Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herald The Courier [Nettled Eyes]

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*Letters, Posters and Heralds make known these words*
To replace The Sculptor during the Nettled Eyes in Dreary Fables campaign

Helpful links:
+
Nettled Eyes and Dreary Fables Event Arc +
+
Nettled Eyes Overview & Rumors +
+
A New Threat +
+ Fight for Altera +
+
Announcement of Defense - To All Fronts +
+
The Sage's Wish +
+
Take Up the Sword +

Communication is deathly important.

When Khárûz Thôrdil Bárúmur was asked in his lecture on The Blight of 2305 about what he would have done differently should he had have had the fortune of hindsight, he said he would have attempted to unite everybody sooner. It was the united effort of various groups, Kingdoms and factions that defeated Qlippoth, yet should they have united sooner, thousands would not have lost their lives.

Corruption spreads, demons ready to invade outward from their great Rift.
To rise to the challenge: many trials await the new heroes of Altera whom give their blood and flesh, through sword and will, to defend our Realm.
Unity is not achieved through simply fighting for a common cause. Ignorance diminishes wisdom.
The enemy is a hive under the same command. We are not.
Yet give heed to this request and our combined efforts will be made twofold greater.

I shall be the courier of warfront news.

Tell me what you fought, the enemies movements, new discoveries and what you have done. I will tell everyone who needs to know what you inform me.

Divine Word me. If you have one, speak to me through a Divine Core. Send a letter if not. Through my own relations and my airship, I will make certain the knowledge is passed to those that direly require it.

I will cooperate with the Storms Landing Council, Aethel Deira, the Rangers and any other faction that heeds my request and call.

I shall also make public declarations to be distributed when possible.

Together we will win the Ivory War.

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

Lana will be the radio woman to send information between each faction.
There will be many events to come where unrelated characters come together to fight the bad guys. Not all may, however, spread information about what they do or what they see to others after the event.

This will take the burden off leaders who are coordinating within their own groups.

If at least one character shares what happens to Lana from events, she will share it between key characters or, if more important on a grave scale, she will write something and publicly announce it below.
This role of radio woman suits Lana and I will enjoy RP'ing this as my contribution toward the event chain, alongside healing.

AzureKnights Catalyst TheDuples TheDeester Pandora12Q -- The Landing Council

Map Retro Jazzper Heie -- Aethel Deira

Somnastra mageaegis Ced CloakedReaper Baron2537 -- The Rangers (higher ranks)

blargtheawesome Goldbeean Sergeant Freedom Niko -- The Inquisition

IceandFire Sankera Opal Jase -- Candlewood

With massive thanks to Solus for making this event chain and its lore!

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Known dates of major Ivory War events:

Thronesday, 11th of Sporebloom 2309 -- Ivory Rift. A rift opens about Storms Landing and a siege ensues. Pillars are destroyed across the city, closing the portal between the Nether and Altera. A scar still remained in the sky afterward.

Sunderday, 14th of Sunbright -- Demonic invasion
begins in the Cerulean Expanse, the Ivory King's forces begin to set up operations to spread out. An invasion has began. Beginning of the Cerulean Blitz.

Waterday, 15th of Sunbright -- Aethel Deira responds to demonic invasion, Lana makes her rally cry.

Townsday, 19th of Sunbright -- Communication movement begins (this thread).

Thronesday, 20th of Sunbright -- Storms Landing Council's
announcement of defense.

Sunderday, 21st of Sunbright -- Demonic incursion at the
Battle of Eisenheim. Invasion warded off by defenders.

Waterday, 22nd of Sunbright --
The Sage's Wish, a rally call to defend Candlewood.

Fireday, 23rd of Sunbright -- The
Battle of Lodestar. The old Lodestar Inn fell, though the battle was won by a united effort and Inquisition forces.

Godsend, 24th of Sunbright -- The
Fall of Candlewood. Demonic forces prevail and occupy the scholarly settlement, taking many lives in the process.

Townsday, 26th of Sunbright -- The
Battle for the Gateway. Possessed forces withdrew from taking the Southern Gateway.

Waterday, 29th of Sunbright --
First Battle of the Forward Medical Camp. Within the Adventurer's Guild south of the Landing, demons warded off but at the cost of severe damages to the encampment of medical staff, including the hospital building itself.

Godsend, 31st of Sunbright --
First Siege of Storms Landing. The army that destroyed Candlewood marched onward to the Landing, though were defeated the city's most southern wall along the road near the Rangers Hall. A bloody mess.

Boonday, 1st of Mistset --
Second Battle of the Forward Medical Camp. Overwhelmed by an army and fire, the Adventurer's Guild burned down and the soldiers forced to retreat to the Landing. Many died in the battle.

Sunderday, 4th of Mistset -- Warning and Public Execution by the Ashanti just outside Storms Landing. Two scholars from Candlewood murdered before a crowd that advanced on the general of the Ivory King, though she teleported away. She gives Storms Landing a few days to declare surrender before vowing to burn everything in the Cerulean Expanse and beyond to capture the Alteran Capital.

Waterday, 5th of Mistset --
Theodra assaulted the Northern Rift herself by taking the form of a large silver bird.

Fireday, 6th of Mistset --
The Fall of Verdant Valley. Realmsguard evacuated the citizens as demons rained firey explosions upon the valley village. One Realmsguard casualty and nine lives saved.

Blessday, 8th of Mistset --
Battle of Eldpoint / Raelur's Day. Ivory Forces advanced on Eldpoint, Keg's Hearth and Forthyr's Rock. The Palace was assaulted from the mountains whilst the main force assaulted the outer siege defenses of Eldpoint set up by the Realmsguard and the Aethel Deira. The southern line held, but the Queen and the Chancellor were kidnapped within the Palace attack.

Thronesday, 10th of Mistset --
Assassination of Amon. League Arcana uncovered a plot when tracking down missing Candlewood scholars in the Nether to build airships to aid Ivory Forces and their invasions, lead by General Amon. The general was killed and the airship destroyed.

Fireday, 13th of Mistset --
First Battle of the Rift. Alterans converge on the Ivory Rift, halting and damaging the invasion force in a bloody battle.

Blessday, 22nd of Mistset --
Retaking of Verdant Valley. Realmsguard retake the valley from demonic forces and the citizens return to their home.

Thronesday, 31st of Mistset --
The Grand Revival. The masses of soldiers lost in Aethel Deira's defenses were brought back to life by the Sisterhood of Shalherana. A grand parade took place two days later with fireworks in Eldpoint in celebration.

Godsend, 4th of Fogwater --
Second Battle of the Rift. Rangers, Inquisition and Realmsguard forces attack the south rift opened by the Ivory King and in an overwhelming victory successfully destroy the Rift without any casulties.

Waterday, 9th of Fogwater --
Counteroffensive into the Nether.

Fireday, Godsend 10th and 11th of Fogwater --
Second Siege of Storms Landing.

Godsend, 11th of Fogwater --
Defeat of the Ivory King. Rangers and Inquisition forces pushed into the Nether to the fortress of the Ivory King and successfully killed him.

Last edited:

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Dorothy would pen a public response, opting to hang it out on a noticeboard while also paying a crier to deliver its contents to this Lana.

midpage divider2.png

To Lana Wake,
Your efforts will surely bring about results, though I was not present in the campaigns of the Era of Blight, I was a source of aid in the Era of Corruption, and many a times my position was that of a mediator between factions fighting with one another. A lack of information can win or lose a battle, and when it is world scale such as this, your assistance in spreading information will be greatly appreciated.

Should I gain useful information, I will send it your way in the future. I hope that the denizens of the mortal realm will do the same, regardless of their position in any one hierarchy.

To the people of the mainland continent,
Heed this calling and spare what you've learned for the rest to be enlightened with. It is not just the responsibility of high ranking persons, soldiers, or mercenaries alike to participate and breathe information into the public, it belongs to any who desires to live, and to keep living. I have seen a few battles in my centuries that were lost because of information not shared, and it is a regret that those soldiers will carry for the rest of their lives.

I offer my services as an interpreter of a multitude of languages, if it is needed, to communicate messages to the Lana Wake. You may find me by the temple near the shore of the Frontier, send a letter there to Dorothy Plug.
*Below this, there would be in smaller print a list of the languages Dorothy speaks fluently*

Earkzian - Verba - Fae - Mok'Yra
Old Arcturian - Elven
[I cant remember if thats all, if its not I'll add them later]

Skraag Line Divider.png

Attachments

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I have edited the main post and the title.

I wish to apologise, for the way the original post was written made it quite insulting to some groups and players. This was not at all my intention. I desire Lana to be a 'radio woman' between the factions, somebody you call up and inform so they may share with others along the radio waves. I did not intend Lana to be any manner of leader nor figure of specific importance beyond the role written.

This is my way of getting my character involved in the event-chain, as it did not make sense for a scholar to enter the battlefield or sieges beyond inside a medical tent.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*An IC poster and herald!*

Victory at Eisenheim and Lodestar
Through great pain and effort, although minimal to no casualty loss, the settlement of Eisenheim and the Inquisition's ruins of Lodestar Inn were assaulted and the invasion forces repelled. Demonic patrols wander the regions, travel on land between the Landing and Eldpoint very ill-advised.

The demonic forces march toward Candlewood. Preperations have been made, Sage Athryl calls for aid.

A medical camp has been formed south of the Landing beside the Adventurers Guild headquarters for immediate attention to wounds from the frontlines, by order of Queen Rose of Aethel Deira.

The Landing Hospital is having a terrible influx of people with broken ribs, which are being healed daily via Formistry.

The known dates have been updated.​

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

The Fall of Candlewood, Ivory Advances

On Godsend, 24th of Sunbright, Candlewood's defenses were overun by the Ivory King's forces. Whilst their commander was killed, brave Alterans sacrificed themselves for a majority retreat and the scholar town's fate uncertain, albeit almost certainly scorched and destroyed. The first defeat of the Ivory War.

The forces advance north and south, toward the Landing and toward Eldpoint. Both cities are vigilant, the Realmsguard preparing to defend Aethel Deira whilst the Landing Council is suspended to prepare for a long siege.

The Southern Gateway was host to a battle on Townsday 26th. Possessed and demonic forces were expelled from the mystical portal that leads to the cold fringes of the frozen north, an Alteran victory at the cost of brave lives.

The Forward Medical Camp in the Adventurers Guild south of the Landing's road was assaulted by Ivory forces today (29th), which lead to great Aethel Deira soldier injuries and wounded. Whilst the victory is in Alteran's hands, they will be back. There was only one fatality.

Claims by the possessed Melarue should go unheard, whom claims the respectable Frost and Sylvia to be aiding the enemy. Let it be known that the words of a possessed self-titled Queen of stolen Aor sands should go without heed, as they conjure their own Nether Rifts from the blood of innocents to contest the Ivory King so that their own foul demon lord, Dranoden the Night Star, can benefit and invade Altera in the future.
Let the Ivory War be a lesson to all Alterans.
Like the days of Grief and the loss of previous Corrupted Realms: demons will never be Alteran allies, wishing only our destruction.

Trust not the words of a possessed.

dates of events updated

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Adventurer's Guild in Embers, Ivory march North

Yesterday, on Boonday 1st of Mistset, the Adventurer's Guild, used as a forward medical camp for the Aethel Deira on the frontlines was burned down and overrun with Ivory King's forces. Whilst the wounded within were evacuated by the noble deeds of those defending the camp, good souls perished within the battle.

This battle followed the previous day's skirmish on the Landing itself (Godsend, 31st of Sunbright) by the legion that burned down Candlewood, whom were promptly defeated at the defenses to the city near the Ranger's Hall at the road southbound. Bloody fighting ensued, though the defense held firm and the city is, for today, safe thanks to their efforts.

Notably, the demonic armies make us of military strategy of shield-walls and archers upon advancing, alongside hounds and flying imps to break ranks and infernal magic of conjuring fireballs to destroy walls, structures and gates in siege. Be wary of the skies when in battle.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Ashanti, the Cerulean Sear

Today (Sunderday, 4th of Mistset), the Ivory King's general made herself known.
A possessed woman naming herself Ashanti stood upon a stage held up of sinners and fiendish, demanding the surrender of Storms Landing to the Ivory King. Two prisoners from Candlewood's ashes, Solomon Venture and Marina, were publicly killed as a display of demonic cruelty.
She has given a few days for Storms Landing's surrender.

Let not the sacrifices of those whom have already fallen over the last twenty-four days be in vain.

Be wary of mimic ambush.
A skirmish with a missing caravan near Keg's Hearth has reports of mimic-like monsters that disguise themselves as objects and friends alike to trick us and ambush. If you see something out of place of no value, stab first to be safe.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Eldpoint Stands, Amon Falls

On Blessday, 8th of Mistset, Eldpoint was sieged by Ivory Forces. Aethel Deira and the Realmsguard held firm on the city's northward front, whilst Forthyr's Rock and Keg's Hearth were assaulted in the north. The wall held, despite breaches and burning of defensive siege equipment. The victory came at the cost of great many lives, including that of Raelur Fen'Shal, leading member of the Realmsguard, Councillor of the Storms Landing and Grey Lady Blessed of high standing. His sacrifice will not be in vain.

During the siege, the Palace was assaulted from the mountains, substaining significant damage. The Silver Queen is missing and presumed kidnapped by Ivory Forces.

Today (Thronesday, 10th), League Arcana entered the Corrupted Planar of the Nether and successfully killed a general of the Ivory King: Amon.
Five Candlewood scholars were saved after it was discovered the demonic forces were trying to recreate airships to siege Alterans.
Sadly, one Anya perished in the skirmish.

The hour is dark and the fight fierce.
We will remember those that have fallen and honour them by never surrendering to the infernal threat otherworldly.
It is always darkest before the dawn.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*An IC Poster and Herald!*

Verdant Valley retaken!

On Blessday, 22nd of Mistset, Realmsguard forces pushed back into the valley of the wolf and vanquished demonic invaders!
The citizens have since returned to their isolated home to rebuild from damages.

Soon, demon forces will likely advance on Storms Landing, their ultimate goal.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*An IC Poster and Herald!*

The Ivory Rift Destroyed!

Yesterday, the 4th of Fogwater, the southern Rift opened by the Ivory King that began the invasion of the Cerulean Expanse was successfully destroyed by a combined might of Ranger, Inquisition and Realmsguard forces.
This overwhelming victory cuts off the Ivory Forces completely from Altera. Only the remannts that came through and the possessed of the Ivory King now remain to threaten us. There were no casualties.

Further grand and fantastical news:

The fallen of Aethel Deira, soldiers whom defended their Kingdom and Storms Landing, were miraculously brought back to life by the Sisterhood of Shalherana. Families were reunited on the 31st of Mistset and a
joyous parade through Eldpoint was had on the 2nd.

The war is almost won.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
*An IC Poster and Herald*

The Ivory King is Dead

Today, the 11th of Fogwater, The Rangers and Inquisition forces defeated the Ivory King within the Nether.

His death may mark the end of this war; though remnants still may linger, like those that attacked- unsuccessfully- the Landing these past two days.

Be vigiliant, be wary and be safe.