Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Where to Build a Wall [Closed]

Which Wall Would Work?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Mich has said the walls would be high, yes. But they should definitely still be guarded with 'Wall Cleaners' as someone said. (Apologies I can't remember who)
Who here has seen World War Z.
If so, I'm sure you'll remember this scene-

What's to say the corruption can't do the same? :eek:
I voted 3, I think we should all vote 3.
But it's also the riskiest not in the sense of materials required, but that it in it's scale, it will be hardest to keep a constant eye over it to prevent say- stuff like the image from WWZ I've posted.
So I am still saying Vote 3. But we just need to be prepared to try and guard it the best we can.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Mich has said the walls would be high, yes. But they should definitely still be guarded with 'Wall Cleaners' as someone said. (Apologies I can't remember who)
Who here has seen World War Z.
If so, I'm sure you'll remember this scene-

What's to say the corruption can't do the same? :eek:
I voted 3, I think we should all vote 3.
But it's also the riskiest not in the sense of materials required, but that it in it's scale, it will be hardest to keep a constant eye over it to prevent say- stuff like the image from WWZ I've posted.
So I am still saying Vote 3. But we just need to be prepared to try and guard it the best we can.
If we had that many corrupted people though, we'd all be dead by now. xD

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Wouldn't option 1 in a sense be abandoning Port Silver too?

And what about the citizens of Port Silver? Would they initially become refugees to other towns?
It creates a safe place to fall back to incase of a worse case senerio. A majority of anything would still take place inside of Port Silver especially if 2 is up at the same time. In the case of 3, you are pretty much abandoning the place with no hope of getting it back.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera

By this I mean I want 1 and 2. Looking at it, it would barely be more than 3, and assuming 2 is up quickly, makes 1 even safer to put up.
All of you choosing three have no pride! We can't let the corruption have this victory over us!
Meh, if they take port silver Marr will have pride in Azerport. I still don't like the idea of giving them a single victory

But still, to promote more RP in places like Hound-Ru, Azerport, Al'bathor, and Tauredale

Moochick

Meh, if they take port silver Marr will have pride in Azerport. I still don't like the idea of giving them a single victory

But still, to promote more RP in places like Hound-Ru, Azerport, Al'bathor, and Tauredale
You say this yet it would create more of a factions thing if the capital is gone. The capital is the only place where random people from completely different places can meet because they are there for a reason. Take the capital away and you have a bunch of people hiding in their homes/towns to be sure that they are protected which spreads the defenses very thin.

If this were real anyway~

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Well we could make a new capital. Or declare a city already made capital. And I would actually like to see a faction thing. Each house and branch in it, each organization will have its own unique skills and traits.

In my house it is like that and we do well. I'm sure it would work with all of Altera against corruption.

Moochick

Well we could make a new capital. Or declare a city already made capital. And I would actually like to see a faction thing. Each house and branch in it, each organization will have its own unique skills and traits.

In my house it is like that and we do well. I'm sure it would work with all of Altera against corruption.
It would be cool yes, but extremely bad to do in a time of battle. And you can't just "make a new capital" and expect everyone to join in on it. Everyone will want what's best for them and their towns. Factions would /not/ help fight against the corruption as it would spread defenses way too thin and everyone would be out to look for themselves (meaning their town) rather than banding together which they would need to to fight the corruption. You need something to band under and the capital is the best thing they have at the moment.

I'm looking at this as if it were real life btw.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
As am I. That's why we would vote on a new capital. And I'm sure in irl if this happened we would all band together against the threat of humanity, despite our differences.

Realistically it is effective, I'm thinking of this as if the houses and organizations were different legions. And also seeing each factions skill sets as diffrent branches and special forces.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Port Silver isn't the Capital any more though, it hasn't been since the kingdom split and became separate holdings/kingdoms, it's just a free city controlled by a council, and a major trade centre, that's it now.