Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where to Build a Wall [Closed]

Which Wall Would Work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Well, I'll start off by saying that Port Silver isn't the capital, since the fall of the Crown. It's just a server hub, which has yet to be lost. Even if we place down the wall to isolate Port Silver, we can always take back the city afterwards, and repair anything that was damaged. As for your suggestions to name something else the capital, it'll simply not work. The problem is that everyone would want their own place to be the capital, and also that whoever owned the Capital would have inherent power, similar to the former Crown. Although I enjoyed the Crown and was looking forward to the next GoC, it's probably not going to happen again. If we created another Capital, it's just going to be the next target for the corruption. Why don't we stop it while we can, before it gets out of hand?

Our best bet is to stem the spread of corruption in Port Silver. We know that water is a big no no for the corruption, so let's capitalize on that. Build the big wall and then bring a navy in. Evacuate the city and bombard the corruption. We'll lose materials, buildings, but what is that in comparison to the rest of Altera?
I agree it is far safer to keep the corruption in a confined area (Port Silver) than to risk Altera in hopes we can save Port Silver. A city can rebuilt, while altera cannot be.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Well, I'll start off by saying that Port Silver isn't the capital, since the fall of the Crown. It's just a server hub, which has yet to be lost. Even if we place down the wall to isolate Port Silver, we can always take back the city afterwards, and repair anything that was damaged. As for your suggestions to name something else the capital, it'll simply not work. The problem is that everyone would want their own place to be the capital, and also that whoever owned the Capital would have inherent power, similar to the former Crown. Although I enjoyed the Crown and was looking forward to the next GoC, it's probably not going to happen again. If we created another Capital, it's just going to be the next target for the corruption. Why don't we stop it while we can, before it gets out of hand?

Our best bet is to stem the spread of corruption in Port Silver. We know that water is a big no no for the corruption, so let's capitalize on that. Build the big wall and then bring a navy in. Evacuate the city and bombard the corruption. We'll lose materials, buildings, but what is that in comparison to the rest of Altera?
Give me a call when ya need a navy ;)

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
We did? o.o It was explained to me differently.
Who explained it to you? Because they got it wrong.

I'm not sure if the Gods refer to them as different planets, but we've gone to a new world. Altera and the Old World are separate world-spaces.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
We did? o.o It was explained to me differently.
The portals move us to one of a multitude of worlds (most decoys or traps) to buy us time from Grief while she searches for us again. Once she finds a world, we have no choice but to evacuate because she's relentless and the nether portals will never stop opening.

Mad Hatter

All is as it should be.
You say this yet it would create more of a factions thing if the capital is gone. The capital is the only place where random people from completely different places can meet because they are there for a reason. Take the capital away and you have a bunch of people hiding in their homes/towns to be sure that they are protected which spreads the defenses very thin.

If this were real anyway~
Blasphemer! What else would you call this threat, imagined? :p

Mad Hatter

All is as it should be.
I really think we need to focus more on the fact that Corruption and water don't mix. What good are walls that can't keep it out? Wide deep trenches full of water with a naval bombardment for a start. Obliterate the cathedral leaving only water surrounding the Corruption. I will happily volunteer for trench digging duty. :)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Or, and bare with me here, We build wall 3, and have shoreless just flood everything, And all of this is completely Hypothetical with Very little chance of even happening.

For all we know shoreless while in her weakened state from her fight with ashen could be corrupted now. :/
"only the strong elementals remain" What do you guys think?

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
As to the flooding and moats deal...

Isn't the area around Port Silver really rocky (Mountainous area anyone), making it really difficult to dig into the surface enough to make a suitable moat?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
What deters the Corruption is not the presence of water, but how it cannot "grow" over water. It will spread across land, but oceans are a bit trickier. Rivers, Moats, and small lakes probably won't be much of a help...

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
What deters the Corruption is not the presence of water, but how it cannot "grow" over water. It will spread across land, but oceans are a bit trickier. Rivers, Moats, and small lakes probably won't be much of a help...
*Praises the fact that most Dwarven holdings are several continents away*