Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

War Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
If we were allowed to form whatever combinations we wanted, full fighter would be one of my last choices.
But thats the point, its better if you let us decide what combo we want, that shows strategic initiative on our parts. What if some team showed up with entirely alchemists, and then proceeded to win the day because they all had health potions and could heal? Sure they werent much for attacking, but theyd be tank.

Thats the kind of options its best for us to have.
Interesting class combinations is a staple of all RTS/FPS that have class restrictions, and for good reason.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
If we were allowed to form whatever combinations we wanted, full fighter would be one of my last choices.
But thats the point, its better if you let us decide what combo we want, that shows strategic initiative on our parts. What if some team showed up with entirely alchemists, and then proceeded to win the day because they all had health potions and could heal? Sure they werent much for attacking, but theyd be tank.

Thats the kind of options its best for us to have.
Interesting class combinations is a staple of all RTS/FPS that have class restrictions, and for good reason.
Very good point. How bout I limit it to 4 Fighters per team and the others can be go all out?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Okay, now I'll have to resist changing anything after that, otherwise there'd be no excuses for not knowing the rules after that xD.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Lol. There is always the option for delaying the game a week.
Id rather wait a week for a polished experience than get it a week early and be told I wasnt allowed to do something I did >_>

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
lol true..

Well I ran a test-battle through Galo Gulch today and it taught me a lot already xD, I'm going to be blocking off most areas we wont need/use with bedrock so players wont get so massively lost. I'll be running another test tomorrow and I'm hoping to learn from the tests to make War 2 better.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Yea, i inspected the town... dear god i never realize how big it was.
My guide, Kvothe, said there were even places he got lost in sometimes.
And he built the dang thing!

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
Yea, i inspected the town... dear god i never realize how big it was.
My guide, Kvothe, said there were even places he got lost in sometimes.
And he built the dang thing!
Yeah, but that part won't be used, I believe.
Please don't take it back a week:(
I cancelled this weekends plans for this!
Please don't postpone it, won't be able to make it next week due to vacation.

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
Everyone can make it apart from me this weekend...Yaaaay...
P.S. No Sarcasm there, nor there either, it's better to has lots of people then only a few

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Oh no, we're not postponing! xD Don't worry. I know that a lot of people will be away next week, I'm actually considering postponing war 3 though..

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
reinforcements would be in the form of a secondary team, so they would only have to abide by the limits of their current team. If team 1 and 2 have 4 fighters and meet up and decide to throw all the fighters into 1 group, then can go for it >> but I suspect the.. spirits around Galo Gulch would like to pick on them.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Just so everyone knows, there'll be a test-run battle in.. about 12 hours? The flags will be in different positions to the main war, so don't worry about cheating :p. It's mostly for learning things about how the game is run. I had a small test run this morning and learnt very quickly that I needed to block house doors lol..

Anyone can join in on the test battle, but I might not supply items this time~

Spark

Broken
12 hours in like, half 12 GMT :/

why would different classes get picked on? It's so limiting to tactics. Don't use fighters because they will be picked on, seems unfair.
It should be even for everyone.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
No I mean if an entire group of 8 fighters gather up.. it's just stupid tactics, and if this war is about strategy, the last thing you want is to get a large group of people with diamond around in the same spot.

Edit: Also I thought it was around 10pm GMT, I've lost track of my timezones..

alright, it'd be 10 (well 9 and 30 mins) hours from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.