Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Omentie of Linyenwa

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
The Elves have spoken.

By the power of the Directive, handed down by the previous Queen of the Elves over two thousand years ago, the moot has been solved and a purpose declared.

The Elves stand united once more in the face of darkness and war. Their unity shall weather all storms that come upon them.

A Council has been called for, and the members shall be elected in exactly one week. One Moor, one Silver, one Forest.

The Elves are united.​

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Now, onto the exciting part-

We're electing a council member from every race. There are some rules in regards to voting:

You may only vote once per elven character.
You must only vote for the corresponding sub-race of your own elven character (A Forest Elf may only vote for a Forest Elf).

In order to be selected as a candidate, it was agreed by general consensus that a character wishing to be in the election must have no prior political engagements (such as Anhald, Marr or any other political nation/party/organization).
If you wish your character to be considered, simply reply to this thread with their character name and race and I shall add your name to the list (See the original post)

YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR NAME. VOTING RESULTS REVEALED PLACE NEXT SATURDAY.

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Check the original post, a new event in this mini-campaign has been added!

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Reminder: Users have until the end of Tuesday (BST at midnight) to submit their names for candidacy~!

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
YOU HAVE THREE DAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR NAME. VOTING TAKES PLACE NEXT SATURDAY.
OOCly? What's the representation IC of this? And the voting? Randoms submitting random names in a hat? Am confuse.

Would be interested in serving on an elven council (not that anyone wants me to~), but probably not, by the looks of it, this one. In part, due to this:

In order to be selected as a candidate, it was agreed by general consensus that a character wishing to be in the election must have no prior political engagements (such as Anhald, Marr or any other political nation/party/organization).
Even if said organization is by creed neutral and historically has a place on the Tauredal Council (not the same thing, I know, but more about that in a sec). Also, you're going to have a haaard time getting people who are unaffiliated in any way. And what of those who are aligned with Tauredal, do they count, or does T-dal get a pass? I'm also concerned that an elven council of this sort is sort of lore-breaky, at least for Forest Elves, who basically aren't so much about central leadership (Som, for instance, would laugh at the idea of some random council she's never heard of - and might possibly be composed of people she thinks exemplify the worst mankind has to offer - trying to speak for her or influence her life... at all). They're about local things and local concerns. Not wider racial ones, generally speaking. Now, I am ALL FOR you trying to get Tauredal to be a place for the elves again, even if it does expand to more than just le forest elves like it usually has been, but perhaps it would be better to say that this council will speak for Tauredal, not all elves. But then you run into the issue of the fact that some of these individuals being nominated aren't of, nor are likely to move to, Tauredal. I would probably instead recommend that the council be... more than three people, and you be a bit less... erm... restrictive over who can be nominated.

Sorry if I'm being all negative nancy, had a long day. Saw your census thread first, then came here, and am.. I dunno, I am probably taking it not how you intend, but am still grumbly about it. Perhaps it's because there's still a Ranger Hall in T-dal and I'd hate to give that up. Perhaps it's because I'm tired of all these people trying to become rulers of this and dictate that. Wars and Inquisitions and freakin' Elven Councils and grrrrr. And maybe it's because Som is so far out in the back end of nowhere, or because I look through a list comprised of people that Som... well, has issues with. These are the people who you're asking for me to OOCly vote for to rule over my IC character? What? No thanks.

If, however, you are looking for a council that will help represent the interests of all elves, perhaps look into representatives from different communities. Elves in Thiil? Have a council representative. Elves in Marr? Council representative. This would be a lot more equitable, I feel, and possibly be more like what you're going for. Hell, if you're really ambitious, you could find different organizations that seem to align with various elventhings (Scholars Guild, maybeMagiordifferentdisciplinesifthereareeveranyelvenonesIhavenoidea, stuff like that - and yeah, probably Rangers would make sense in that group, too, but whatever, no skin off my back~) and have representatives from THOSE. I feel like you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to buy into this that either a) wasn't at that first moot, b) doesn't live in Tauredal, or c) is an elf, but has a "prior political engagement."

I will, however, go fill out your census.

Bring the hate. Bring it.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
ALSO

Stop using Tolkien's Elvish for HW Elvish. NOT THE SAME THING.

Landem

Lord of Altera
I thought that if you're trying to be a member of the council, leaving where you lived and removing all previous affiliation with other organisations was part of the deal. And moving to Tauredal would likely be part of that too. That's what was decided in-character, right?

I assumed that voting was IC too, because Jstar's said above that each character can vote only once. But hey, please correct me if I'm wrong! c:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I thought that if you're trying to be a member of the council, leaving where you lived and removing all previous affiliation with other organisations was part of the deal. And moving to Tauredal would likely be part of that too. That's what was decided in-character, right?

I assumed that voting was IC too, because Jstar's said above that each character can vote only once. But hey, please correct me if I'm wrong! c:
So it's really not uniting the elves.