Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Omentie of Linyenwa

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Most of these decisions were made IC by the characters there. Maybe the council members, when the time comes, will help to further unite the elves or whatever- who knows!
@Jstar makes this clear, gorram it!

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
@Jstar makes this clear, gorram it!
Jstar is currently in a lecture-
This council was voted into power by the people of Altera. I only gave them several different options or the chance to suggest a different idea. What the council does is its business, I only orchestrated the moot and the voting.

The people voted for this Som, soo yeah.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
This council was voted into power by the people of Altera. I only gave them several different options or the chance to suggest a different idea. What the council does is its business, I only orchestrated the moot and the voting.

The people that were there voted for it. Not the same thing.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I... feel like if you have a problem with something that came about in character, it should be resolved in character? I don't think this thing is about, like, forcing Elves to participate under an Elven regime. I feel like it's just some thing trying to promote RP, which still entitles you to your opinion about it, but I'm confused about the way you went about expressing it.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I... feel like if you have a problem with something that came about in character, it should be resolved in character? I don't think this thing is about, like, forcing Elves to participate under an Elven regime. I feel like it's just some thing trying to promote RP, which still entitles you to your opinion about it, but I'm confused about the way you went about expressing it.
This.

I do not have the intention of forcing any elf into a regime of any sorts. Daeron expressed multiple times at the event that he was only there to organize the thing and that's what he did. The people there (most elven players, a majority some would say) all voted for unity and there was a vast majority who voted for this council.

If you are really against this idea so much Som, do something about it IC. All of this was done to generate more RP for the elves and create a good time for the player-base in general.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
No but that's my problem- the voting is OOC. You've got people nominated that weren't at this meeting, and that weakens the whole thing. If you do it IC, fine. But you're not.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
No but that's my problem- the voting is OOC. You've got people nominated that weren't at this meeting, and that weakens the whole thing. If you do it IC, fine. But you're not.
but is that not what the forums are for? I mean, its really hard to get something this consistent going without some sort of third party program, be it a forum or a google doc of sorts. not everyone can be online and on Mc at all times, ya know? Australia and all them wacky time zones, Plus the UK is five hours ahead of us, which makes things difficult on their own without an awesome forum like this one :D

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I'd have to quite literally be logged in for twenty-four hours to make sure that everyone got a chance to vote regardless of their varying timezones or other OOC occupations/circumstances. Doing this OOC was the easiest way to go about things and it'd make the voting far more representative/fair if everyone could vote even if they couldn't log in that day for whatever reason.

Word of this moot wasn't exactly hushed up and several characters have already found me IC to submit their names. A few, yes, did so OOC but that doesn't mean we should exclude them from having their name submitted. I will be setting up voting booths or something of that ilk in Tauredal or perhaps Ilirea where characters would go to vote. It just seemed far more reasonable/easier to do this OOC on the forums.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

By the people of Altera that were Elves and attended the Moot*

Although it's faulty looking of an organization for a large playerbase of Elves of all kinds, un-intentionally (or intetionally, who knows) neglecting majority of said playerbase, and thrown together too fast for comfort and solidity.. it does generate a bit of RP and gets thoughts turning. Wether it's built upon to be more grand or falls under its structure due to corruption is left to the players who want to take part and make necessary changes (or no changes) in the idea.

If Jstar truly means to let this idea flow in natural rp (voting process left to ooc pickings, although easy, is a bit off rp wise, as Som noted in first post.. Recommending players get a week atleast to send letters for thier votes ic.. or something. [Edit: oh, you have some solution there])- Then it's natural to let it continue to flow until it's become more structured. It could be likable or dislikable in character depending on how players evolve it. Maybe it'll grow, etc?

I basically see this as a work in progress, let out into the world on new baby feet, ready to soak in experience or crush under it.

...this took a while to type, I need sleep. Not sure if sense. Goodnight. OoOf my eyes burn.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... but it's in character. like, i can understand disliking the way something is made or structured, but i'm just confused about why it's not being brought up... in character. or, a bit more gently.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
... but it's in character. like, i can understand disliking the way something is made or structured, but i'm just confused about why it's not being brought up... in character. or, a bit more gently.
Honestly, gentle isn't really needed, Being blunt saves time, and helps in overall efficiency, even if people get a teeny bit upset. its called criticism, and stuff and stuff.

[Of course, I dont mean to be a total ass when it comes down to it :p]

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
By the people of Altera that were Elves and attended the Moot*

Although it's faulty looking of an organization for a large playerbase of Elves of all kinds, un-intentionally (or intetionally, who knows) neglecting majority of said playerbase, and thrown together too fast for comfort and solidity.. it does generate a bit of RP and gets thoughts turning. Wether it's built upon to be more grand or falls under its structure due to corruption is left to the players who want to take part and make necessary changes (or no changes) in the idea.

If Jstar truly means to let this idea flow in natural rp (voting process left to ooc pickings, although easy, is a bit off rp wise, as Som noted in first post.. Recommending players get a week atleast to send letters for thier votes ic.. or something. [Edit: oh, you have some solution there])- Then it's natural to let it continue to flow until it's become more structured. It could be likable or dislikable in character depending on how players evolve it. Maybe it'll grow, etc?

I basically see this as a work in progress, let out into the world on new baby feet, ready to soak in experience or crush under it.

...this took a while to type, I need sleep. Not sure if sense. Goodnight. OoOf my eyes burn.
The point of this entire thing was to get thoughts turning and rp set in motion. Like I said, I am merely the coordinator of everything up until the voting ends. If none of my characters are on the council then I shall have no further involvement in the proceedings unless asked to by the council. Given the circumstances, this idea will rise or fall with the cooperation and commitment of our lovely player-base.

I do have every intention of allowing this idea to grow and flourish of its own accord. I understand that the voting circumstances are a little iffy but I could not see an easier way to do this and for that I apologize. I would like to see this grow, but if it falls flat on its face then that's that, at least I'll know it only didn't work because the players didn't like or want the idea, which is completely understandable.

It is, of course, a work in progress and I look forward to seeing what kind of rp this will bring.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I'm curious how it's going to go based entirely off of the people who are up for the leadership of each individual part. I can't say I like the idea of the whole council, since it doesn't seem like all the different types of Elves would necessarily agree or like what one group might bring up. Elven Kingdoms? Awesome. A singular political body made up of the different sub-races of Elves who all likely have their own interests at heart? It'll be...interesting.

Do note, regardless of anyone's opinion; no one's word changes what you do with your event or whatever. Everyone has their own opinion, and such as someone brought up that the forums are a good third-party for the voting; they're also a place where opinion/judgement are going to show up, that's just how the forums work. I'm interested to see where this goes, and I really hope it does not end how I expect it to. Best of luck to ya'!

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
;-; Goodness pls no salt. I desperately want an interesting topic to RP around. Judging on how many folks attended the event, I'd say it's not just me. As blarg has said, these things were agreed upon in character by those who had attended the moot. Of course the current structure of this is unstable, but it was chosen in character. It can be built upon in character, or it can be picked apart and fail in character. All of it generates rp, however; and that's pretty awesome.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
;-; Goodness pls no salt. I desperately want an interesting topic to RP around. Judging on how many folks attended the event, I'd say it's not just me. As blarg has said, these things were agreed upon in character by those who had attended the moot. Of course the current structure of this is unstable, but it was chosen in character. It can be built upon in character, or it can be picked apart and fail in character. All of it generates rp, however; and that's pretty awesome.
Do note, regardless of anyone's opinion; no one's word changes what you do with your event or whatever. Everyone has their own opinion, and such as someone brought up that the forums are a good third-party for the voting; they're also a place where opinion/judgement are going to show up, that's just how the forums work.
Didn't know opinions were salt, but okay. Let everything roll how it's going, but calling people's opinions salt is kinda like asking for a problem to start in it's own way- Just don't say anything about "salt" and it'll calm down ;)

Sizzix

Doge Keeper
Didn't know opinions were salt, but okay. Let everything roll how it's going, but calling people's opinions salt is kinda like asking for a problem to start in it's own way- Just don't say anything about "salt" and it'll calm down ;)
I don't think the opinions are 'salt' I think that the abrasiveness of how they were presented was off putting and at least to me- unneeded.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
This is what happens when we try to have nice things. This is why we can not have those nice things.
Do note, regardless of anyone's opinion; no one's word changes what you do with your event or whatever.

Do note, this is supposed to be done to be funny, though you may take it how you'd like. :p

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Times up!
Players may no longer submit their names.

Last edited: