Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Old World] Tambry-Upon-Tam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Due to reports of banditry and thievery in the sewers, we have brought on Sisarno as the Captain of the Guard. Hopefully he will restore peace to a trouble area.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
IGN: GLaDOS101
Server Application: god I don't know how to find this it's been so long
Character Sheet: Sisarno doesn't have one just yet.
Desired Residency Classification: Full-time!
Do you own/lease property in Tambry?: I will in the future I believe.
Do you wish to own/lease property in Tambry?: Perhaps one day!

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
For some reason the shaders during the daytime is too big for the forums to handle....and i did those in SEUS Shaderpack

For some reason the shaders during the daytime is too big for the forums to handle....and i did those in SEUS Shaderpack
Thank you so much Tybalt for taking these. It looks great!

I recommend getting an imgur and uploading them there. :)

Right... I'm having trouble remembering all that's happened since my last update, but:

Buildings added:
Zermanion's Shop and House
APS
Jedoki's Fish Shop and House
Bardin's Blacksmith and House

New Workers/Residents
@Ozonepheonix Brewer
@Sakyra Brewer's Apprentice
@Bardin Blacksmith + Chevalier(pending approval)
@Curonious Chevalier(pending approval)

New BuildingsSeveral market stalls on the bridge
Nothing major completed within the last couple days thanks to oak log shortage. Currently under construction: capitol, chevalier tower, graveyard, more houses.

RP ActivityTambry-Upon-Tam has seen increased RP activity these past few days. It could be the novelty of being something new, or it could be that people are taking genuine interest in the city. Whatever it is, there's been a lot of interesting stuff going on, including the town's first RP death, Patsy. RIP Patsy.

Tavern UpdateWe've named our tavern "The Honey Badger." It was previously and temporarily called "The Broken Drum." If you referred to the tavern as that name, I kindly ask that you switch over to the new, permanent name and redact or excusify your previous usage.

Also, our brewers are hard at work brewing wonderful drinks for you all to consume. We will be selling them via villager shops by the bar.

OOC ReceptionPeople have been recommending Tambry as a place to RP that isn't "dead". Market activity is up, and there's a already been a couple price wars. On the other hand, people are buying and selling goods here and market stalls are being snatched up quickly!

Tambry came up in ooc chat several times today, and we've received a couple compliments for our hard work. So much of that credit should actually go to @oounstopabl3oo, @Patsy, and the many contributors and property owners who believed in our vision and funded the tremendous growth and expansion of our city. We have our eyes on projects that we thought would be months away...

My NotesIt means so much to me that you all would be so supportive. I've designed Tambry to be an RP rich town that doubles as a neutral trade center and you guys are turning the concept into a reality. A couple people have asked me if I or my character plans to profit from Tambry. I've sunk about 500,000 radiants into this project. I don't think it would be a smart investment to make an entire town on the hopes of profiting off of a few chest shops. As you'll notice, I don't even have a chestshop. Actually, I don't even have a house in Tambry yet... I should probably get on that...

Some of you might also see that I've changed my trusty "merchant" tag. Honestly, I have not had time to gather things to sell or actively participate in trade/barter. Truth be told, I am not in a position where I can gather materials and help build Tambry while simultaneously managing property, roleplaying, and running a shop. It's a ton of work, and I have a lot of respect for people who can pull this off.

I am still keeping track of deals as best I can and I still get asked questions about the economy almost daily. I'm actually happier serving in this makeshift advisory role while we build and run Tambry.

Final thought: I love how people call it Tambry-Upon-Tam.

Ozonepheonix

Lord of Altera
Sakyra isn't my apprentice yet, still working out how much I need to do and how much profit I'll be making from it. If I decide I need her help, I'll officially hire her IC, but until then, my character has no relation to her.

Anyways, real happy to finally be brewin' for real, and for the nicest tavern in the land, too! I'll make sure I crank out some mind blowing drinks for you all!

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Sakyra isn't my apprentice yet, still working out how much I need to do and how much profit I'll be making from it. If I decide I need her help, I'll officially hire her IC, but until then, my character has no relation to her.

Anyways, real happy to finally be brewin' for real, and for the nicest tavern in the land, too! I'll make sure I crank out some mind blowing drinks for you all!
*is already hiring her onboard the Azerport Train*

redbear

I think I might like it here
Love this Town. Fendel My the Caparii lives in Lydel, but is opening an Alchemy shop with the help of certain 'wealthy investors'. He is also on the waiting list to actually learn some Alchemy in Thiil, because to date he hasn't got a clue what it is really all about.

Suggestion: As I lived in the medieval town of Sighisoara (Transylvania,Romania) for 13 years, I am very familiar with clock towers.. ((big feature there))
I can't check at the moment.. but does Tambry have a wondeful clock tower? I think it would be a nice touch.
(UPDATE: ok.. just found pics of Tambry (even thought I've walked around it enough times. Has a lovely Clocktower.. these guys think of everything!!)

R.I.P. Patsy

Last edited:

Ozonepheonix

Lord of Altera
Woah! Had some major traffic this evening in The Honey Badger this evening, had to RP serve 3/4 customers at once, real chaotic and fun, seems I owe Bimhe/Morgan a bit of money now! If it gets that busy again, I definitely need to consider hiring an apprentice.
Also, Bimhe/Morgan, there's definitely a need for behind-bar storage, kept having to run back and forth for drinks (Didn't know there was such a high demand for tea! Glad I made some earlier).

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Also, Bimhe/Morgan, there's definitely a need for behind-bar storage, kept having to run back and forth for drinks (Didn't know there was such a high demand for tea! Glad I made some earlier).
There are two other chests under the counters in the same type of placement as the chest shop, however I think two are used. I'll add some more under the counter proper. Also, I'm going to be building some basement storage for more long-term storage.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Update, added two double chests to the Bar. One at either end, built into the floors. That should give you plenty of space.

Ozonepheonix

Lord of Altera
Just so y'all know, I won't be online for a few more days, since it's christmas and all. After christmas I'm going on vacation to Cali so at most I might be on for a few hours in the evening.
Btw, I'm also working on a business thread for the brewery/tavern, pm me if you're interested in my progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.