Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thinking... too modern?

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
but when every other dwarf is married to an elf,
I heard that :p

I think it's great that somebody has brought this up. We do all seem to have a Modern Day mindset when Roleplaying, I mean, I don't want to hate on anybody here so please take no offence but I've seen people who play lesbian characters, now this is alright buut in Medieval Times it was shunned by others and then you see people embrace them with open arms. We definetely have qualities of modern day rather than medieval, I try to spit on every elf I can find, my character has been reluctant to the Nakam from the start and I avoid Greylings and Earthspawn but only one person doing it is just boring :/
We need more conflict in Altera and different mindsets...we need to get into the minds of ourselves

Edit: Also, most my Dwarves have nerfed themselves now, I know Pirate's character hates magic and Freya's has some good parts

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Slayers were fun, but thats ultimately a bad idea in my opinion, because, for whatever reason, having the slayers around made people even more accepting, and even protective, of the other races.

We need all people to get a general sense that they should be more wary/scared/untrustng/disgusted with the other races, not a few people with a strong sense.

Spark

Broken
Legion9191 said:
Slayers were fun, but thats ultimately a bad idea in my opinion, because, for whatever reason, having the slayers around made people even more accepting, and even protective, of the other races.

We need all people to get a general sense that they should be more wary/scared/untrustng/disgusted with the other races, not a few people with a strong sense.
Would have helped if people did this ^ but with the slayers too. Because it would be more of a noble crusade. As well as people taking it OOC made it a lot worse.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I get hated on with my greyling everywhere I go. Mainly because I purposefully annoy people but... still.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
That makes...

*counts on fingers*

If you can remember an instance in which I was present and you were afraid of Tavish, point it out to me, but it seems Matto is one of very few.

Matto225

The White Mage
That makes...

*counts on fingers*

If you can remember an instance in which I was present and you were afraid of Tavish, point it out to me, but it seems Matto is one of very few.
I havent really met Tavish since he burnt half me face off - thats why im so afraid of him XD

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
So does this mean if i walk into the Merry Mead people will fear me more :p

But on a serious note people seem to be generally accepting of me. I can walk around the streets of Port Silver as if I was a human. People have to remember seeing an Earthspawn in hollow world is no less scary then seeing one in real life because you have never seen one before. There is of course those who are fascinated my Earthspawn though, and they wouldn't be as afraid because they understand us. Thats the point, you don't understand us so you are ignorant. I challenge you to be more ignorant!

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
That makes...

*counts on fingers*

The time you all tried to eat Amdir. He hasn't met a demon since, but he'd probably break down. RP-Wise before, none of my characters were scared of any of them because he'd only seen the silly licking side of Tavish, and never the evil one. :p

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Basil was rather accepting of races and very smart, because he was both insane and he spent arguably too much time being scholarly in the Old World.... (Aharlben? Araehalben?)

Nwalme isn't very smart at all. He cannot read, nor can be perform math. Basil only had time to teach him how to fight, use magic and be accepting towards the Nakam. When he first met a Dwarf, he was fascinated with how short they were. He's yet to actually meet a Nakat, or an Earthspawn. At first, he was rather wary of Demons, but after a bit he just assumed Basil was correct, and that they were just strange-looking Humans that were about as powerful as an artfully skilled Pyromagus.

EDIT: Also, Nwalme is only slightly against violence because Basil was so obsessed with it. He'll happily duel you and beat/burn you bloody, but odds are he'd freeze up and all but refuse to kill you.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Basil was rather accepting of races and very smart, because he was both insane and he spent arguably too much time being scholarly in the Old World.... (Aharlben? Araehalben?)

Nwalme isn't very smart at all. He cannot read, nor can be perform math. Basil only had time to teach him how to fight, use magic and be accepting towards the Nakam. When he first met a Dwarf, he was fascinated with how short they were. He's yet to actually meet a Nakat, or an Earthspawn. At first, he was rather wary of Demons, but after a bit he just assumed Basil was correct, and that they were just strange-looking Humans that were about as powerful as an artfully skilled Pyromagus.

EDIT: Also, Nwalme is only slightly against violence because Basil was so obsessed with it. He'll happily duel you and beat/burn you bloody, but odds are he'd freeze up and all but refuse to kill you.
Assuming he could win of course, and given his lack of training or experience, well his chances are less than great.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Oh the gods exist.
They definitely exist.
Its the god part thats in some ways disputable...
I think he is hinting to that there were indeed someone humans looked up to as gods, but maby they were just humans achieving extrordinary things ( for an example people could have looked up to bilworth for his amazing trading skills and luck, and as time passed by he became myth, legend and now people worship him for luck?) Idk, just a theory..

I saw Matyio's explanation a tad too late.. Oh well, worth a shot ^^

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
So does this mean if i walk into the Merry Mead people will fear me more :p

But on a serious note people seem to be generally accepting of me. I can walk around the streets of Port Silver as if I was a human. People have to remember seeing an Earthspawn in hollow world is no less scary then seeing one in real life because you have never seen one before. There is of course those who are fascinated my Earthspawn though, and they wouldn't be as afraid because they understand us. Thats the point, you don't understand us so you are ignorant. I challenge you to be more ignorant!
If you understood the Earthspawn you'd be more worried... Sick minded we are!