Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ( Possible Mature Content )

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
"Oh look at these poor orphans in the swamp with almost no food. Let me loot all their chests and sacks"

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Havent picked it up yet, looks promising even though they severely downgraded the graphics from what they showed us with the first few trailers. Same think happened with Watch Dogs and Dark Souls 2 if I remember correctly.

and no I'm not talking about how the trailers usually look a little bit better. These trailers looked absolutely mindblowing and the game you finally get was rather meh to be honest. As far as graphics go anyways.

EDIT: And not just the trailers, even the early gameplay videos looked five times better than they do now.
You understand that the people who make those early gameplay videos usualy have beast like computers with the best video cards and the have all specs the highest? I recomend doing that, it works for me and it looks just like the early gameplay videos

Spark

Broken
It looks like the early gameplay trailers, yes. I'm currently playing on completely maxed settings at around 60fps and damn son. Tis beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

I can't remember what I'm wearing, got some bounty hunter chestplate thingy that I can't wear for another level but improves my armour by double. I think I'm wearing hunting gloves and boots, cavalry pants, and the armour that you can use the Kaer Morhen armour to make it. Currently level 7.

@Deash12 any tips on where I should be putting my ability points?

Edit: I don't really see much of a difference between the trailers and the actual game. They probably downgraded for a reason and I'm still 100% happy with the graphics. It's beautiful.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
You really dont get it then. Even if you had the best PC out there it'd STILL look waaay inferior to the first gameplay videos. Search "The Know" on Youtube, they made a video discussing about this. Actually, let me link the video for you right here.

Should be the right one.
That channel is the biggest pile of poo ever. Click Bait news articles to grain subscribers to gain revenue. I hate these trendy, NO NEWS, channels who think they know what they are talking about.

The fact is, and even watching that video, the changes are minimal and just people being extremely picky and pedantic. Witcher 3 is gorgerous and I don't quite know any other game that tops it to be honest.

I have it on PS4 and PC. The PC does looks better (and I am sure it would be even better if I had 4k capability) - but the PS4 is pretty incredible too.

The media just love to get hold of these stories and fuel them - it gets them traffic and makes them money! Its a news story bouncing off the back of last years Watchdogs fiasco which deserved it. The Witcher 3 does not and IMO this is a non-story.

Aside from that I am pretty tired of the industry critising a game on its graphics like that is so important to the gameplay. Go play Dwarf Fortress.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
It is a shame that the graphics got downgraded in the end, though my computer barely supports 60fps on semi-high settings so I'm indifferent about it really.

Focus your ability points, it's more effective to put them mainly in one tree than to scatter them. The main place I put my points is in the combat tree, as it improves the crit chance and damage of your basic attacks, which is always helpful. I then put some points into Igni, Quen, and Axii. The first is a good damage dealer against most foes, the second is vital for staying alive in some fights, and Axii reveals more dialogue options.

Additionally there are some misc. traits that are good, I don't know their names but there are a couple that improve vitality and crossbow damage, check 'em out.

Spark

Broken
That channel is the biggest pile of poo ever. Click Bait news articles to grain subscribers to gain revenue. I hate these trendy, NO NEWS, channels who think they know what they are talking about.

The fact is, and even watching that video, the changes are minimal and just people being extremely picky and pedantic. Witcher 3 is gorgerous and I don't quite know any other game that tops it to be honest.

I have it on PS4 and PC. The PC does looks better - but the PS4 is pretty incredible too.

The media just love to get hold of these stories and fuel them - it gets them traffic and makes them money! Its a news story bouncing off the back of the Watchdogs fiasco which deserved it. The Witcher 3 does not.
After reading up on it within the last 10 minutes, from somewhat reliable websites, turns out the trailer that was released in 2013 that everyone is getting their graphics expectations from turns out to be a vertical slice. So, I'm glad the game is how it looks now and can run at a decent frame rate.
Apparently there will be a patch that allows PC users to improve their graphics quality by allowing us to edit .ini files.

I'm sure you remember the days when games only had full motion video trailers before release :p

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
It is a shame that the graphics got downgraded in the end, though my computer barely supports 60fps on semi-high settings so I'm indifferent about it really.

Focus your ability points, it's more effective to put them mainly in one tree than to scatter them. The main place I put my points is in the combat tree, as it improves the crit chance and damage of your basic attacks, which is always helpful. I then put some points into Igni, Quen, and Axii. The first is a good damage dealer against most foes, the second is vital for staying alive in some fights, and Axii reveals more dialogue options.

Additionally there are some misc. traits that are good, I don't know their names but there are a couple that improve vitality and crossbow damage, check 'em out.
Which ability points help me perform better in the brothels?

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I'm sure you remember the days when games only had full motion video trailers before release :p
I am a bit older but I remember a day when you found out about a game by finding it on the shelf of your local computer shop.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
A good quote from a more well respected game site..

"I guess at this point we have to address the graphics, and the ‘downgrade’. Look, another time, another game, I might agree, but if you look at The Witcher 3 and you see anything other than an amazing-looking game, get your eyes checked. Could it have looked better if all development had been focused on the PC? Sure, but to dismiss its graphics because of a few wall textures and fire shaders is – well, you’re that guy on TripAdvisor who gives the Taj Mahal 2 stars because there isn’t a convenient McDonalds nearby.

The game still makes great use of the PC and offers plenty to crank up and outshine the consoles, to say nothing of mods like ENB and supporting 4K. This game looks great. Let nobody tell you otherwise, and certainly not with a casual scribble of ‘no atmosphere’ on a screenshot. Bullshit does this game have no atmosphere, even if it is sunnier than expected."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/29/the-witcher-3-review-pc/

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Igni
IGNI
IIIIGNIIIII
Ahem- Igni

Totally unrelated to Igni. How far is everyone with Gwent, I can only play the northern realms pack because I dont have enough cards to play the others

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
Botchling Quest

About to follow the Baron to the burial site in search of the Botchling. Its dark and raining and a terrific thunderstorm is on the horizon.

I'm scared.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Botchling Quest

About to follow the Baron to the burial site in search of the Botchling. Its dark and raining and a terrific thunderstorm is on the horizon.

I'm scared.
That quest gave me quite some feels, I'll already say this. Prepare for all the feels!

Spark

Broken
Botchling Quest

I'm scared.
I've skipped that one for a while. I spent about 2 hours doing it, failing by miles every time. I didn't prepare enough. Preparation is essential.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I've skipped that one for a while. I spent about 2 hours doing it, failing by miles every time. I didn't prepare enough. Preparation is essential.
At what difficulty do you play?