Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Old World] Tambry-Upon-Tam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
I will have reduced activity aswell ;w; It might disappear throughoutly from the 28th till the 5th.
Edit: Frick. From the many likes, I suddenly realised.. This isn't the absence thread.. .. Ahehee..

Last edited:

The walls are down and construction has begun on some new projects. I will also be completely reworking all the Tambry threads to reflect changes.

Just a reminder: Tambry is an incompleted city that has been forced to progress faster than we can build it. The town is open for limited RP, and we've sold property for people to open shops and the like in order to develop more quickly. If you want to help us progress toward our goals faster, you are welcome to donate your time to help us build, radiants to help us buy plots, or supplies to make sure we can continue to build at pace. You can also buy property to help us, as we've put all of our earnings back into the town.

As our capitol building is still not finished, we do not wish to participate in any sort of political RP.

I'm also very disappointed OOC'ly in how various groups across the board reacted to bandits living in our undercity. There were several assumptions and negative reactions made.

1) "IC'ly Morgan and the bandits have some sort of agreement." This simply isn't true. What is true is that I, Antilogy, helped start the thieves guild by funding them with OOC money. They, along with the Blood Serpents, chose to make residence in Tambry when they found out we are open to allowing banditry in the sewers and of our plans of a black market in the undercity. I did not participate in any activities, nor have I done much more than traded with them. We aren't "harboring" them. They existed in the sewers because they wanted to exist in our sewers.

2) "The bandits should be eradicated from Tambry, even at the expensive of Tambry itself." Folks, bad guys deserve a place to RP, too. We decided to build a place for bandits precisely for this reason. We wanted to give them a centralized location where they could play and RP could progress beyond "Let's destroy Tambry in order to eradicate them." Now, these groups have been forced to the fringes of the map, where they don't get to participate in RP nearly as much, and frankly I can see how that would be disappointing. I OOCly would like nothing more than to find that the Snakes and the Thieves have returned to Tambry, along with any other bad characters, and I don't think it's right to go on witch hunts to destroy them unless your character has reason to have a personal grievance.

If it means I have to declare all of Tambry moderate to get these groups to return, I would, but I'd rather not do that. As I said before, people should get to RP bad characters if they want to.

It doesn't make sense. People have been asking for bandits and thieves and bad guys for months, yet as soon as they exist and start to thrive you all insist on destroying them.

I placed signs outside every building listing prices, which range from 250 radiants to 10,000 radiants. We are undergoing massive expansion and could really use some money, so a lot of our prices are a tad lower than they were when we first built the buildings.

Come buy the shops for OOC or RP purpose and help us fund our expansions!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Balatro Is a full time resident. He lives in the middle class area with Adiella.

Also there is the black market in the sewers. (However it is blocked up at present)

I updated the main and second post. I'll still be toying with it a bit, but I'll leave it for now. This will give people an idea of where we are now and what we're looking to do.

Buildings that are unmarked on the map are for sale (I'll be making a list for each one, don't worry).

Also, if you are a property owner and I forgot to list your building, please let me know and I'll add it.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Morgan would receive a note from Roran Campion, under his alias name he used to acquire the shop, that would state that he is no longer using the "Better in Leatherworks" shop and is free to be taken by the town and resold.

Last edited:

Morgan would receive a note from Roran Campion under his alias name he used to acquire the shop that would state that he is no longer using the "Better in Leatherworks" shop and is free to be taken by the town and resold.
Morgan would receive the letter and acknowledge it, desiring to honor the intent of the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.