Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Corvermell Thread

Gaby

Lord of Altera
EDIT: adding housekeeper pictures here in a few.

The Grand Priestess Petra Galtari Igna has died of disease.

Housekeeper Auska Salei and Housekeeper Nyarlaica Miyere have resigned from their positions, Salei to grieve, Miyere from stress.

Housekeeper Nihere Pausina is forced to return from Volopia, fruitless in her previous expedition. she arrives to chaos.

Anonymous Telegram said:
Immigrants numbering in the thousands have begun to flood into the nation, seemingly out of random. They have no one specific origin.
in fear that the wave of immigrants will act like the immigrants in Legisa, the three remaining Housekeepers move to close Corvermell's borders, only allowing those who pledge to follow Vermella and only Vermella. this decision sparks a great debate among both housekeepers and civilians regarding the continued defense of vermellans, and of the nation of Corvermell.

there are a few issues being debated most heavily:

1. who will replace the Grand Priestess and the missing Housekeepers
  2. whether to trust Mechanica Rationalis and depend on them for defense @Baron
  3. which nations may be considered enemies, and how to deal with them
  4. an alliance with Morgnatha @BrianAT16
  5. a declaration of cold war against the nation of God Send @The Courier
  6. whether or not to withdraw from the council
the people are afraid.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Thanks for the tag, who is representing Corvermell in the council currently?
no one. the country withdrew from the council meetings, and the three remaining Housekeepers observe the proceedings via television, like the rest of the world.

the country is currently concerned with their own future as a nation, and would prefer not to participate in international issues, as such may offend other countries into attacking, which no one wants.
if they're not there, they'll be ignored.

Cold War? EXCOMMUNICATION HOOOO!!
we were never part of your church. wat.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Two Important Factbooks Published:

A) an explanation of how the government works

B) Corvermell has very effective spies

furthermore, this response to a letter from Mechanica Rationalis was leaked:
my former sisters saw fit to inform me of this proposal. they decided that since I knew the Late Grand Priestess best of all, this decision should fall to me, as she has no living relatives.

I will have to decline. your nation is full of mechanical wonders, but you cannot replicate the late Grand Priestess. no amount of archival footage you could find would allow you to synthesize who she was in private... who she was to me.

your offer is appreciated, but rejected.

-Housekeeper Auska Salei
it is causing quite a stir through the community, not so much the fact that Mechanica Rationalis apparently offered to revive the late Grand Priestess, but more other things that had been the subject of much gossip since Auska Salei first took office.

the gossip regarding this incident has also sparked yet another heated debate, as a group of vermellans are urging the country to not ask questions about the relationship between Auska Salei and the late Grand Priestess, to please show respect to both the deceased and the mourning. there is a great deal of backpedaling in response to this point.

(just... something silly.)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
When you say leaked, do you mean internationally?

Because if so, Mechanica offering to replicate someone will be very badly received in other parts of the Region ;)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
When you say leaked, do you mean internationally?

Because if so, Mechanica offering to replicate someone will be very badly received in other parts of the Region ;)
of course not internationally, are you kidding
(maybe one or two internet forums. but seriously, with the borders closed, Corvermell is suddenly really isolated)
is everybody just ignoring the gay

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
If you want me to force one or two homophobic speeches out of the Imperium Ministerium, i'm sure there's a couple of old and resilient noble lineages that would petition to have Corvermell burned to the ground, if you ask them. xD

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
of course not internationally, are you kidding
(maybe one or two internet forums. but seriously, with the borders closed, Corvermell is suddenly really isolated)
Sincronia requests clarification (OOC) on whether this was leaked on even a single Internet thread. If was leaked on even one forum post, Sincronia could probably find it with its Information Technologies.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Sincronia requests clarification (OOC) on whether this was leaked on even a single Internet thread. If was leaked on even one forum post, Sincronia could probably find it with its Information Technologies.
yes please. cause the drama to rise i love it. also,

I am laughing very hard at those three quotes. haha nice

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Hm. I wonder how your citizens will react to this.
well, I already described how they react to this. most of them kinda suspected it.
Corvermell is pretty tolerant of the gay. and the drugs.

If you want me to force one or two homophobic speeches out of the Imperium Ministerium, i'm sure there's a couple of old and resilient noble lineages that would petition to have Corvermell burned to the ground, if you ask them. xD
Well, I do run a Dark Age Christian country. I mean, if you really want for Adam to scoop the bottom of the barrel. . .
don't force if you dun wanna. if you wanna, though, go right ahead

Gaby

Lord of Altera
this is a looooong post.
due to extreme proximity, Mechanica Rationalis would be privy to nearly all of this information. all other nations would only hear scattered and contradictory information leaking out of the country.

who will replace the Grand Priestess and the missing Housekeepers
at least 100 housekeepers have offered to fill the void, nine of them being related to former housekeepers Nyarlaica Miyere and Auska Salei.

this debate will take a long time.

whether to trust Mechanica Rationalis and depend on them for defense
one position moves to distrust the nation, and limit interactions with them:
"they are unreliable. friendly, yes, and strong, but we cannot trust them with every aspect of our lives. look at what they proposed with the Late Grand Priestess! there is clearly a huge breach in understanding!"

another moves to trust them above all others:
"they clearly hold compassion, despite being robotic, and without them, many more of us would be dead. they are more than trustworthy, they are our greatest defenders in this time of crisis."

another moves to cut them off entirely:
"they do not follow the Law of Red! their laws are cold and robotic, and they define life on scales of sentience! how would we know that all this is not merely their scheming to ultimately control and annex us into their passionless kingdom?"
The Sangue Lune House is indecisive. Nihere Pausina and Melai Laica are uncertain about cutting off ties to what appears to be their only true ally, while Alashe Paraniace is nervous about giving such a large nation so much influence over their kingdom.

which nations may be considered enemies, and how to deal with them
Morgnatha's status as an enemy is fiercely debated

Mechanica Rationalis is still an ally, but distrust is growing high.

God Send and their allies are an enemy
- moved to deport vermellans during the Tragedy of Pedrate Square
- shamelessly executed the vermellans that were controlled into tampering with their missile
- their general had threatened genocide

Legisa is an enemy, due to a certain discovery made by vermellan tourists (more below)
- in their defense, they offered support during the Tragedy of Pedrate Square

Arcturix is distrusted.
- their actions during the Tragedy of Pedrate Square are corrupt at best
- Prussoarcturix is their protectorate

Prussoarcturix has been marked an enemy due to their statements during the Tragedy of Sangue Lune, as well as their horrifying political policies. nothing is yet known about the current state of the government, as communications and espionage is impossible

Those who made broad sweeping actions against vermellans during the Tragedy of Sangue Lune are marked as untrustworthy:
Terenas: executed, then deported vermellans
God Send: deported vermellans, burned their possessions.
Turious: deported vermellans
Tarjikstan: moved to shoot vermellans on sight
Zwerg mit Eisen: moved to shoot vermellans on sight

the nations of Casperis, Sprakia, and Sincronia have been marked down as possible allies.

an alliance with Morgnatha
this debate is far too heated to report on at the moment.

a declaration of cold war against the nation of God Send
according to an online poll, 90% agree that God Send and their allies should be considered an enemy. this position is based on God Send's sickening twisting of the former housekeeper Nyarlaica Miyere's words, as well as their continued support of the wildly racist Legisa (more below) and their previous action to deport vermellans from their country. it's been agreed among most vermellans that God Send is not to be trusted at all.

the other 10% argues that declaring a cold war would incite God Send to attack with violence, which, with their numerous allies, would surely destroy Corvermell entirely.

whether or not to withdraw from the council
the proposition to withdraw from the council entirely is only being currently debated among small fringe islands.

speaking of small fringe islands,

A cargo ship as been driven ashore on an island at the edge of Corvermell's controlled territory. A number of darker-skinned individuals emerged, with nothing on their uniforms to identify them, and have been seen hassling the patrolling Spider-bots. They appear wanting to debilitate the machines, shooting at the limbs rather than attempting to out-right destroy them.
the island they attacked is one of the few islands that still does not possess electricity, save that reserved for the spider bots. thus, word of this incident has not spread to the other islands of Corvermell, let alone the international community.

EDIT: oh HELLO THERE, I forgot to clarify about Legisa! hold on

vermellan spies in the nation of Legisa quickly discovered that Legisa is hella racist, and that the government is sanctioning genocide.
Your informants would soon begin to feel and understand how much the Legisians hate the foreigners, due to their own dark complexion, they are often treated rudely or simply avoided. After a little while longer, your informants become aware that the Legisian government has ordered its soldiers to not only fight the insurgents, but commit genocide against the migrants as a whole, indiscriminantly killing the elderly, mothers, and their children. The Legisians seem to relish the violence against the foreigners, and sign up to fight the interlopers in huge quantities.

Last edited: