Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Cursed Plague

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
the old and weak will probably have a higher chance of getting infected, mostly because of their weak immune system. The young, if you are considering children and teens will probably have a high risk of catching it as well. I think open wounds from the infirm will probably make it much easier for the cursed plague to infect them as well
pregnant women are at high risk of getting infected. the unborn child probably won't be able to defend itself, so it will die if the mother catches the disease
This is not a normal plague - the normal rules might not apply. This is why I asked @Michcat in the thread, so people could see the answers.

Be careful about providing answers like this about things that aren't explicitly spelled out in the thread. This is what causes confusion like what happened last night.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
cripes I unwatched this thread-

So what happens after said infection is over? Do they go back to normal after some time or will they have permanent defects like bad hearing or something of the sort?
They'd probably be quite paranoid and/or upset for a while. The way it rips up yer insides can leave internal scarring which leads to bad problems later (trouble eating, trouble.. doing the thing that comes after eating).

Two things:

First, what should people use as "IC day"? The 1:7 ratio that floats about?

Second, how much differently or quickly does this affect at-risk populations? Young, old, weak, infirm, that sort of thing.
Aye, 1:7, if yer kindly. At the very least, ""one RP per 'day"

The young, old, weakened, and crippled/already sick are at a much higher risk to contract the illness, due to how it enters your body through sensitive areas (Almost entirely around mucus/orifice contraction as opposed to a bacteria).
You forgot pregnant women and unborn children. ;-;
Pregnant woman should stay faaaar away! Due to the symptoms of pregnancy, they fall into the 'at-risk' group for contracting this. Unborn children they carry should not be affected by the symptoms of Stage One and Two, given the subject doesn't end up hurting themselves (Lots of potential for falling down...)
The baby should be okay despite the mothers illness. That stuff generally doesn't carry over- However, as I mentioned, the symptoms may end up getting to both of them. Not eating enough, for one..

Raith

Lord of Altera
that one part about the babies was a a bit bad, but the pregnant women being at high risk was not :p

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
I'm just going to hide inside my house for awhile with my babies... I got supplies to last me for awhile. I must protect meh babies

Last edited:

Raith

Lord of Altera
8 people in all are carriers, half are healthy and contagious, the others are sick and contagious. As far as I know there cannot be other immune characters

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Requesting explaination:
What happens if someone dies due to the plague?

Well they are dead but I mean like how does it work out with the sisterhood?
Do they get revived?

If yes - Will they be cured or still suffer from the plague?

If yes - Same stage or stage reduced?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Requesting explaination:
What happens if someone dies due to the plague?

Well they are dead but I mean like how does it work out with the sisterhood?
Already answered-
They are revived uninfected, but able to contract it again (Give a BIT of 'immunity', due to their body fighting it previously )