Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

War Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
also sally, please define what you mean by two teams.

At the current point in time, this is how i understand it:
Each House may put in 8 players at any given time.
Of these 8, a maximum of 4 fighters is allowed, and the rest are unrestricted.
When one dies, the House may replace him with a reinforcement.
When a person dies they are not allowed to return.
Find flags, bring them to the docks.
Thats all.

Also, is it 8 per house? So could Hawklight send 8 and Lonmar send 8 and Arcturus send 8 and Arduin send 8?
Or is it 8 per team, meaning Lonmar/Hawklight together could have 8 at one time and Arcturus/Arduin could have 8 at one time?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Each team is restricted to 4 fighters per team, so mentioned previously, two teams could meet up in the city and have an entire team of fighters if they wanted to >>

Sorry, I must have forgotten to edit the main post. With the scouting team first, there wont be any need to wait to send in teams. But the teams can only be sent into the city after the scouting team returns to their gate. Sure, a house could send everyone in their house in, but with more members, it'd be more risky :p.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with dead players yet, I was considering having 'viewing platforms' to throw them into once they die, but abbey will be filming the event and it'd we awkward to have a heap of floating players lol

and yes, it's pretty much find flags, bring them to the docks, avoid certain death-

So it's a normal day in altera :D

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Salllyyy give me a detailed play by play please!
You still didnt explain definitely what the two team thing is about, and u never answered my second question D:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I have to agree with legion.

I still don't understand how exactly this event is going down.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
It'll be chaos wrapped carefully in with some saucy death and some spicy rage, all nicely mixed in with salad of doom, served on plate of frustration.

Any more info needed?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Ok, x_x Ummm..
The Houses will be sent to their gates, and will need to send in a scouting party approximately 20 minutes before the event. They sneak around Galo Gulch (there should be either no monsters or barely any). Once they find a flag(the scouting party cannot collect the flag at this point, they must return) or demon and hopefully not provoking it or alerting it, they report back to their gates. It's the House Leaders choice of what to do next. Does he send his entire set of teams in at once, or one team by one to split them up and search a wider area?

The scouting team is to put a bit of RP into the war, the rest will be violence stewed in with murder and horror and and.. blood everywhere. I need to emphasize that this is about stealth and strategy, not running in with guns blazing. So learning the ways of Galo Gulch and keeping your team organised is the most important thing.

Test 2 has told me a lot, I need to give the monsters certain areas to patrol and give them slightly less OP gear xD.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Rarrgggg ur not clarifying the one point im asking for XD

Does he send his entire set of teams in at once, or one team by one to split them up and search a wider area?
This part!
As far as im aware, and as far as the thread OP says, I can put in 8 people at one time, and reinforce them when they die.
You keep referencing teams, but ive no idea what you are talking about!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
the teams of 8 players xD. Okay.. um.. @_@...

Okay. Houses can set up teams of 8, they can set up as many teams as they like/as how many players they have available.
I'm not sure if this is the answer you're looking for, but if House B has 27 players, they can make 3 teams, and send the final members as a last resort xD or to join the other teams as reinforcements. These 3 teams will have the option to have 4 fighters in each, so if a house has 4 teams, they can have up to 16 fighters max.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
so you mean to say that its NOT 8 people in at a time? Rather that i have several teams comprised of 8 people, but can have all on the field at once?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well, there wouldn't be a point to bigger houses if I restricted the numbers >_>.. It'd pretty much be welcoming a house entering with just 1 player so everyone else has to abide by them..

Spark

Broken
SallyRose said:
Well, there wouldn't be a point to bigger houses if I restricted the numbers >_>.. It'd pretty much be welcoming a house entering with just 1 player so everyone else has to abide by them..
I meant the second part about them dying fast :p

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I still don't get it.

groups of 8, but they can go in at the same time? what is the point of groups?

only 4 fighters per "team," but "teams could group up and have a full group of 8 fighters?" again this seems to negate any reason for defining a "group" aspect

"If you send in 20+ they'll die pretty fast?" There's been very little discussed on exactly why this is. Generally the best tactic is to stick together, why is this not the case?

The whole scouting thing, and then, "houses could send all their teams in but it's more risky" - does this negate the scouting aspect? Why is more people at one time more risky?

"The game is about stealth and not going in guns blazing" - how is that supported in this event? Wouldn't it be a superior option to race through the maze to find the flags, rather than slowly creeping about?

Maybe I missed something somewhere, I dunno, the rules just don't really make sense to me as stated.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I'm trying to rewrite them to make more sense ._. I know I don't make sense a lot of the times with explaining things.

Lemme explain it this way, it's strategy. Monsters of course would be attracted to large teams, and there's a restriction on fighters because I hate diamond armour and I don't want to see a bunch of diamond sword wielding soldiers just marching about loudly when I expect/want players to explore and be scared.

The first scouting team is sent in to analyse the place and add some RP, you wouldn't go to war without finding out how many soldiers your enemy has, it's common sense/logic. IF the scouting team comes back very successfully and says "We saw # amount of monsters with * type armour, and we spotted a flag in building A and B, also House 3 was seen with their scouts in area A." Then wouldn't the leader stop and think about it? Would he focus on getting the most obvious flags? Would he send a team for each flag or send a team to distract the monsters while others went for the flags? Would he be worried about the other team?

Status
Not open for further replies.