Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Fry

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fryzbee
Fryzbee
Mystic
Being able to "level up" by consuming another Vyre, as per outlined by what each type can do, does this mean we can chomp a bit on our progeny and level up?

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
The cure for lovers is to eat the heart of someone an individual loves. If a lover is consumed, thus being able to only feel negative emotions, does it mean they cant get cured while consumed?

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
The cure for lovers is to eat the heart of someone an individual loves. If a lover is consumed, thus being able to only feel negative emotions, does it mean they cant get cured while consumed?
A minor, grim thing I thought I'd add; Is it possible to be so narcissistically in love with yourself that your own heart is the cure?

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Being able to "level up" by consuming another Vyre, as per outlined by what each type can do, does this mean we can chomp a bit on our progeny and level up?
If they are Enthralled or Consumed, yes. Can't feed on Fledglings to advance in rank.

It would certainly be incredibly hard for a Consumed Lover to genuinely love another. Remember that Vyres are expected to go up and down the rankings throughout their lives.

A minor, grim thing I thought I'd add; Is it possible to be so narcissistically in love with yourself that your own heart is the cure?
If it follows the "what is most soap operatic in the moment?" principle and doesn't explicitly conflict with the lore as written, it's valid.
(So... yes, but probably not, I think that having your heart cut out kills you and you can't chew while dead.)

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Can a consumed lover vyre nullify the effects of their bloodline via shapeshifting?

and can they take away their mutations, such as a moth arm?

Last edited:

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Heyoo,

Two questions (sorry if asked before/i missed it):

1. Refined Irzis-Fyr vs Vyres. How bad is it? It's not an open flame, normally contact is made and it burns the flesh, and it holds the heat of a small campfire.

"The metal perpetually holds the heat of a small fire, burning flesh that comes in contact with it for more than a few seconds."

From what I assume, this would mean that if a Vyre made contact with it, they would just fwoosh on fire much more violently perhaps? So they're not literal AOE nukes to Vyres?

2. HUNGER || All Vyres' hunger is a supernatural manifestation of the envy that makes up the core of their affliction. All may slake this hunger by consuming blood or the means outlined for their particular type

So if one, say a lover vyre, wanted to. They could feed off blood for a satisfying meal over off emotions, becoming saited for 2 weeks? (Though naturally, emotions would be preferred I imagine.)

Pandora12Q

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pan_12Q
Pan_12Q
Legend
A question about the knowledge that Vyres gain on themselves and the type of Vyre they are, do the chain abilities and the way that they work count in that knowledge that is just known by default?

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
Is it only blood from another that triggers Ferals into their crazed state, or does their own blood trigger them as well?

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Can there be a repost or a stick someplace I cant remember where it was but we used to have a list of the effects of divine blood for good, beautral and evil and their effects when drunk. Only one I can recall is good aligned which is highly sought after and tastes divine, and can induce euphoric feelings of happiness.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Can a consumed lover vyre nullify the effects of their bloodline via shapeshifting?
Not completely, still use them as guidelines for appearance.

and can they take away their mutations, such as a moth arm?
Yes.

Heyoo,

Two questions (sorry if asked before/i missed it):

1. Refined Irzis-Fyr vs Vyres. How bad is it? It's not an open flame, normally contact is made and it burns the flesh, and it holds the heat of a small campfire.

"The metal perpetually holds the heat of a small fire, burning flesh that comes in contact with it for more than a few seconds."

From what I assume, this would mean that if a Vyre made contact with it, they would just fwoosh on fire much more violently perhaps? So they're not literal AOE nukes to Vyres?
Try (carefully) holding a piece of paper to one of the coils in your oven. Touching it just for an instant causes some char, but having prolonged contact for more than a second or two and it combusts. That's how bad it would be for a Consumed Vyre. Do it with a T-shirt, and that's Enthralled. Just grab it with your hand, and that's Fledgling.

2. HUNGER || All Vyres' hunger is a supernatural manifestation of the envy that makes up the core of their affliction. All may slake this hunger by consuming blood or the means outlined for their particular type

So if one, say a lover vyre, wanted to. They could feed off blood for a satisfying meal over off emotions, becoming saited for 2 weeks? (Though naturally, emotions would be preferred I imagine.)
Yes.

A question about the knowledge that Vyres gain on themselves and the type of Vyre they are, do the chain abilities and the way that they work count in that knowledge that is just known by default?
Anything on the thread is subject to that initial disclaimer at the top about knowing however much the player wants to know.

Is it only blood from another that triggers Ferals into their crazed state, or does their own blood trigger them as well?
The latter.

Can there be a repost or a stick someplace I cant remember where it was but we used to have a list of the effects of divine blood for good, beautral and evil and their effects when drunk. Only one I can recall is good aligned which is highly sought after and tastes divine, and can induce euphoric feelings of happiness.
Individual players are welcome to flavor blessed blood as tasting particularly good. It doesn't need to be the case in this rendition of things.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Try (carefully) holding a piece of paper to one of the coils in your oven. Touching it just for an instant causes some char, but having prolonged contact for more than a second or two and it combusts. That's how bad it would be for a Consumed Vyre. Do it with a T-shirt, and that's Enthralled. Just grab it with your hand, and that's Fledgling.
Do not try this at home

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
For Lover Vyres, as they can feed on emotions, do they have some sort of innate 'detection' like for instance an Animancer does to sense if people are experiencing intense emotions? If they do, is this just a general sense or can they sense the specific emotions felt?

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
If a lover vyre were to stay around someone 24/7 does that negate the need to properly feed

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Is the new change to Bloodvine common knowledge? Bloodvine is one of the common knowledge nodes as per this thread, so I would assume so. Want to be sure however.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Can Vyres still cry blood if they are well fed?

Dear God, six pages already. You are killing this, Blarg. Real MVP.

MercurySteve

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him
Mercury_Steve
Mercury_Steve
Patron
Since the way one becomes a Lover vyre is through immense hate/love, and Vyres are able to turn into other vyres mutations (from a prev answered question)...

Then if ones hatred/love for their sire never ended during the moment they turned in to another mutation, would they just... turn back in to a lover?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Will Lower tiered blessed who find themselves "accidentally" Turning be punished with a loss of progress?

Is there anything a blessed can do about this?

Why is T3 the entry point for being immune if you don't mind me asking? The majority of current blessed are below this threshold.

Also, Are there any plans to flesh out a way for ferals to move onto other subtypes? Could a feral turned by a starving vyre turn into the original type their sire was?

What's the drain of emotions like when there are multiple lover vyres in a room?

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
A lover/biter/noble who hasn't fed and has gone feral can transmit the curse while feral, and make a feral. Right?