Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Gift from the Mad Gods

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
Personally I acted as I would if it was me because tbh its a difficult situation.
I hate crowds and even so in minecraft my character does also. It makes me panic and nervous.
I had ran up to the top level of the shrines to be faced with the child who I assumed ran away? As any person faced alone with a child who seemed distressed you remain calm and offer a friendly smile. For Katie it was a helpless child being fought over ~ that made her upset. No child (god or mortal) deserves that. She held her hand out to see if the child would be willing to go somewhere quiet instead. The child did. Until somebody snatched the child away ~ that bothered me.. I dont know anybody who would grab at a child God or mortal... especially if it was made of porcelain which is known to be fragile. Katie just wishes the best and safety for the child now. She did grow rather motherly for visage as most girls did. Its natural for females to feel broody around any young child! this isnt a dig just got really crazy last night and I think a lot of us lost our minds in one way or another~ maybe that was the point ;)

edit: the child imo was very alluring ~ porcelain childlike features and an innocent needing meant it was rather natural for us all to want to protect or mother it.

Either way I loveeed the event!! I am currently drawing my inspired of Visage right now from my POV :)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
So did Visage have eyes, or was it hollow like a dolls would be? I can't quite remember! :(

Like this perhaps?
That was one of the things I detested about some of the peoples actions during the event.

It was a big porcelain doll... That has no mouth, that spawned from /Jiahrim/ in his creepy lil shrine, that said on cold over and over.

Irl, I would have ran out of that room and away as fast as I could yelling nope nope nope all along the way, and of it merely touched me would freak out and probably hyperventilate seeing as I couldn't kill the thing.

Tybalt himself, a lil loud mouthy brat was scared of the thing... He just put people's safety above anything, throwing to push everyone back with Lavoyard, while trying to avoid the doll touching it.

Ali treating the thing like a human irked Me a good bit.... It was a porcelain doll, with no skin, no blood....The goddess of Wisdom said at first not to accept any gifts... Then Silas the god of Knowledge said not to touch it.

Humans (infer all the other races) put the life of this /thing/, above the safety of humanity. The thing... That we could not kill, Theodra could not kill, and Silas said was extremely dangerous.

Might be just the way I am, but I myself wouldn't care about the pain of something that mortal (think of it like an alien since it isn't immortal either) if he knows it had a HIGH chance of becoming very dangerous and out if hand, and possibly kill some folks... As he believes that no way in the world would Jishrim give us this if he thaught we could benefit from it.

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
That was one of the things I detested about some of the peoples actions during the event.

It was a big porcelain doll... That has no mouth, that spawned from /Jiahrim/ in his creepy lil shrine, that said on cold over and over.

Irl, I would have ran out of that room and away as fast as I could yelling nope nope nope all along the way, and of it merely touched me would freak out and probably hyperventilate seeing as I couldn't kill the thing.

Tybalt himself, a lil loud mouthy brat was scared of the thing... He just put people's safety above anything, throwing to push everyone back with Lavoyard, while trying to avoid the doll touching it.

Ali treating the thing like a human irked Me a good bit.... It was a porcelain doll, with no skin, no blood....The goddess of Wisdom said at first not to accept any gifts... Then Silas the god of Knowledge said not to touch it.

Humans (infer all the other races) put the life of this /thing/, above the safety of humanity. The thing... That we could not kill, Theodra could not kill, and Silas said was extremely dangerous.

Might be just the way I am, but I myself wouldn't care about the pain of something that mortal (think of it like an alien since it isn't immortal either) if he knows it had a HIGH chance of becoming very dangerous and out if hand, and possibly kill some folks... As he believes that no way in the world would Jishrim give us this if he thaught we could benefit from it.
yeh but it's a baby

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Highlight of this event was Jishrim not consenting to violence. Made my day.

Also, being someone who runs roleplaying games on occasion, I do appreciate the fact that this event seems designed to be more player driven rather than some events in the past, where the players basically were asked to sit back and watch rather than participate. While it's a bit more chaotic and probably frustrating at times, I think overall this is a good step in the right direction. Big ups to all involved, very interested to see where this goes.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Now, being new to the server, and not having a lot of OOC or IC knowledge of Jishrim, I was still surprised by some of the responses to the kid. The way I understand it, this kid is essentially the avatar of the god of chaos. If fantasy novels/shows/games have taught me anything it's that demon-spawn like that need to be purged immediately, or locked up, or banished and left for the wolves.

People crying "It's just a child that needs a mother!" should be the first victims of its inevitable rise to power, and subsequent reign of terror.

Or who knows, maybe it'll just be a normal kid.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Now, being new to the server, and not having a lot of OOC or IC knowledge of Jishrim, I was still surprised by some of the responses to the kid. The way I understand it, this kid is essentially the avatar of the god of chaos. If fantasy novels/shows/games have taught me anything it's that demon-spawn like that need to be purged immediately, or locked up, or banished and left for the wolves.

People crying "It's just a child that needs a mother!" should be the first victims of its inevitable rise to power, and subsequent reign of terror.

I halfway expect Aracena to be that first victim to its inevitable rise to power. She was Touched by Jishrim and terribly afraid of the Mad God. He'd been plaguing her, hounding her relentlessly, and even tried to get her to come accept the Gift at the Shrine. She resisted, said no, stayed in her seat, and wanted no part of whatever gift he was offering.

But then there was a baby. She was wary, getting close enough to see it, but not close enough to incur the wrath of the armed guards. And as she is currently pregnant, she was hormonal, and all motherly- She followed the procession and watched as the kid was poorly handled and mistreated. Watched how it learned and adapted. Silas said not to touch it, but she was still Marked at the time and she rather disliked Silas. His words were irrelevant to her.

The first time she ever really spoke up was outside the Shrines, suggesting that it be taken to Thiil where it would be surrounded by peace and knowledge. By that time, the tugs on her heartstrings completely overthrew any ties to Jishrim. And then Visage came up to her, holding out his hand for her left one. She just saw a child needing a mother. And so she gave him her hand.

And then he absorbed her super bad, crazy evil Mark of Jishrim. The blackness being absorbed right into his skin.

Nothing bad can come from that. Nothing at all. Nope. All fine here.

All of this to say, yeah. She's one of those "But it's just a child needing it's mother" that will likely see some sort of consequence for that.

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
What I (and also Meridian) thought was that Visage was basicly like Jishrim reborn, without all his craziness and stuff. So Visage was like a blank canvas and the influences of his growing up would paint upon this canvas. When Meridian saw that Visage absorbed Jishrim's mark he was like instantly "Holy shit Jishrim put those marks on people in case this would happen!!! He planned it all" And i also typed this in chat, but nobody seemed to care :(. The event itself though was pretty cool but as previously mentioned when the lavoyardians and the few Marr that were there made that wall, I was really annoyed that the people didn't back of at all... so yeah

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
So this is just my inspired. I don't know exactly what the child looks like - all I know is the SKIN and the general description of Visage.
Until I have more to know, I am keeping it like this :)
Visage.png

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Because teaching Gods how-to-humanity-101 NEVER goes wrong~!
Do not create what you cannot destroy.

alas poor balatro jr.

Is it still with the rangers or has it been taken by silas already?
You guys got an IRL week, there'll be some work to ensure its on at times spanning all timezones :D
People need to know their place, other's places, and the places of Gods. The manner with which the playerbase just ran around throwing the ?spawn? of a diety like if it was a football sickened me. I mean, what do you guys think would happen if Jesus came back to life and the pope started to punch him around? Have some goddamn respect, mortals!
if I'm gonna be honest here that was kinda hilarious, and DEFINITELY went down on dat notelist thats gonna decide something veery big.

Highlight of this event was Jishrim not consenting to violence. Made my day.

Also, being someone who runs roleplaying games on occasion, I do appreciate the fact that this event seems designed to be more player driven rather than some events in the past, where the players basically were asked to sit back and watch rather than participate. While it's a bit more chaotic and probably frustrating at times, I think overall this is a good step in the right direction. Big ups to all involved, very interested to see where this goes.
I ask for reviews for a reason c:

Do not create what you cannot destroy.

What I (and also Meridian) thought was that Visage was basicly like Jishrim reborn, without all his craziness and stuff. So Visage was like a blank canvas and the influences of his growing up would paint upon this canvas. When Meridian saw that Visage absorbed Jishrim's mark he was like instantly "Holy shit Jishrim put those marks on people in case this would happen!!! He planned it all" And i also typed this in chat, but nobody seemed to care :(. The event itself though was pretty cool but as previously mentioned when the lavoyardians and the few Marr that were there made that wall, I was really annoyed that the people didn't back of at all... so yeah
More people should listen to your character ^^

So this is just my inspired. I don't know exactly what the child looks like - all I know is the SKIN and the general description of Visage.
Until I have more to know, I am keeping it like this :)
View attachment 56769

Oh wow, thats amazing!!! Thank you so much :D