Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Football (Soccer)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Football is the worst sport out there.
I'm sorry to say that, but let's face it, it is the most corrupt sport, the most cheated sport, the worst thought out sport (Honestly, they don't even use cameras to double check things! T_T), and if you were to meet a professional footballer and poke him, he'd probably fall to the ground crying that he broke an arm or something. How can you watch that sort of thing! T_T

On a side note, even if I liked football, I wouldn't watch it because my country's team, Poland, is absolutely crap :/
Yes, Football is corrupt, but that doesn't make it the worst sport. Football has a huge, worldwide fanbase, national teams based in almost every country and has one of the biggest financial frames of any recreational activity in the world.

There are a lot of campaigns into getting cameras into the sport to check things, but the higher ups of the sport feel it is "detracting from the traditional feel of the game". However with the number of blunders refs have made over the past few years there aren't that many arguments against things.

A lot of footballers act, especially the professionals, and i'll tell you why, it gets them decisions. When you are watching on TV it is pretty easy to see whether someone is acting or not, but standing a good 50 yards away it's pretty damn hard to tell. The Footballers themselves arent necessarily fragile, they just pretend to be to give their team an (unfair) advantage.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
State a sport that you consider to be better and I can promise you I will nitpick it far harder than you did football. :p

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I don't really watch sports in general, but if you want a good team based example I'd say it's Rugby.
Obviously, Rugby worldwide is not given much attention but there is very little field you can cheat in. Acting is seriously useless, cameras are used as much as they can and the sport is generally fun. As a matter of fact, rugby is, surprisingly enough, one of the safest sports, which surprised me too :eek:
As I said, I don't really watch any sports, but football is probably at the very bottom of my list of sports...... except maybe circket... which I completely don't understand

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
:confused: Dangnabit... I ain't understan' these.. sports...
I must be to... American?

And fencing is better!! Even crew.. Because.. I don't favor running? :confused:

Architect360

Loyal Servant of Altera
What? No arsenal supporters!! Come on Lads! I've been saying for many years now "Arsenal will win". Well, this is the Gooner's year! Woohoo! And, by the way, I began to support them they year BEFORE the Invincibles season

Architect360

Loyal Servant of Altera
I don't really watch sports in general, but if you want a good team based example I'd say it's Rugby.
Obviously, Rugby worldwide is not given much attention but there is very little field you can cheat in. Acting is seriously useless, cameras are used as much as they can and the sport is generally fun. As a matter of fact, rugby is, surprisingly enough, one of the safest sports, which surprised me too :eek:
As I said, I don't really watch any sports, but football is probably at the very bottom of my list of sports...... except maybe circket... which I completely don't understand
I am an AVID rugby player and supporter, so let me say, I know by experience: It is an amazing sport. It does help that I support Leinster(I live in Dublin), who have won 3 Heineken Cups in the last 4 years. Also, let me tell you, whilst football can be a slow game, rugby never is. I Decree Everyone To Watch Leinster Play Clermont Auvergne. December 9th and 15th. Watch! And See Real Rugby!

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Football is the worst sport out there.
I'm sorry to say that, but let's face it, it is the most corrupt sport, the most cheated sport, the worst thought out sport (Honestly, they don't even use cameras to double check things! T_T), and if you were to meet a professional footballer and poke him, he'd probably fall to the ground crying that he broke an arm or something. How can you watch that sort of thing! T_T

On a side note, even if I liked football, I wouldn't watch it because my country's team, Poland, is absolutely crap :/
I agree it are all big babys the professionals

T

Th3RealLegend

If someone ever says that it isn't football, and its soccer, he must be threwn to a fire pit.

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
I actually have to say thT though we now originally call it football now, it was actually originally called soccer by te British (I'm a Brit)
Don't argue me back, I know that as a fact

T

Th3RealLegend

I actually have to say thT though we now originally call it football now, it was actually originally called soccer by te British (I'm a Brit)
Don't argue me back, I know that as a fact
Nope.avi

Edward1878

Lord of Altera
I know it was called soccer orriganly, I agree football is the better name and is a lot better, but I'm not saying this because of USA, I am British, show me Evidence to deny my point, because you won't be able to