Lord of Altera
Art by Omikuji
Name: Ater Impes
Other Names: Anything he decides to go by, Jelani, Haelan, Gilmore Jr.
Race: Forest Elf
Sexuality: Anything goes, though a preference towards women. Even still, he isn't actively pursuing it at the moment.
Current Residence: Wherever will host him. Linlea, at the moment.
Relationship Status: Single
Social Status: Poor doctor
Weight: 163 lb
Eye Color: Grey
Skin Color: Brown
Shape of Face: Diamond
Distinguishing Features: He has multiple wyrm tattoos swirling around his arms and torso
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style: Ponytail
Complexion: Deeply tanned
Is Seen By Others As: Foolish,
Scars: The entire right side of his body is covered in burn scars. His right bicep has an oddly-shaped scar not matching any normal injury. If asked, he'll identify it as a gryphon bite
Voice: No voice reference yet. Sorry folks
- The Outdoors
- Nice People
- The Ocean
- Excellent Healer
- Excellent Climber
- Practiced Swimmer
- Smooth Talker
- Typically Fairly Generous
- Fairly Good Endurance
- Fairly High Pain Tolerance
- Stubborn as some unholy mix of a mule and an ox
- Odd Moral Compass
- Way Too Insulting
- Seasickness to the Extreme
- Almost Compulsive Liar
- Losing Family/Friends
Values: Ater prizes kindness above all else. He goes to any lengths to help those in need and prefers to think that others would do the same. He sees himself as a sort of protector of the weak, and is willing to heal anyone regardless of personal quarrels. He also sees humor as a divine gift, and puns as Jax's blessing to the world.
Education: Ater is learned in a variety of subjects, but most of it is self-taught. He greatly enjoys anatomy and zoology.
- Marjash: First language, fluent in all forms
- Elven: Second language, fluent in all forms
- Common: Third language, fluent in all forms
- Verba: Fourth language, conversational in spoken form only
- Yakai: One word, an expletive.
General Attitude: Ater is generally a very happy person. He's almost always got a smile on is face, and is willing to spread the love with jokes and gifts. He tries to make friends with everyone, and prefers to just avoid those who do not reciprocate rather than confront them.
Religious Inclination: Jax. He believes the god to prefer those than serve themselves, and finds a certain bit of humorous reverence towards the luck giver.
He used to feel close to Silas, but has lost faith after seeing many claiming to be his chosen fall to inflated senses of self-worth.
He reveres Sallana, but again feels as though he can't dedicate himself to the goddess.
General Intelligence: High
General Sociability: Enjoys people
Alignment: Neutral Good
Short Term Goals:
- Heal anyone who needs it
- Learn more medicine
- Prove himself to Kopii
- Prove himself useful
- Teach the Kanes
Long Term Goals:
- Become a highly skilled doctor
- Become an expert on the world's new fantastical wildlife
- Work on multi-school magic
- Plain shirt and pants underneath a red robe. While normally barefoot, he's started wearing sandals for the sole purpose of throwing them at people.
- For desert travel, he adds in a few more layers of silks and some face coverings
- For cold weather, he essentially becomes a walking pile of furs and cloaks, and wears thick boots
- For the current plague, Ater's been working on protective clothing for surviving both contact with the illness and contact with infected animals. For now, it closely resembles classic plague gear, though the mask has larger lenses for his eyes and a smaller "beak", stuffed with a vinegar-soaked sponge.
Owned Homes: None
- Wooden quarterstaff
- One waterskin
- Several rolls of bandages
- A variety of knives useful for his work, including a skinning knife and a misericorde
- Several flasks holding alcohol, mint extract, and oil.
- Several small sandbags in the shape of his coinpurse.
- Rigged dice
- Two-headed coin
General Wealth: Several radiants and some pocket lint
Sleeping Habits: Regularly, until he gets involved in something, at which point he becomes intensely focused and loses any sense of self care
Energy Levels: Variable. He's often rather laid back
Eating Habits: Often. He is almost always hungry, and will never refuse a meal
Exercise Habits: Often. He takes regular jogs around his residence, and can often be found climbing random cliffs and trees
Memory: Average. He forgets some things, remembers others
Unhealthy Habits: Bothering people who may or may not be able to snap him in half
Drinking Habits: Drinks on occasion
Birthplace: The Roads of the Northern Kingdoms
Childhood: Spent wandering the Northern Kingdoms with his caravan, then surviving in the streets of a dangerous city
Teen Years: Spent learning the basics of medicine, and the basics of self-defense
Adulthood: Spent traveling the world once more, this time to hone his skills, meet new people, and heal
Family History: Once members of the true Sooleran people, Ater's family was forced to root when the choices were abandoning their culture or starving to death. While many think the Vilesj caravan all decided to root in its entirety, only Ater's family of four actually survived to do so. The others died over a six month period of poor decisions and terrible luck.
Since then, the fate of the Vilesj caravan has become known and Ater was officially considered Rooted by several caravans in the Northern Kingdoms.
Past Places of Residences: Thiil, Zima'Maloj, Grafjell, Sanardu, The Compendium, Linlea
Places Traveled: Thiil - Zima'Maloj - Aeroch Nor - Arget Isles - Havonen - Azerport - Breakwater - The Quays - Tambry - Stavroforia - Grafjell - Riseport - Heaven's Reach - Sea of Storms - Sanardu - Linlea - Theloa - Mockingbay - Storm's Landing - The Compendium - Ruby Isle
Peaceful or violent: Ater greatly dislikes violence, but recognizes how useful it is. While he never starts fights and prefers to talk his way out or just run, he'll happily encourage others to battle.
Weaponry: Quarterstaff and knives
Combat Training: Training with the quarterstaff and some hand-to-hand experience, but he's out of practice. Expect him to fight dirty.
Occupation: Doctor, Washed-out Formist
Favorite Types of Food: Meat right off the fire
Favorite Types of Drink: Coffee
Favorite Colors: Whatever color the sky is, no matter the time or weather
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer
- Fun with Foreign Languages
- The Trickster
- Deadpan Snarker