Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

War Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I dunno, this seems more like luck the way i understand it so far.
Finding flags in HR isnt strategy its just luck.
Hoping whatever demon (admin) you run into decides not to kill you is luck.

The only strategy i saw was the class and team and group restrictions. But hell if i can send em all at the same time ill just have everyone split up individual and sweep the whole city.

If you want this to be strategy based, heres what you need to do.

1. Each team designates a non-combatant commander. (or 2 or 3 if they wish)
2. Each house may have ONLY 8 players/combatants in the field at a given time.
3. The Commanders have a vantage point of a reasonable portion of the city, and command their troops from an elevated position.
4. Commanders choose who reinforces their teams when they die, and what class they will be.
5. Class combinations is up to the discretion of the commanders.
6. Have it so that monsters and demon(admins) spawn and naturally congregate around places that have flags.
7. Give the demon(admins) some secret directives that the commanders can exploit, if they can figure them out first.

Allowing me to send in whoever i want whenever I want negates the effect of dividing people into teams, as pyro said.
The scouting idea still works, and fits nicely with the Commanders idea.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If I change it last minute people are gonna hate me :F..

But will it help if House leaders can choose a vantage point over a certain area of Galo Gulch?

snipero1

Lord of Altera
I think Lonmar should get a flag I was close to the docks with nobody in sight then I got stuck in a world hole and lost the fragment

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Yep, posted a war 2 report thread, feel free to give ideas here or there, I'll check em every-day. Also if you wanna PM me ideas, go for that as well :p. I want to improve this and definitely NOT mess up that badly again >_>...

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
Idea: fighters shouldn't have strength potions. Diamond gear is already putting them way ahead. And archers bows should have like punch I so they are a little more relevant.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Idea: fighters shouldn't have strength potions. Diamond gear is already putting them way ahead. And archers bows should have like punch I so they are a little more relevant.
I don't think our team had strength potions in our warrior chest :p

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
I'm not sure if ours did either, I just noticed it as part of the equipment for fighters in the original post.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I forgot to remove the strength potions last night x_x was up to 12pm arranging everything and fixing the dynmap (cuz it looked baaaad) but yeah, that was my mistake, I'll remove the strength potions.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Had a new idea, tell me if this is awesome or fail:
Make a thread to set up 1 team from every House, dates are set and these houses will visit GG on different days, there will be the same 2-4 demons lurking, and MAYBE a spirit (to be fair, it's more fun when you can pace yourself) teams can bring their own equipment(as long as it follows the rules of no enderpearls) and I'll make sure to test enchanted stuff against the Monsters armour to make sure it's not TOO OP.

Teams will be judged based on how many flags they get in the time limit, considering how large GG is, 30 mins might be appropriate.

It'll kinda be like Castle Corbenic.

Spark

Broken
If it's anything like Castle Corbenic it will never happen ;)

IMO it should be classic CTF, teams have a flag point then they have to capture the enemies and defend their own. This still uses tactics but removes luck from finding flags.

Say theres 4 teams, each has a base that has maybe 2-3 main entrance points to the camp. Then theres the middle, demons lurking in the middle which would be the main travel point so lots of chasing demons etc. But demons can't leave their designated area.(so they don't follow into camps and makes more of a danger zone). classes are kept the same with the exception of archer which gets the thorns enchantment (evening out the classes so it is more effective against melee).

Just my thoughts/ideas

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
Mixing RP and PvP will be hard.
[RP] [Baboon] Duke Player 1:" *Swings his sword* Then shou..."
*Player 2 killed Player 1 wielding a diamond sword.
[OOC] [Baboon] Duke Player 1:"What! I was trying to RP you newbie brute!"
[OOC] [Baboon] Duke Player 2:"It's a war... Man up"
*A OOC war begins*

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I know PVP can't be done with RP(in big groups), I'd just like the scouts or start of it to have RP, or at least provoke RP afterwards.. I can imagine survivors going to their friends and going "I was being chased by a demon, it was right behind me! I managed to get away by-" so on so forth.. it'd be a fun story to tell

Spark

Broken
SallyRose said:
I'd just really like to use Galo Gulch in it D: but I guess if I want it as a proper CTF then I can't..
Im sure out of all of Galo Gulch there might be an appropriate place :)

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I was actually already rping about the first battle. I even had my character's arm injured and talked about it to a few afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.