Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Repost since Cherry was quicker in responding than my ninja edits.

In addition are we able to say Griffons reside in a general area like any other animal so long as it fits the environment? Or do we need staff approval for that? Cause I have some awesome cliffs on the big island near Arget I'd love to have some lion birds living in.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
In addition are we able to say Griffons reside in a general area like any other animal so long as it fits the environment? Or do we need staff approval for that? Cause I have some awesome cliffs on the big island near Arget I'd love to have some lion birds living in.
The locations will unfortunately be staff-decided, since otherwise demand would far, far outweigh supply. Within reason, you can determine the mundane creatures and plants in and close to your regions, but the fantastical ones are at staff discretion.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
The locations will unfortunately be staff-decided, since otherwise demand would far, far outweigh supply. Within reason, you can determine the mundane creatures and plants in and close to your regions, but the fantastical ones are at staff discretion.
Can I get clarification as to what fantastical creatures are existent on our new continent?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Can I get clarification as to what fantastical creatures are existent on our new continent?
Cherry said:
'the aim is to keep a degree of mystery about them for a while'
'give people a chance to actually investigate, hypothesise, or attempt to interact with the creatures before we give a big official notice on them'

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Will update the FAQ post later today with the new questions and a link to the updated Redstone lore to address the redstone question in the original FAQ.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Are Drop Bears considered mundane or fantastical for the purpose of including them in my region?
Drop bears are a deadly serious threat to life on Altera, and I wouldn't even think about putting a region where you know they happen to be nesting.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Is copper still evenly atomized in the New World or will we have copper ore?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Is copper still evenly atomized in the New World or will we have copper ore?
I'm just guessing, but I don't imagine the reason copper was removed in the first place has changed. So likely that it'll still be unavailable
Just my guess though

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
I want to ask a question about some terms. We say things like Achilles Heel and Tendon, Stockholm Syndrome, Nuremberg Defense and some other terms that use names in the real world. So what would be the equivalents to these things in the Hollow World universe?