Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere, but do vyre teeth still regrow if removed? If so, would it also apply to the claws that ferals grow as they rank up?

Also, because I'm still not inherently sure about the progression.
If for example:
Bok'ra infects Ragnar and ragnar infects Raziel and raziel infects malyn

Does this mean Bok'ra ranks up, because three vyres have been made because of him?

Or would Bok'ra have to himself infect all three to rank up?

Last edited:

Ressplendent

Lord of Altera
Evil
Pronouns
She/Her
Ressplendent
Ressplendent
Evil
So, quick Q,
If a player was turned Gluttony and Feral, what would the physical changes be? Based on the information given,
A Gluttony vyre would 'gain dog-like teeth, their pupils bleed into the sclera of their eyes, and they have large, pointed ears.'
but a Feral's physical traits are, 'They look exactly like their past selves. There is no way to tell based on their appearance alone. '
Would one override the other?

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
How would Lover's emotion abilities (ego depletion and besot) effect people that have something that would effect their mind already, such as
1. Spiritblessed (The elemental effects their emotions, ex. Shadowblessed are naturally apathetic so could a strong emotion even be placed in them like besot or would the shadow just cancel it out)
2. Dark Thread ("Darkthread crafts circling ones head seem to block Arcane spells aimed to infiltrate the mind or soul of the wearer")

Fry

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fryzbee
Fryzbee
Mystic
"They cannot hold or willingly touch a holy symbol of a deity not Skraag or a deity which has blessed them."

Does this count for Dead Gods? Specifically Kilrox.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
If a vyre transitions types, is their rank progression reset?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Does bloodvine still have the same effects it use to under the mew vyre system
1621193222549.png

I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere, but do vyre teeth still regrow if removed?
Nope.

If so, would it also apply to the claws that ferals grow as they rank up?
Nope.

Also, because I'm still not inherently sure about the progression.
If for example:
Bok'ra infects Ragnar and ragnar infects Raziel and raziel infects malyn

Does this mean Bok'ra ranks up, because three vyres have been made because of him?

Or would Bok'ra have to himself infect all three to rank up?
The former.

So, quick Q,
If a player was turned Gluttony and Feral, what would the physical changes be? Based on the information given,
A Gluttony vyre would 'gain dog-like teeth, their pupils bleed into the sclera of their eyes, and they have large, pointed ears.'
but a Feral's physical traits are, 'They look exactly like their past selves. There is no way to tell based on their appearance alone. '
Would one override the other?
Yes, if bloodline and type conflict, bloodline takes priority.

"They cannot hold or willingly touch a holy symbol of a deity not Skraag or a deity which has blessed them."

Does this count for Dead Gods? Specifically Kilrox.
No.

If a vyre transitions types, is their rank progression reset?
No.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
if one vyre with progeny switches bloodlines/types, do all the progeny follow with that switch, or it just confined to the one vyre?

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
A question about Biters and their relationship to holy symbols. Is it something that needs to be visually seen/presented to them or would they sense it on a person. Like if they had a holy symbol of Korog under their shirt, would the Vyre sense it and start backing away. Or is it a typical "The power of christ compels you!" as they hold up the holy symbol?

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Are the other subtypes of Vyre capable of turning people like a Feral would, or are they limited to their specific turning method?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
A question about Biters and their relationship to holy symbols. Is it something that needs to be visually seen/presented to them or would they sense it on a person. Like if they had a holy symbol of Korog under their shirt, would the Vyre sense it and start backing away. Or is it a typical "The power of christ compels you!" as they hold up the holy symbol?
They have to know the holy symbol is there for it to have any effect.

Are the other subtypes of Vyre capable of turning people like a Feral would, or are they limited to their specific turning method?
The latter.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
View attachment 121343
THE VYRE
F A Q

The new Vyre rework will bring about its own questions, and this is the place to ask those. Commonly asked questions will be stated below in the main page, hopefully they help!
Please use this thread for any questions or feedback.

_ _ ______________________________________ _ _

Does a Vyre need to sleep?
Yes, like a normal person unless stated otherwise (e.g Biters).

Do Vyres bleed, and if so, can they die from bloodloss?
Yes, except where stated otherwise (e.g Biters).

Do Vyres age at all?
Nobles age more slowly the higher their rank, but all the others age as normal.

Can I ‘feed’ on NPCs, or do they need to be player characters?
You could feed on NPCs in events, but otherwise it needs to be other players.

What’s progeny mean?
All vyres below the given vyre in the chain. Vyres they turned, and vyres the vyres they turned have turned, and so on. Whilst some Vyres call only their direct kin (the ones they’ve turned) progeny, this term can apply to all in the bloodline.

View attachment 121344

Since Lovers feed off of emotion, do they grow fangs still? I understand that the bloodlines may effect like look; but realistically if they didn't need fangs would they grow them?

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
If this has already been answered, I apologize -

For the ‘cures’ stated under each new type of Vyre, (Lover, Biter, etc.) I assume these cure the character of Vyrism? Or do they just switch types?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Since Lovers feed off of emotion, do they grow fangs still? I understand that the bloodlines may effect like look; but realistically if they didn't need fangs would they grow them?
The answer is the same, when they conflict bloodlines take priority over the type.

If this has already been answered, I apologize -

For the ‘cures’ stated under each new type of Vyre, (Lover, Biter, etc.) I assume these cure the character of Vyrism? Or do they just switch types?
Cures them of Vyrism.

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
Another -

I know Vyres are unable to injure their Sires and such, and this may be an IC matter to figure out, but does the Lovers cure still work if the Lover can’t cut out the heart themselves?

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
How would Lover's emotion abilities (ego depletion and besot) effect people that have something that would effect their mind already, such as
1. Spiritblessed (The elemental effects their emotions, ex. Shadowblessed are naturally apathetic so could a strong emotion even be placed in them like besot or would the shadow just cancel it out)
2. Dark Thread ("Darkthread crafts circling ones head seem to block Arcane spells aimed to infiltrate the mind or soul of the wearer")
Small bump since I'm unsure if this is still just waiting on an answer/being discussed or if it was accidentally missed

Ressplendent

Lord of Altera
Evil
Pronouns
She/Her
Ressplendent
Ressplendent
Evil
It says that Gluttony vyres have large, pointed ears. What would happen if someone were to cut them? As in, cut the point. Would they grow back or?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
oh my god i forgot one

Ego deplotion would work. Besot might not work, it might work. Talk it out with the player in context.

Dark thread works on Lover abilities.

Another -

I know Vyres are unable to injure their Sires and such, and this may be an IC matter to figure out, but does the Lovers cure still work if the Lover can’t cut out the heart themselves?
Yes, they could get someone to cut it out for them.

It says that Gluttony vyres have large, pointed ears. What would happen if someone were to cut them? As in, cut the point. Would they grow back or?
They don't revert after cosmetic surgery.