Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Gone Series - Michael Grant

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
*spoilers*

Does anyone here read this series? It's absolutely amazing and I recommend you try it out!

I started reading Gone when it was the only book released - I remember thinking up answers and outcomes and aftermaths (hehe) and now that Light, the last book, has come out, I was ecstatic to discover who died, what happened to Drake, where Little Pete went etc.

Post your thoughts on those sorts of things and we can DISCUSS.

..I hope someone replies ;-;

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
I remember beginning Gone as well when it was the only book out. I thought the series has been pretty strong all the way through this, although I thought the book before Light, Fear, was slightly weaker than the others though, still enjoyed it though :p. I also hadn't realised Light had come out, as last time I'd checked they'd backdated the release date again. They said February the first time, so now it's time to go pick up my Kindle again

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
Fear was a little bit slower, however I think the tie-in with Sams' fear of the dark was good. Sometimes I try to figure out if the mutations powers have to do with their vulnerabilities, but then I'm like naah, why would Lana be a healer? Why is Sinder, a goth girl, growing veggies? And I decide there's no relevance XD

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Yeah, I see what you mean, I always thought it might be a development of a side of people that we don't see in ourselves that's built into us, in my opinion. I did like the tie-in but thought it was kinda yuck the whole thing, although the execution at the end was good. I thought it ended up being more of a linking book

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
After reading Loght, it definitely becomes defined as a developement book, involving key events and the like, but no major plot twists, except for the barrier going clear and Gaia being born. I loved the ending of Fear, you almost don't want them to leave the FAYZ and face the harsh criticisms of the outside.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
After reading Loght, it definitely becomes defined as a developement book, involving key events and the like, but no major plot twists, except for the barrier going clear and Gaia being born. I loved the ending of Fear, you almost don't want them to leave the FAYZ and face the harsh criticisms of the outside.
Yeah, I have to read Light though now :p

Soccernut13

Lord of Altera
Omg...I saw this this threads title, and I flipped out. The series is amazing, and I am on the fourth book. :p It is brilliantly plotted so far, and my god, Lil'Pete...is awesome.

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
Yes! I do rather like Plague, its very exciting! You're going to have a... Happiness attack or sumthin' when you finish the series!! My friend and I would sit for hooours asking each other questions and trying to figure it all out. I love a book that can do that.

Aeturnumbrae

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm reading Fear ATM, they're really good books, and like fahmersly, I recommend this series or genre. Also I was thinking of posting a thread like this, it could be an event where all the super old people disappear, like 100+

xxSTARNOOBxx

Lord of Altera
Yessss. Finally!
I absolutely LOVE This series, Im on the Fifth book and just cant say how much I love it....
The Academy would be Very Hard, I agree XD

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
(Triple post :p)

Some questions!
1. Whose your favourite character?
2. Least favourite?
3. Which FAYZ mutation would you want?

Me?
1. Er, Edilio. And Patrick :3
2. Penny. Oh so definitely Penny. And Drake. Yeah, those two.
4. I would have to go for the Breeze's super speed. Oh man, it would be so much fun to run like her!

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I read the two first books, Gone and ... Dark forces? was it? I really liked them, but have not gotten around to reading the rest due to the A song of ice and fire books :p