Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

War Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I'm presuming that after the event the inquisition will be able to chug along and burn the place down? :3

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
A couple points of clarification:

Are we allowed to kill players in a rival house? The rules mentioned running or stalling but sidestepped the issue of killing. If this is allowed, then what is the stance on gate guarding? (Strictly forbidden, I should hope)

Are any of the provided items enchanted, such as Punch II bows?

Are we allowed to kill False God worshippers? Is it even possible to do so, first off? If it is possible and allowed, are they allowed to respawn, or do they stay dead like the rest of us?

If players on a team die, can other members of the house immediately jump in as replacements or must the team return to their gate first?

Are players able to heal by any means other than the slow, basic method of restoration? Will there be food in the kits to prevent starvation and keep our hunger bars up?

Are the gates safe havens where killing is forbidden even by the False God worshippers?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well this is disappoint, you have removed all ability to plan and prepare based on items. :(
Much less interesting now.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I beg to differ, Legion; this makes it all the more interesting.

By giving all houses the same kits with the same items, houses will have to use more skill and cunning to win. Planning for this battle will focus much more on strategy and tactics than in the last battle, in my opinion.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I'm presuming that after the event the inquisition will be able to chug along and burn the place down? :3
That's a good idea, perhaps the flags are important temple/false god worship idols or tablets and the Church needs them to clense the area :D. You have a huge PVE battle after the event!

A couple points of clarification:

Are we allowed to kill players in a rival house? The rules mentioned running or stalling but sidestepped the issue of killing. If this is allowed, then what is the stance on gate guarding? (Strictly forbidden, I should hope)

Are any of the provided items enchanted, such as Punch II bows?

Are we allowed to kill False God worshippers? Is it even possible to do so, first off? If it is possible and allowed, are they allowed to respawn, or do they stay dead like the rest of us?

If players on a team die, can other members of the house immediately jump in as replacements or must the team return to their gate first?

Are players able to heal by any means other than the slow, basic method of restoration? Will there be food in the kits to prevent starvation and keep our hunger bars up?

Are the gates safe havens where killing is forbidden even by the False God worshippers?
After some long and hard consideration, yes, teams can kill each other, but I'd be more worried about the monsters hunting the players. They might gather faster if a team starts fighting.. *evil laugh*

Teams wont gain anything from going through anothers gate. Maybe we'll have some one-way portals to avoid any colision of camps >>, there's no point to invading or attacking a gate or camp, I think the biggest obstacle/triumpth will be getting a flag to the docks.

No, all items supplied will just be normal equipment, this War is mostly about strategy and how you lead your teams, so power isn't what matters most here.

And yes, you can TRY to kill the false god worshippers, they are going to have some incredibly OP armour and weapons, so I wouldn't suggest it.. but they will be killable. They will respawn with time, but not immediately.

The plan of attack (which I just thought up :D lol) will be that a scouting team from each house will enter Galo Gulch, the teams need to investigate the city RP-wise, this will be done 10-20 minutes before the proper event. So once they find either 1: a worshipper, or 2: a flag (fragment of the false god or something like that), they need to return to their teams. These scouts will be followed by Overseers, they cannot pretend to RP investigate to return faster. Once a team has returned and explained what they found, the leaders can send in Team 1 and 2 to try take the flags.

If we have as big of a turnout as the last war, I suspect there'd be more players than that many teams, but it might have to be a thing figured out on the day. There is more than one entrance, so I might be splitting houses into two groups (or more, always depending on the turnout) towards different gates.

Food will be supplied and alchemists will probably have around 2-3 splash healing potions and 1 regen potion. I'll need to change the details for the classes as well so the leaders of the teams can strategize a lot better :p.

and yes, the gates and docks are the safe areas, they will be marked (with either adminium or obnoxiously bright blocks) so the monsters know not to go there :p.

Spark

Broken
One thing that is bugging me is...why is this getting so complicated? False god worshippers, classes, scouts... It's so controlled and restricted...

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
One thing that is bugging me is...why is this getting so complicated? False god worshippers, classes, scouts... It's so controlled and restricted...
Probably because the Team wants to see Strategics more then in the First battle. ( Plain-out overpowering eachother)
In this situation the House leaders are Forced to think about tactics rather then getting the best armour and weapons possible.
Also: Smaller houses have a bigger chance of winning now... Rather then the huge houses ( Lonmar for example)

Spark

Broken
Neither makes sense. The team that wins should be the team that can use all 3, numbers, preperation and tactics. Not being forced to strict guidelines.

Jeroxia

Good
Neither makes sense. The team that wins should be the team that can use all 3, numbers, preperation and tactics. Not being forced to strict guidelines.
It's Called Fair Play..... And some Houses have huge advantages over the others. They just try to make that difference as small as possible. (Making everything more exiting ( At least that's how I see it))

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
It's Called Fair Play..... And some Houses have huge advantages over the others. They just try to make that difference as small as possible. (Making everything more exiting ( At least that's how I see it))
Fair play... what is this sorcery? GoC was originally modelled of GoT, was there fair play in the GoT? No, just lot's of fun-to-read slaughter and treachery. Maybe making it fair will make it better, either way people are going to agree to disagree and it'll come to the day and it'll be the fun that comes through. I'm not taking any sides here, although I do think if a small house can win against a large house, when one has built after ages and the other has done little, I believe it makes no RP Sense. Just a thought

Spark

Broken
If a house manages to get a huge advantage over another don't they deserve to win? That is kind of the point...

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
What fun are games if they all go down the same way?

Add some strategy in; show which house has more tactical ability. I understand the desire to show which house has more power, but it's likewise important to determine which house has better strategic planning.

Jeroxia

Good

Add some strategy in; show which house has more tactical ability. I understand the desire to show which house has more power, but it's likewise important to determine which house has better strategic planning.
That's Excactly The point i am trying to make! Thanks!

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera

Strategy can be shown with power and is shown through preparation and strategy. Games arn't fun if they all go the same way, but they wouldn't go the same way if the smaller house builds so it can take part.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Strategy can be shown with power and is shown through preparation and strategy. Games arn't fun if they all go the same way, but they wouldn't go the same way if the smaller house builds so it can take part.
The first battle was based purely on numbers and power.

And now it takes a different turn, into strategy. I don't see how both aren't being implemented in the Games as a whole, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.