Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

TheDuples

Lord of Altera
Members of the Gluttony bloodline gain dog-like teeth, their pupils bleed into the sclera of their eyes, and they have large, pointed ears.

The members of the chain cannot fully close their lips, their teeth taking on the form and function of predatory animals.
How exaggerated are the dog-like features in those Vyres of the gluttony bloodline? With the enlargement of the teeth, would that include a more pronounced snout? Can we as players exaggerate certain proportions at our own discretion? For instance, I'd like it if the upper and lower jaws on my character was slightly more pronounced, jutting forward in a grotesque manner, like some mutated hound or ape, with the nose remaining more human-like, but slightly deformed and crooked due to the former mutations.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
To clarify, no other vyre, but nobles can use purify blood or bloodvine?

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
The new host may slowly transform over time come to resemble the Vyre, but the time it takes and if it happens at all is at the prerogative of the player. The race of the new host cannot be a construct, restricted race, or extinct race.
Vyre Lore Page [X]

So here is something I'm curious about, lets say a Makani were to become a Vyre. They end up dying and reanimating into a corpse of a human, how would the process of transformation work here? Would the new human body fully transform back into a Makani or would they only get some of the traits of their previous body. Feathers, beady eyes and such. This question also applies to a Caparii and any short races. Would the human body begin growing horns and have their legs changed to the full extent of the Vyre's previous body? Would the new human body begin to start shrinking in size to match the Vyre's old halfling body? I think the reanimation ability that was written by lore is extremely cool and I can't wait to see it in action (I hope I don't ever got to use it) but these are just a few things that I am curious about.

A little less important but I'm also curious as to why it is that Lore implemented this mechanic, what was the ooc motive or reasoning for implementing this? Just something I'm personally curious about.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
if a biter consumed removes his ear and eye, can he see and hear?
No.

How exaggerated are the dog-like features in those Vyres of the gluttony bloodline?
The psychophysiological sections set a theme, the individual player can run with it from there. As long as it doesn't contradict the psychophysiological section, go (somewhat, reservedly) crazy.

With the enlargement of the teeth, would that include a more pronounced snout?
Slightly, sure.

Can we as players exaggerate certain proportions at our own discretion? For instance, I'd like it if the upper and lower jaws on my character was slightly more pronounced, jutting forward in a grotesque manner, like some mutated hound or ape, with the nose remaining more human-like, but slightly deformed and crooked due to the former mutations.
Yes, as long as it doesn't contradict the lore page and isn't to some mechanical benefit.

Vyre Lore Page [X]

So here is something I'm curious about, lets say a Makani were to become a Vyre. They end up dying and reanimating into a corpse of a human, how would the process of transformation work here? Would the new human body fully transform back into a Makani or would they only get some of the traits of their previous body. Feathers, beady eyes and such.
If the player wants to assume their character's old body, it gradually shifts into that of a Makani. If you want some inspiration as to how that could be flavored in character, my personal recommendation would be Animorphs.

Would the new human body fully transform back into a Makani or would they only get some of the traits of their previous body. Feathers, beady eyes and such.
It's either a gradual transition, aesthetic changes, or no changes at all. Also, you phrased this like a question but didn't put a ? so it confused me when I was trying to quote your post to answer it.

This question also applies to a Caparii and any short races. Would the human body begin growing horns and have their legs changed to the full extent of the Vyre's previous body?
Yes.

Would the new human body begin to start shrinking in size to match the Vyre's old halfling body?
Yes.

I think the reanimation ability that was written by lore is extremely cool and I can't wait to see it in action (I hope I don't ever got to use it) but these are just a few things that I am curious about.

A little less important but I'm also curious as to why it is that Lore implemented this mechanic, what was the ooc motive or reasoning for implementing this? Just something I'm personally curious about.
The OOC motive for its implimentation is that it's cool.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but for clarification as I've gotten different answers from players. If say a biter wanted to become a lover while still remaining under their biter sire, is that doable or do you have to switch Sires in order change vyre types?

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but for clarification as I've gotten different answers from players. If say a biter wanted to become a lover while still remaining under their biter sire, is that doable or do you have to switch Sires in order change vyre types?
Once someone's been made into a Vyre, that person who made them into a Vyre is their sire. To change Sires after that point, the EnthrallI ability has to be used.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Is there any way for someone such as myself, to transition from feral vyre to other vyre types? Without going through the curing process? (Originally chose feral, but realized its a little hard to rp for my taste)

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Is there any way for someone such as myself, to transition from feral vyre to other vyre types? Without going through the curing process? (Originally chose feral, but realized its a little hard to rp for my taste)
This was discussed over Discord.

In the early stages of the rework, we're willing to work with people on retconning into other types of Vyre if they feel they made an ill-informed decision after grandfathering.

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
This was discussed over Discord.

In the early stages of the rework, we're willing to work with people on retconning into other types of Vyre if they feel they made an ill-informed decision after grandfathering.
In regards to things like this, if Bok'ra does indeed retcon being a feral, what happens to those that he has sired since the grandfathering?

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
In regards to things like this, if Bok'ra does indeed retcon being a feral, what happens to those that he has sired since the grandfathering?
I think he's only infected one person. They can still be a fearl, we just won't think too hard on the implications of that for this one-off thing.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Given that Enthrall is a Fledgling ability, does it work upon other Vyres of the same rank, or is this an ability that only actually "unlocks" at the Enthralled rank?
Does it count towards Vyre progress when used?
Is there a kind of emotion that works best, do the feel different? Can it be an extreme of any emotion?

Last edited:

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
In regards to Vyres and their nourishment, seeing we have different ways of nourishment dependant on Vyre Type (Blood, flesh, Bloodvine, emotions, etc)
I was wondering.. can Vyres actually consume food and drink again (without any nourishment value ofcourse) instead of throwing it up again afterwards like before?

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
^^^
especially feral vyres, since if they arent in a bloodline, they might not know they're vyres, so they'd probably attempt to eat

EDIT: I have to ask, what happens if someone who's already a (non lover) vyre falls in love/hates with a lover to the degree that they would turn? would they NEED to use the enthrall spell, or could a vyre become a lover vyre through pure emotion?

Last edited:

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Asking for a friend, what's the call on background Vyre'ing already existing characters? Heard there's already been one, but they'd like me to ask all the same

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Given that Enthrall is a Fledgling ability, does it work upon other Vyres of the same rank, or is this an ability that only actually "unlocks" at the Enthralled rank?
That it's listed as being Fledgling is a carryover from earlier drafts where it did something different. I'll probably move it to Enthralled since you're right that it does nothing at Fledgling.

Does it count towards Vyre progress when used?
No.

Is there a kind of emotion that works best, do the feel different?
Feel free to flavor your character finding some emotions tastier than others.

Can it be an extreme of any emotion?
Yes.

In regards to Vyres and their nourishment, seeing we have different ways of nourishment dependant on Vyre Type (Blood, flesh, Bloodvine, emotions, etc)
I was wondering.. can Vyres actually consume food and drink again (without any nourishment value ofcourse) instead of throwing it up again afterwards like before?
Yes, all Vyres are able to enjoy food and drink again. It provides no nourishment, but maybe some comfort.

EDIT: I have to ask, what happens if someone who's already a (non lover) vyre falls in love/hates with a lover to the degree that they would turn? would they NEED to use the enthrall spell, or could a vyre become a lover vyre through pure emotion?
Enthrall does not change a Vyre's type (feral, biter, noble, lover). It changes their bloodline (grey, gluttony, azarin, etc). Yes, a Vyre who is already a Lover that falls in love with one or hates one above all things would turn into one.

Asking for a friend, what's the call on background Vyre'ing already existing characters? Heard there's already been one, but they'd like me to ask all the same
I plan to do it on my Vidar character, I just haven't thought of how I want to do it yet.

Will the feral holy water cure still work for accident mage ferals?
Yyyes, but it would be profoundly unpleasant for sure.