Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where to Build a Wall [Closed]

Which Wall Would Work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Remind me why we can't just blow up the land bridge between the cathedral and mainland? And also, there is corruption already going over water, so that's kinda not happening.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Remind me why we can't just blow up the land bridge between the cathedral and mainland? And also, there is corruption already going over water, so that's kinda not happening.
It crossed the water after it went alongside the shore to the other side.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The trick is, wall cleaners. We know corruption can work its way over a, and through, a wall, but it takes time. Every few weeks wed send out a crew through to the other side to destroy the build-up.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
first to have something up. third while the first is delaying. second for cannon fodder

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm wondering why the first(second?) wall is behind PS like that. Surely using PS's available resources would help. Silverpeak fer instance, as well as the Silver Serpent. Are we basically giving those up?

Also, why are they ordered like that? Surely it should be smallest to largest or closest to furthest.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I'm wondering why the first(second?) wall is behind PS like that. Surely using PS's available resources would help. Silverpeak fer instance, as well as the Silver Serpent. Are we basically giving those up?

Also, why are they ordered like that? Surely it should be smallest to largest or closest to furthest.
Because I like bugging people who like order.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

Well, is there a way to get into/out of the upper district that doesn't go through the lower district?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well actually having the wall behind the Port Silver facilities is pretty useful.

Youve got silver peak and the castle to fight any corrupted in. If things get too dicey, hey looks theres a nice sturdy wall you can fall back behind~

Now Im gonnga try my best to convince anyone who hasnt voted yet and is reading this far (meaning pretty much no one) to pick type 3. I dont see resources being our issue. If it comes right down to it I can drop a lot of my stores and make 2 sections by myself, easy.

Type 3 offers a lot of advantages. Type 2 is a pointless waste of resources. If we play anything less than perfect, and judging by previous events, we will type 2 will be overrun and the resources and time wasted. No point in type 2.
Type 1 is nice, but to circumvent it the corruption only has to travel a short distance.
Type 3 has our highest probability of lasting success, but just has the highest start up cost. Fortunately, start up cost is what we can handle! Type 3 represents this player-bases comparative advantage, and thus it makes sense to pick it.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well actually having the wall behind the Port Silver facilities is pretty useful.

Youve got silver peak and the castle to fight any corrupted in. If things get too dicey, hey looks theres a nice sturdy wall you can fall back behind~

Now Im gonnga try my best to convince anyone who hasnt voted yet and is reading this far (meaning pretty much no one) to pick type 3. I dont see resources being our issue. If it comes right down to it I can drop a lot of my stores and make 2 sections by myself, easy.

Type 3 offers a lot of advantages. Type 2 is a pointless waste of resources. If we play anything less than perfect, and judging by previous events, we will type 2 will be overrun and the resources and time wasted. No point in type 2.
Type 1 is nice, but to circumvent it the corruption only has to travel a short distance.
Type 3 has our highest probability of lasting success, but just has the highest start up cost. Fortunately, start up cost is what we can handle! Type 3 represents this player-bases comparative advantage, and thus it makes sense to pick it.
I can only agree with this, though i wish there was an option 2.5 :/.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Why not close off the lower district, by preventing any other entrances, and build the wall surrounding the upper district, and extending to protect behind the upper district.