature-loving and life-living,
but they fight. they fight a lot.

while the elves have a history of... doing elf things, caparii were literally created to do battle. thats in their blood. a caparii not only loves the forest, they'll defend it with their life.
theres so many fundamental differences in culture that are going to arise from that simple difference. so many.

yes, they'r every similar, but the fact is, I don't think we should have two races that are culturally interchangeable basically. I mean, Maelstrom was complaining about people playing moor elves like they were forest elves with black skin, so I think I can complain about people assuming caparii are forest elves with hooves.

I want to emphasize the differences between the cultures. I really don't think they should be so similar ok?
please?
Read the lore again, Forest Elves are incredibly defensive over their territories and woodlands and will do pretty much whatever they feel they need to do in order to protect them. Similar to the Naa'vi in Avatar, they're tribal and ferocious but also reverent of all things nature.

The two aren't culturally interchangeable but I think it's wonderful to have races/cultures that are similar and 'friends' due to their similarities. We have enemies (Elves vs Earthspawn, Dwarves vs Greylings, etc), and I think it adds flavour to have friends. The Caparii and the Elves have been very, very close for as long as I can remember, and I think that makes sense and is in no way a bad thing.

When I wrote the Forest Elf lore I wrote it with that impression, anyhow. I like the idea of Caparii and Forest Elves being kindred spirits, being able to coexist in the same stretches of woodland, trading between tribes, etc. The Forest Peoples :)

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Given the similarities in their languages, it would also make sense that their lands would be close to each other.

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
not you too, Moo...
Just pointing a fact out, everything is up to you guys in the end. Just saying that it's not horrible to have it there. I mean just because I have neighbors doesn't mean that I'm exactly like them. Could just mean that it was a pretty good house.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Eh. I honestly don't see a problem with being near Tauredal.

I do believe it may be a common Caparii interest to have their own forest and protect it with their lives to grow and have a posterity there rather than bunking with the Forest elves. Otherwise I am indifferent to the intertwining (or not) culture.

I just know The Bull's ready to guard this migration.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Hey there, I think Gaby is feeling a bit intimidated and ganged up on. Maybe you folk can tone it down a bit?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Was never my intention in the slightest~
And if she does feel that way I am sorry :D

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I do believe it may be a common Caparii interest to have their own forest and protect it with their lives to grow and have a posterity there rather than bunking with the Forest elves.
THIS

compared to forest elves, caparii have a weak cultural lore. I would prefer the caparii lore to be written independently rather than simply make it a variation on forest elven culture. which is what putting it right next to Tauredal implies

(and maybe i did feel ganged up on ok I'm not about to blame anyone for it it was just discouraging is all ;_; )

lycana

Lord of Altera
Hero
FlyingDingo78900
FlyingDingo78900
Hero
I was looking around for a bit and might have found an area. Lemme know it this area has been taken or not.

I saw a couple places in this are of interest, mainly here

or place in this area

like here.

There could be farmlands in the plains, living places in the forested areas and there is already a river for travel or water if need be.