Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where to Build a Wall [Closed]

Which Wall Would Work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Milky Joe

Lord of Altera
I thought that the wall was to protect port silver... If option 1 or 3 is chosen then we are basically condemning port silver.
And the northern most section of wall 3 ( across the river) seems totally pointless if the corruption can't spread through water as all it does is run parallel to river...

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
If we're voting for option three, can't we cannibalize Port Silver itself for materials, since we're just abandoning it anyway, it has multiple castles/palaces, and plenty of resources. I also vote for sealing off the upper district first, and holding there until the outer wall can be completed, which could take a long, long time.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
If corruption is delayed by water, let's build barricades on the other side of the river - makes it harder to advance and easier to defend.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
If people have other wall layouts they would like to suggest - draw them, and if they're looked at and 'good' they might get added to the option set.

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
I was trying to find an image of a poorly painted TNT object.... Then I realized halfway through that my search terms sounded quite... suspicious.

Redworrior83

Legend of Altera
Build the wall on the far side of any rivers to make it harder to bypass.
Destroy the landbridge to the cathedral using explosives
Section off the upper district until the blue wall is finished

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
If we're voting for option three, can't we cannibalize Port Silver itself for materials, since we're just abandoning it anyway, it has multiple castles/palaces, and plenty of resources. I also vote for sealing off the upper district first, and holding there until the outer wall can be completed, which could take a long, long time.
And the Inn at spawn. That is close

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
*ahem*

So the Upper District is incredibly defensible. Against a traditional army. The instant you factor in those corruption tendrils, the instant it becomes exponentially harder to hold through these means. Hell, the corruption might very well get to the Upper District first. Have you guys seen where the tendrils are? Factor in that it's not really set up for a siege, that you can't really have reliable communication in and out if you block the Upper District off like that, and there is absolutely no strategic or tactical value to holding the Upper District in the manner that you all are suggesting. Even considering Silverpeak and the Silver Serpent. Hospitals can be moved. Silverpeak is just a building. Holding both of these is going to be... incredibly difficult.

I'll be taking another look at the map and seeing if I can't make my own suggestion, but I would wager that 1 or 3 is going to be our best bet.

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was

By this I mean I want 1 and 2. Looking at it, it would barely be more than 3, and assuming 2 is up quickly, makes 1 even safer to put up.
All of you choosing three have no pride! We can't let the corruption have this victory over us!

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
Wouldn't option 1 in a sense be abandoning Port Silver too?

And what about the citizens of Port Silver? Would they initially become refugees to other towns?