Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Too many heroes (and more)

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
He was here for 4 months when he created the thread, that does not count as a newbie I think.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Just putting it out there, Bode has an exemplary character profile for those who might be interested in seeing how it's done. It's humble, and yet detailed, engaging and a very well thought out character... Putting it simply, brilliant.

Now read, my minions! Read! :p

Tarron

Lord of Altera
I agree with you. So do you think the solution is just to force people to somehow limit their character's powers? For example, maybe a Dwarf is an amazing melee fighter but he is not an amazing fighter, strategist, immortal demo-god. Or am I reading this wrong?

matyio

The original mute
As I may or may not have stated earlier in this thread, my idea of a good rp character, is someone who is as enjoyable to be, as they are to be with, for rp purposes. For example my character will often just start playing music in the background of any rps I get into, simply because he likes to play his instrument. He does it so they conversations are still easily audible, and also quite often plays calm music. He's not an epic Demi-god assassin like some people make their characters, his remarkable trait is he can't talk, at all. This makes for loads of interesting rp scenarios.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Good idea for a character, unique, but not so that he is ridiculous. Haven't seen too much crazy characters, but the ones that you can't ever beat in a fight or anything get old. (especially for you all that have been here a while)

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
My char is a good cook, Good singer and flute player andpeople say she looks lke a godess (shes absolutely not one) but she hates hurting fighting and such my char cant be seen as OP

matyio

The original mute
Unless one can be seen as op for playing an instrument my character isn't op. however cause of a special enchantment he put on he could in a state of extreme fear and panic, blow you a couple of feet backwards at the cost of him fainting. Though I doubt he'll ever use it outside of the story. (I made it for dramatic scenes, though its a very bad defence mechanism, more likely to get him killed than allow him to escape.)

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
After reading a bit of this, I think I see what you mean bow. I mean, I think its good to raise awareness of too many heroes and too many op characters, reminds people to tune it down a bit. But I doubt, even if there were rules that people would not become op, its natural, just like traffic, and epically failing when you're trying to show off (or is that just me? :confused: ). Anyways, I'm pretty glad you're posting this, I don't think some people here get it, so I hope I clarified what I read from what I understand...

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
I act OP but its more a farce than it is me actually doing it, I do it to relay my skill and if they want to fight let them, i will most likely lose :p

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
My char is a good cook, Good singer and flute player and people say she looks like a goddess (shes absolutely not one) but she hates hurting fighting and such my char cant be seen as OP
Your char can turn into a dragon and is an assassin.