Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ( Possible Mature Content )

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Oh look master crafted armour with +64 armour points. . . Buuuut it's ugly as shite
I always have this problem with every game I play!

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Oh look master crafted armour with +64 armour points. . . Buuuut it's ugly as shite
I always have this problem with every game I play!
Ha Ha.. Reminds me of my epic magic user clothing that boosted my magic stats in Oblivion. Unfortunately it was a bloody apron and I could never find anything that had better stats.

So I had this kick arse female mage running around in an apron.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Oh well that was the main story, now I'm gonna do all side quests and help people. Aaaaaand then wait in despair untill the 2 DLC's are released

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Now that I'm home
to strim, or not to strim?
To strim. Bored, and got twitch working, SO LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT, OKAY?
http://www.twitch.tv/nugets

Edit: stopped for the moment, need foods. prolly start again lator, rawr

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I finally fixed it, I can actually play The Witcher 3. It turns out my driver was outdated and needed to be updated, after doing so and updating it was fixed and the game played!

I am on my first hour, so far I am having fun!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I ran out of food to regen health with in 'Wandering in the Dark' RIP Paint's sanity as he tries to crawl to the end..

Spark

Broken
I've stopped playing for a while, CS:GO has my attention :( I should probably get round to completing it...

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
During last year, I finally had some time to finish The Witcher 1 and 2. After playing both 1 and 2 after each other and seeing the improvements, my expectations were high. Boy, I was not disappointed...
It really was worth playing 1 and 2 before starting on 3. There are so many things, big and small, that go back to the first games it's unreal.
For the first couple of hours (about 200-ish...:oops:) I was completely captivated by the stunning aesthetics, extremely well written story and quests. Some side quests have a bigger and better story than some full games! Even on my mediocre 1st gen, i5 @2.67/3.21 Ghz, 12 GB, GTX 560 Ti, system it looks amazing. I mean, Far Cry 4 looks sweet, but this... WOW!
I tried Skyrim somewhere a while ago, but please Bethesda, focus on the Fall Out series... TES has nothing on The Witcher series.

I always play all games on the easiest setting (or even cheat sometimes), because I usually play them like reading a book; "Just give me the story already! Enough with all the grinding and dying!"
But this one... the depth of the crafting, preparation and tactics even before the fights deserves the hardest "Death March" difficulty setting. I have never -ever- died this much in a game before, but I love it. Once you level a bit, it really isn't that hard at all, it just demands dedication to actually being a Witcher and fighting for your livelihood and life... (I mean, I even started talking and growling like Geralt...) I even wished all of the alchemy and crafting items weighed something to add to the realism. The only bit of grinding there is is trying to find that one item or ingredient for your gear or that special potion.
Each monster has to be fought in its own way, exploiting its weaknesses, avoiding its strengths, taking your time to both prepare and fight them... Forgot to apply your Draconid Oil? Did not imbide your Tawny Owl? Used the wrong sign? Rushed into the fight? That Griffin will take your head home as a trophy...
Have you read your Bestiary?

Go read it.

Now read it again.

Picked the wrong skills to level? You will be so much less effective in your favorite play style. (Thank you Projekt Red for that expensive Potion of Clearance!) Decide on forehand how you want to play and then level accordingly.

Really, try to play it in all its glory and pick one of the harder game modes. This game is deserving of it. If I can do it as a very casual gamer, anyone can.

I love it.

Meet my current Geralt - Bear School Bodejodel- Of Rivia. (Full on attack - physical combat build.)

Geralt.jpg Geralt 2.jpg
(screenshots taken with unplayable settings for prettiness...)

Also, Valonyx , did they cast you as the Emperor of Nilfgaard?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I've just beat Hearts of Stone and all I have to say is this; Fuck that goddamn Toad Prince. I moved onto Blood and Wine and I already know this DLC will destory me, I can't beat the first goddamn Bruxa that appears.

I love and hate this game.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
I've just beat Hearts of Stone and all I have to say is this; Fuck that goddamn Toad Prince. I moved onto Blood and Wine and I already know this DLC will destory me, I can't beat the first goddamn Bruxa that appears.

I love and hate this game.
One of the options for the final boss, dear fucking god was it brutal. Michcat can attest.