Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Broken Moon

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
So... let me get this straight, Magick is not allowed for people who have magick e.g. use it. "Magnus" all schools are currently blocked except for those who follow queen greif because they get their magick through her. And on top of that the moon is broken...

But vanilla magick works enchantment tables and such?
And this will last until the new lore is implemented, when magick is re allowed?

I will now post two questions and my response to the current situation.

Q1 Will you be allowed to retain your previous magickal ability? This makes sense beacuase of peoples time put into learning it and the wait for permission, or will you have to re-learn everything, being what was a 6th echeon, i hope it all just doesn't go. "poof" bye bye.

Q2 Any idea when the new lore will be implemented? i hope this thing isn't too long, i miss my magick...all of us do.

And now, my reaction to the magick shut down.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Q1: Multiple motivations here, let me go over them:

A)I have been given a cap, like the special races, on the number of magic users. There are definitely substantially more people using magic than the cap allows. As there is no fair way for me to get to know every character well enough to determine which get to stay, the only fair thing to do is retest everyone. That being said, I am not enforcing a hard cap. I'm merely making getting magic roughly hard enough that we should come in approximately on-cap. If enough people pass to go over, I'm not going to stop them.

B) Most people have misunderstood some part of the magic lore at some point, again, the only fair way to ensure everyone 'gets it' is a full reset.

C) Magic's been nerfed and altered in general, which means that most of the old standards are invalid. Again, leading me to have to clean house.

Q2: It's done, dusted, and IN. Solve the event and things shalt progress. I shall release periodic, more potent clues via the forums and in-game happenings the longer it takes. Note that the people that figure things out first are likely to get a head start on getting magic.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I originally did my best to distribute [REDACTED] across as much of a time zone difference as possible, but other things have compromised that intent a bit.

As such, I'm keeping record of all in-game events relating to this and propagating them to the forums as well.

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
maybe like a conversation that you invite ex-magick users to or something? (p.s. from your earlier posts i'm getting the message that people have been taking magick for granted and that's why it's no longer working)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
There are so many former magic users I've been completely unable to track them all, some still using things more than a year old.

If people are interested in obtaining it, they'll have to put in a lot more effort than just following a thread.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Will each race get atleast -one- magic user? The greylings are quite inwards, and I know I'd really like atleast one mage within the Greylings... Of course, if this is not so, I will try extremely hard to be able to use magic anyway.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
If people are interested in obtaining it, they'll have to put in a lot more effort than just following a thread.
So are we to assume that there will be some sort of new application process to be released soon? Or will this be much more RP oriented?

duncaniax

Lord of Altera
Personally it should be a balanced mixture of the two, application for permission to learn (reclaim) magick and track said users, and rp to learn it.