Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Anhald - December 23rd] Surrender of House Fuvur to the Anhald Crusade

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
i either contradicted myself or didn't. you can't 'somewhat' contradict yourself.

if you took my post about whining about your whining about ic stuff, it wasn't. it was a sarcastic comment about you (and others) excessively whining about and being salty about ic and occ stuff. :^)
I somewhat think u did

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
What's going on this thread is exactly what is killing the fun of the whole conflict.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
We should all calm down and drink some water to dilute the salt. :3
Let's just all calm down and hug yes?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am tired of good conversations being locked because of people misbehaving, and being punished myself due to actions of others.

The threads are not the problem.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
I am tired of good conversations being locked because of people misbehaving, and being punished myself due to actions of others.

The threads are not the problem.
I would agree with this with past issues but I wouldn't call this a good conversation.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I don't think a thread should ever be locked permanently. Sometimes things need to cool off for an evening, but if it's consistently bad than moderation against the troublemakers needs to be done.

Also, I MISSED THE ONLY BATTLE THE SERVER'LL PROBABLY HAVE FOR ANOTHER YEAR

FUCK

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I would agree with this with past issues but I wouldn't call this a good conversation.
This is true - but I would have to say, in the end - if we start to close conversations because some are 'bad' and some are 'good' - who makes the call? Where does it go?

If people are making a conversation go awry, at the end of the day, it's not the conversations fault.

Closing the conversation doesn't mend people's feelings, telling people to take things to private messages seems, in my experience, to be leaving the feelings raw, and then unexpressed, and then they seem to build until they burst forth elsewhere.

People /talking/ is a good thing. Even if things might drift to a new topic - that is, honestly, how real conversations go sometimes, Someone brings up a point and conversation shifts.

I have been thinking much of late, of conversations between people, and feelings, and things left said and unsaid. I think it's important people be honest with each other, while striving not to be hurtful, while striving to treat /themselves/ with dignity and maturity in their actions.

And I know that can sometimes be a hard thing. Everybody has bad days, myself included, and I cannot deny my own actions neither. I'd like to think I've consistently owned up to my own shit.

At the end of the day people, the lasting thing we will take from us from this place is the memories and the bonds we've made with others while here. Nothing else matters. I have some 10 million imaginary dollars, but they are naught but bits on a platter on a shelf, and I can no more take them with me than I can my character.

Now, especially - not for all people but I expect for most, is not a time to dwell on negative feelings, but a time to be merry. So I'd ask everybody reading this, if there's a fire under you, just stop a moment, catch a breath, and think about what you want to take away from this place.

I myself am left with 4 years of mostly negative memories and thoughts of how things could have been different, and in the end I don't really want them, nor did I ever, and for some time I've been sticking around trying to change my lingering recollections to those of better moments, by trying to recapture the same spirit that led to me trying to better the place in the first place. I find it difficult. I don't imagine anyone finds it easy.

Take a breath, and think.

- Naelwyn