Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

XBOX ONE

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
A $200 PC isn't going to outclass anything, but I doubt the Xbox will be that cheap.

-K9
It can cost as much to to upgrade your graphics card, plus the possible cost of a new power supply and or RAM as it does to buy one of the current generations of consoles.
I said current generation consoles. Yes the Xbox One will be more expensive. But, it will almost certainly be cheaper then any PC, at the time of it's release, capable of playing the same games with the same level of performance.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
So when is the Steam Box going to be ready?
"Although we do know that the Steam Box will go on sale this year, we don't have a precise release date yet."

Best thing though is it's customizability, and the whole concept. Steam Box will not be a single console, it will be an idea of consoles.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Basically speaking the idea is that any company can buy a license from Valve to produce their own Steam Boxes. The Steam Box shown is the Steam Box Piston which will be the first one. There will be far more which will range in quality and price range built by different companies which will all be designed to be small and fast.
It's a concept of customizable consoles, not a single design for the next seven years.

matyio

The original mute
What did I say? Stop arguing about which one is better, it is personal preference, nothing else. 0.
Actually couldn't they argue after they are released? I mean Microsoft appear to have made some bad design choices which have caused many gamers to basically think "why should I get this" but Sony haven't revealed as much yet. Also for the $200 pc argument, consoles have always been better value for money. Why? Well because you don't have to update them as often as pcs to get the max performance out of them. However in general pcs have a longer lifespan (mine is 7 years old and can still run most games on medium to high) but the lifespan depends on price.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
What did I say? Stop arguing about which one is better, it is personal preference, nothing else. 0.
It's not arguing... I also stated that each console is linked with the other, each matters to how good the other is going to be.

-K9

matyio

The original mute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument

Can you read the title? It specifically says "XBOX ONE" not "XBOX ONE compared to other consoles."
Whoa spark slow down there. In order for this to be a valid discussion there will have to be references to other consoles. For example both ps4 and Xbox one will have new camera technology, however Xbox one requires it whereas ps4 does not. See what I mean? I don't know what k9 put but as long as it related to the Xbox one don't try and yell at him.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Let's see the facts here:

Xbox one is a new age console, with which no one has any experience first hand with as of yet.

We wish to discuss the aspects and rumors of said console, and whether or not it is a viable entertainment investment.

To accurately determine if it's worth it's price tag, it's competition must be taken into account.

Let's discuss the worth of this new console, and let's not keep it a "strictly Xbox" thread until anyone has some first hand experience with the thing :p
For now, most of what we're stating and observing is second hand.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
.... Calm your horses man.

Every time I referenced another console, I did so with links to XboxOne

-K9

Valcust

Lord of Altera
WHY DID NOBODY GET IT.
BECAUSE IT'S AWFUL.
(for now. hopefully Microsoft pulls their head out of their rear-end and gets rid of pre-owned fees. No backwards compatability I can possibly deal with, I just don't want to pay twice for one game >:I)

NiNi

MooCat
Based On the hardware specs, this doesn't look as impressive as it could be. It will be able to at games on high graphics where as of still has ultra.

I won't be getting it anyway as PC has a far better community and better games overall. Did I mention That Xbox games are 40-50 gbp, where pc games are 20 gbp at most usually, of better yet free?!

For those who want it, I hope they don't go minecraft mad and wreck the dashboard again..

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
"But what about all those awesome indie games you've downloaded through Xbox Live Marketplace or the full 360 titles you bought digitally? Those will carry over, right? Nope. It turns out that only music, movies, and TV shows purchased through Xbox Live will follow you to the One."

So Minecraft I downloaded from Xbox arcade will be useless unless i want to buy a 2nd xbox live account to play them with as well as other indie games downloaded.:mad:

On the bright side I'm sure they will be willing to sell me a new copy of Minecraft for the Xbox One....for $30.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just in case you were still thinking of getting one..
..Which no one in their right mind should be ._.
Insufficient data so far to make a decision either way. I think there is reason to be concerned, but some of that may be unfounded. I was outraged at first about the whole used game prohibition. But have come to realize that they are a vile evil perpetuated by the Great Satan, Game Stop and it's spawn.