Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo Reach, or Battlefield 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
My opinion? None of those games are worth playing... ArmA II takes it away, then buries the other games in a 6 foot hole.
COD:BO - Nothing but an arcade shooter, people take it waaaay too seriously. Also, it's constantly occupied by annoying small children.

Halo Reach - I've never been a huge fan of the Halo series anyways, though it's considerably easier to enjoy compared to COD and Battlefield, but still, I would not play it.

Battlefield 3 - While this game does require a higher level of thinking and skill, it still maintains the view of nothing but another arcade shooter, however it does hold considerably more attraction compared to COD and Halo.

That being said, all these games are taken far too seriously, and it's hard to enjoy a game when the people around you are raging at you, spamming explosives, and overall just making it an unpleasant experience. So I don't play any of them.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
^That^
I like ArmA II myself... That was until my friend broke the disc and now I'd have to download it -_-

Jinx

Lord of Altera
In my opinion none of them. CoD is the den of 12 year old boys who think hacking is great and that they are better than everyone else. Halo although the game being good has the same problem as CoD but not as bad.

Battlefield is probably the best of them all but i'm sick of when you get people who can't fly plans but take them anyway and crash them or try do "air tricks" and back flip and smack in to the ground. The problem is the same with helicopters too.

Some of the best shooters I have played are ARMA II, the Counter-Strike series and Tribes. Then again you do get the odd pre-pubescent child how thinks its fun to get the weapons that look nice and suck bad on Counter-Strike.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The reason I don't like Counter Strike that much is because it's very unforgiving and not noob friendly. It's a great game when you're skilled up a little though

Spark

Broken
Im usually the one that gets rage messages on MW3 xD some of my recent ones from FFA gunplay are:
"you ..... No life ......" "little 12 year ......" and my favourite "you are bad get off this game" xD i get these when i win, but i dont really care i just send back a "=)"

Koerhuisje

Moderating the herps & derps
koerhuisje
koerhuisje
out of the choices..
duh!
ofcourse Battlefield 3
Close Quarters map comin soon awwww yeaaaaaahhhhhh

Alpha

The Watcher
Cant wait for Halo 4, I am quite proud of the fact I have owned every single Halo game to date and I plan to keep it that way! :cool:

Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo Wars
Halo 3
Halo 3: ODST
Halo Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

So looking forward to Halo 4, plus I want a remake of Halo 2, that game was epic!

/rerail thread
the time line being messed up though.....

Marathon
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3
Halo 4

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
the time line being messed up though.....

Marathon
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 2/Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3
Halo 4
I know the real timeline, I just put them in release order :p

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Bit late to this but my choice is definitely Battlefield, I despise the broken mess that is CoD for so many reasons that I cannot be bothered to type them all out, if I had to single its major faults it would be Quickscoping, drop shotting and the fact that there is no reason to use anything other than snipers and smg's meaning that however many games you play you will only ever see people using about 5 of however many guns there are.

Battlefields huge maps are far more interesting than CoD's choices and the main reason its better in my opinion is the fact it includes vehicles, I had more fun in the 10-15 minutes I spent trying and failing to learn how to fly a helicopter than I have had for weeks playing CoD. The only downside to BF3 is that it does not support local splitscreen / guest play which is the only reason I continue to play call of duty at all.

In truth however the games themselves are often sound and have the possibility to be played well and provide good gameplay its just the people who play them that ruin it.

........Rant mode disengaging.

Spark

Broken
Well seeing as everyone is listing the faults in call of duty ill list some good ones ^-^

A decent gun leveling system
A wide variety of class choices
Wide range of custom killstreaks
Variety of map sizes and styles
Maps arn't so big that you have to run half a mile to get into the action
Campers and rushers even themselves out
Pretty good team balancing (without clans)
Easy for new players to join
Normal leveling is good (prestige mode etc)
Good gun balance (this is true if you look at the stats)

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.