Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Dark Mage [Character Dead]

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
It was a naquada infused plasma grenade.
Your stomach isnt that strong.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Part 3
Olivia came to collect him later that day. She had changed out of her armor into more casual clothes. She was wearing a rough-spun woolen dress of emerald green, with a gold chain around her neck.
“How are you feeling?”, She asked curiously
I'm feeling much better thanks to the Healer's here.”, Ryan replied with a warm smile.
“That's good”,she said, smiling back.
“So what will happen to me now?”
“To be honest, I'm not sure. I've spoken with the Lower Council members, and have arranged for some temporary accomadation for you. It's a room in one of the few free Inn's in the Lower District. It's not the best, but with the tensions rising with the Akashi.”
“How much will it cost me to stay there?”
“For now, nothing. But after a week or two, if you stay that long, they will probably start charging you. If I may, I'd get out as soon as I can. The place is a shithole, filled with some of the worst thieve's and thug's in the City.”
“I'll remember that”, Ryan said, making a mental note not to cause any problems there.
I asked one of the Healers to measure you while you where being checked so we could get some clothes made for you. Now doubt you will want to be out of those healing robes as soon as possible.”
“Thank you very much. I'm not sure what would have happened to me if you had not found me out there last night.”, Ryan said, thinking about the possibilities.
“Most likely, your jewels would have been stolen, and we'd have found you with your throat cut” She answered matter-of-factly.
“.....Right. Thanks then”
“C'mon, gather up your things. I'll speak with the Healers to allow yoou to leave.” She turned towards the door.
Ryan walked over to the wooden wardrobe and opened it. There wasn't much in it, just a few coins, along with a leather pouch, which when opened, contained dozens and dozens of jewel's and rare stones. Along with them was a dagger. He picked it up and admired the scabbard of it. It was made of black leather, with a silver overlay in the design of two dragons facing each other. The blade's handle was made of a strange, pure white material, it looked like Bone. The blade itself was beautiful and intricate. It was made of what looked like Iron, with the blade sloping inwards and upwards. There was a Rune inscribed onto the metal. It was terrifying. Just holding the knife gave him a sense of dread and uneasiness that he couldn't explain. He sheated it quickly, and gathered the rest of his belongings.
He then looked at the clothes that had been made for him. Woolen leggings of a deep brown colour, and a white top made of the same material. He stripped out of his current attire, and slipped into his new clothes. They fit perfectly. He strapped the dagger to his waist, and went outside.
Olivia was talking to one of the healers, the one who had helped him out with the pain in his chest earlier that day. He examined Oliva carefully. She had waist length blond hair, and a tall, slender figure. He noticed that she also had a dagger around her waist. He walked over to them.
“Oh, good. You're ready then”, Olivia smiled as the Healer left to attend to another patient,”Shall we go then?”
“Yes, lets.”
They set off out of the large building. When they where outside, Ryan looked around him.
The buildings around them where all made of stone, and not one was under three stories tall. They appeared to be on a mountain. He could see a massive castle at the summit.
“So how is the city laid out?”,Ryan asked inquiringly.
“Well, the city was first created nearly one hundred and forty years ago, by David the conqurer. His armies built a large wall around the base of the mountain, to defend against any enemy attacks that might have come at them. Then, as their people started to settle here, the city was divided into the original three precincts. The Upper, Lower, and Business districts. The upper city was for the wealthy Lords and Merchants. The business district was for merchants to trade and for healers and such to set up establishments. The lower city is where most of the inn's and brothels are located, with the poorer of the population's living quaters. Towering above all of this, is DemonsReach. The castle that was created by the Demon-Slayer David, after his armies had taken control of most of the surrounding land for hundreds of miles in all directions, thus ending the Civil war that had started for control of the smaller kingdoms, and forming the Empire as it is now.”
Oh, okay. So, I'm guessing your not the only Captain of the Guard in the city then?”
“No, there are twelve other captains alongside me. The High Defender is the leader of the whole city guard. He is second only to the council's in regard to the direction of the Guard. In fact, he is actually given a place on the Lower council to help govern the city.”
“So who exactly is the lower council?”, Ryan asked as they turned a corner
There are 3 main councils in the City. The lower council deals with the every-day matters that arise within the City. The High coucil deals with matters of foreign relations and other matters such as that. They also deal with any executions or trials for imprisonment that might arise for the City. The Supreme Council is rarely even called. They deal with matters of War, and the election of new council-members. Ah, here is one of the gates that seperate the rich from the poor.” The last was said bitterly.
The gate was a massive thing of Iron and stone. The arch of the gate itself was at least 65 feet high, with three different portcullises set into the twenty foot thick walls. The guards at the gate gave a salute to Olivia as she passed, recieving a nod in return.
“Down this way is the building you will be staying in.”, She said, gesturing towards one of the more run-down area's of the city.
Oh, great”, Ryan said, looking at the dilapidated buildings on either side.
They walked through the door of one of the worse buildings. The landlord was sitting in a parlor just inside the door. The place was filthy. The walls where painted a depressing grey color, with damp patches and piles of rubbish scattered about the room. The landlord took one look at them, and recognised Olivia. He nodded at her, got up, and gave her a key. He glared at Ryan.
“You'll get the room free for two weeks. Your only getting that 'cause I've got the Council breathing down my neck. After that, you get it for full price”
Okay, I understand.”
Good, if you cause any trouble, I wont hesitate to call the City Guard to drag you down to the City dungeons”
“Yes sir, I understand. I wont cause any trouble.”, Ryan said backing away a step.
The landlord grunted and stalked back to his chair. Olivia led him up the stairs, which where rotten and in a state of severe dis-repair.
“Right, this is where you will be staying for the next few weeks. If you need anything, ask for me in the Guards Baracks. I'll be back to see you in the morning, and I'll give you a tour around the city.”
Alright, thank you very much. I'll see you tomorrow.”, Ryan said to her, with a shy smile on his face.
She smiled back and departed.
Ryan set off to explore his new living quaters. The room was about 6 meters by 6 meters. The paint was peeling off, and there was a boarded up window in one of the walls. He could hear the scurrying of rats and insects in the walls.
He went down-stairs to see what was on the other side of the window. As he went around the back of the building, a trio of Large teenagers approached him.
“So your the new guy huh?, you don't look like much.”, Said the leader,”You'll be dead by the end of the week I'd wager.”
“'ere, look at the knife he has.”,Said the smallest of the three, a rat-faced young boy,”I'd say that'd fetch a nice amount of coin”
Which you'd probably spend on the whores Jimmy.”, said the last of the three, a boy of middle-height, around 16 or so.
“Don't get in my way. No-one does anything around here without my say so.”, said the leader,”You try anything funny, and I'll get my dad to kick you out of the inn”
Ryan looked him square in the eye,”Fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of” he said.
The kid gave a grim smile, “you'll regret that bastard”.
“C'mon Al”, Said the quiet one, “It's getting dark, and I want to be back from the taverns before me parents find out I'm gone, or they'll beat me black and fucking blue.”
The trio departed, and Ryan headed back inside. He went straight to his room and closed the door. As he lay on the bed in silence, he got the feeling of being watched. He got up and walked around the room under the cover of darkness. It was coming from the one mirror in his room, a broken thing with very little glass left in it. He stared into one of the fragments, and saw a hooded figure staring back. He leapt backwards with a curse and drew the dagger. He looked into the piece of glass again, but saw only himself staring back. The feeling of being watched had passed. He lay on the bed again, with the moonlight streaming onto his face, But did not sleep for the rest of the night.

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
its long its great.. its just perfect :D
actelly it was allmost worth waiting for.. thanks shadow :D cant wait for more =3

matyio

The original mute
nice one shadow, interestingly enough it seems we were writing the next part to our bios at the same time, although i think mine is longer.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
It means "Good story brother" so essentially its the latin equivalent of cool story bro.

matyio

The original mute
so bette just killed you for saying that the story was good? Well bette what do you have to say for yourself.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
no no no matyio, i was "cool story bro"ing you, saying yours was longer. Have you never heard that?

matyio

The original mute
i have, just not recently, and every time i hear it i get confused as to what the person is talking about.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Right, since I'm off this week, I'm aiming to get at least 3 more of these done.
And yes, I am allowed necro this, I'm the Dark Mage.