Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Omentie of Linyenwa

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Okay ladies and gentlemen, voting will commence for the members of the Council of Elves in approximately eleven hours times.
In light of the comments made on this thread and after some self-reflection, I have devised a relatively meta-proof way for people to vote IC.

Now, in order to submit a vote, players will have to find a book and quill. Within said book, they will have to write the following:

1st line: Who they're voting for

2nd line: Their character's full name

3rd line: In brackets, their forum name and their account name

Players should then sign the book as they would normally. After you have done that however, you should use the /book rpsign command while holding the relevant book. The book should then have your current nickname on the book above your player name when you hover over it in your inventory. Players will then have to take the book and deposit it in the correct booth in Ilirea.

Players are reminded that you can only vote once per character and a character can only vote for their own sub-race candidate (Forest Elves can only vote for the Forest Elven Council Member, for example). Candidates cannot vote for themselves. If a player wishes to vote, the voting character should be on the Elven Census (you can register to be on the census at any-time). If you wish to have another character vote, simply change your nickname and sign another book using the above methods. Please make sure to deposit the book in the correct booth.

You can get to Ilirea easily from any Dockmaster. If you have any issues or questions, let me know!

2015-10-10_01.13.53.png 2015-10-10_01.10.45.png

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Before someone accuses me of padding the Silver Elf vote however I like with my perma child Silver Elf character, she's too young and won't be voting. It doesn't make sense if she votes.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Before someone accuses me of padding the Silver Elf vote however I like with my perma child Silver Elf character, she's too young and won't be voting. It doesn't make sense if she votes.
That should also go without saying-

Don't vote if it doesn't make sense for your character to do so.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Look, um...

Maybe you should publicize this more before voting. Find out different candidates, spread it around a bit, try and include more of the 'elven' population. You don't have to be online 24/7, you can set up times OOCly to rp or exchange letters with other characters or get some volunteers to help you centralize everything.

I think there REALLY needs to be a lot more people involved in this entire endeavor - or your 'council' could end up being a mini faction supported by a very specific set of elves and stands a large chance of flopping. I don't wanna see this flop D:

A lot of fun an excellent RP can come from something like this. Whats the harm in generating some more RP before the big stuff happens, especially if it'll avoid conflicts of interest?

Edit: I mean, don't get me wrong- I love the idea and I'm only suggesting more organization because I'd like to see it last (or "succeed", in the sense that it creates wonderful RP dramas - not in the sense that anything 'wins').

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
No but that's my problem- the voting is OOC. You've got people nominated that weren't at this meeting, and that weakens the whole thing. If you do it IC, fine. But you're not.
I am very sorry if my OOC nomination weakened the legitimacy of these events. I had zero intent in causing other players to meta-game or otherwise lower the quality or integrity of their RP for my sake. It was, as kyle says, simply a way for me to communicate Pad's IC interests of being a nominee, without forcing Jstar up at midnight to RP with me when he's busy. I again, apologize for any issues this may have caused.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Arguments about how to better improve the series of events aside I would like to reiterate as a person who was present, online and checking the metamap at the time there were a quite a hefty number of players online. As many as I've seen for any other non staff event in quite a long time (Like seriously I don't know how many more folks you want because thats about as big a crowd as HW events draw these days). The event was the major hub of RP that night with very few folks not showing up who were online. I discovered folks were Elves who I had no idea were elven characters AKA Landir @The Courier (Thought you were a pure human warrior this whole time) and others whom have a sub race which I wasn't aware of OOCly and I would bet a majority of the active elven players were present. The concerns that the decisions are illegitimate because there were a few notable exceptions from the crowd strikes me as very odd.

Other concerns I'll leave Jstar to answer, as its his event. I have ideas on how to improve the event, proposed kingdom, council etc but I'm sure if you asked every single player on HW we'd get a different answer from every singly player on how to improve any event.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Arguments about how to better improve the series of events aside I would like to reiterate as a person who was present, online and checking the metamap at the time there were a quite a hefty number of players online. As many as I've seen for any other non staff event in quite a long time (Like seriously I don't know how many more folks you want because thats about as big a crowd as HW events draw these days). The event was the major hub of RP that night with very few folks not showing up who were online. I discovered folks were Elves who I had no idea were elven characters AKA Landir @The Courier (Thought you were a pure human warrior this whole time) and others whom have a sub race which I wasn't aware of OOCly and I would bet a majority of the active elven players were present. The concerns that the decisions are illegitimate because there were a few notable exceptions from the crowd strikes me as very odd.

Other concerns I'll leave Jstar to answer, as its his event. I have ideas on how to improve the event, proposed kingdom, council etc but I'm sure if you asked every single player on HW we'd get a different answer from every singly player on how to improve any event.
Blame the time in the Sorrows for why he's Landir the Mandir.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
B- but my voting fraud...

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Look, um...

Maybe you should publicize this more before voting. Find out different candidates, spread it around a bit, try and include more of the 'elven' population. You don't have to be online 24/7, you can set up times OOCly to rp or exchange letters with other characters or get some volunteers to help you centralize everything.

I think there REALLY needs to be a lot more people involved in this entire endeavor - or your 'council' could end up being a mini faction supported by a very specific set of elves and stands a large chance of flopping. I don't wanna see this flop D:

A lot of fun an excellent RP can come from something like this. Whats the harm in generating some more RP before the big stuff happens, especially if it'll avoid conflicts of interest?

Edit: I mean, don't get me wrong- I love the idea and I'm only suggesting more organization because I'd like to see it last (or "succeed", in the sense that it creates wonderful RP dramas - not in the sense that anything 'wins').
This event has been roughly going on for about two weeks now. During that time, plenty of people have heard about it both IC and OOC since it is in no way a secret. As previously mentioned, the first event had a very large turnout of people. Not to toot my own horn but the moot has had one of the largest turnouts (With most of the active elves attending or at least hearing about it IC), excluding staff events for quite some time. Only the Noble's Ball boasted as many.

As I said, practically all elven characters were involved or have at least heard about this in some way shape or form. I am not honestly aware of any others elves that weren't there/haven't heard about it.

The idea was to have the council set up now so it can decide the beginning stuff- laws, trade agreements, alliances and all the juicy stuff. While this is going on, players would probably have the chance to come and join in, listening to meetings or just joining the elven nation in some way shape or form. This is supposed to be an ongoing thing that lasts for quite some time, so I thought it best to get the snowball tumbling down the mountain so to speak.

I appreciate your comments, I'm just not honestly sure what else could be done at this point to make this event more publicized than it already is-

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Due to rather sudden and not-expected twists and turns IRL, I will probably not be able to attend this.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Oh well if I'm mistaken then thats my bad- most sincere apologies to Jstar, for bothering your thread ^^

Best of luck guys, looking forward to it :D

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
A lot of people seem to want an extension. So an extension ye shall have!

When:
October 10th - Voting commences at 1pm BST
October 17th - Voting concludes at 1pm BST
October 18th - Results are given at 11pm BST

Last edited: