Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Corvermell Thread

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
You've still got the Spiders roaming about. They currently answer directly to the leader of the country and nobody else, besides Mechanica and Level 1 sapients.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
You've still got the Spiders roaming about. They currently answer directly to the leader of the country and nobody else, besides Mechanica and Level 1 sapients.
wh-what leader? we don't have a grand priestess anymore...

also, i'm confused on what a "Level 1 Sapient" is.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Tagging Allies and Relevant People: @BrianAT16 @The Courier @Baron

its going DOWN.png

Update:

Morgnathan Representative said:
"The supposed execution of three housekeepers was just a small hoax in which we along with the help of Corvermell used in hopes of capturing a rebel group inside Morgnatha. The group had somehow managed to kidnap the Queen but handed the Queen back over to the government after they believed we didnt have a peace meeting and faked an execution. We cannot release any more information on the matter. Just that the Queen is now safe, the housekeepers are unharmed and on their way back to Corvermell, and the rebel group has been captured."
Housekeeper Alashe Paraniace said:
"it was a deception. there was no execution. in order to save the life of Queen Seprentine II, Housekeeper Milari and Housekeeper Gaolune arranged a faked execution with the government of Morgnatha, so that we could lure dangerous terrorists into a trap. the housekeepers are alive and well, and the terrorists have been captured. furthermore, I am happy to announce the success of the peace talks in Ronasta, and we have crafted a peace treaty to unify both nations as sisters under... well, we will have to give our new region a name. but that will come in time. for now, we assure you that there is no crisis to be had, and no threat of war."
Morgnathan Representative said:
"In hopes that this unification will mean a more stable future for both of our nations. Combined we will be stronger than we would be apart. And luckily enough no lives were lost in capturing the Rebels and no fighting occurred."

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
News from the government of Morgnatha has been 'leaked' that a scheduled execution of the Rogue Housekeeper is set to happen soon. Also news of two more executions have been told.
Corvermell has been in an uproar about this. they're not stupid, and they know exactly who these two other rumored executions are.
Housekeeper Talei of House Petra Veyr has gone on record as saying,

"until Sister Milari is returned safely to Corvermell, we will consider her disappearance as an act of war, and we will respond accordingly."

Housekeeper Miraye Shalvaya of House Aledraei has similarly stated that she is "appalled that the Morgnathan government would even think of capturing housekeepers to sacrifice to their goddess! and of a pregnant woman, no less! all of Corvermell, no, all the world should be outraged that such barbarism is happening in this day and age!"

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Thiya Keirattin, leader of the Traditionalist Party, has joined House Sangue Lune.
flourish small.png

I thank Sister Paraniace, for allowing me to join the house of Sangue Lune. I promise to be true to the cause of Vermella, to the needs of her people.

Thiya Keirattin.png

To the people, I say, that we live in dark times indeed, where friends are enemies, faith is meaningless, and so is everything that makes life worth living. Beyond these small, small islands, this oasis of truth and justice, there is a cold, hard world, run by money and by guns, where leaders see no worth in the passions and joys of the common man, no worth in love, peace, beauty, tradition, family. nothing is sacred to them, nothing except for power. to the faithful there, to the suffering and the poor, there is no refuge, there is no hope of a brighter day. only the promise of a greater, more terrible battle upon the horizon, only the promise of more death.

Indeed, we are living in a dark age, like the Selvalla, before the Law of Red was written. The people call for order, for a new holy law to be written, and it will, in time. however, we are weak, and we must accept that until our people become greater than we currently are, until both we and those of Morgnatha speak with the voice of power, they will not listen. I ask you all now, fellow housekeeper, common citizen, what point is there, in speaking with heathens, in arguing the merits of peace with a machine of war? No matter how many times you can warn them, tell them they dig their own graves, and that they repeat a cycle that has been repeating since the end of time, they will not listen. They will not heed your words, because they are too far gone, and they can no longer separate their cultural identity from murder and war. And that, my friends, is the sorry truth of today. We have entered a new age, of technological might and wonder, and in doing so, have placed insurmountable barriers between human beings. Indeed, with their reluctance to open their arms to the world, with their drive to improve the human form, with science and with robotics, can we truly call them human? Or have they chosen for themselves a new species, one driven not by the natural laws, to seek shelter, food, love, a next generation, but these artificial laws, by instant gratification, obedience, bloodlust? I have loathed to speak this. In my heart of hearts, I hoped it would not come to this, I hoped to never have to say these words, but... they are no longer human.

I divert your attention, to the lands of Legisa, that twisted and confused race. Look to their civil war. While I know that most of us have rallied to the cause of this new king, that we hope this people-led movement will bring a new age of rationality to them, I will remind you who it was, that leapt for the chance to slaughter the people who washed upon their shores.

That is the most bitter truth, but it is truth indeed. despite our greatest hopes, there is far too much sin left in the hearts of these foreign lands to congratulate them yet. Our only friends are those who are touched by the words of Vermella herself, who walk upon and reside in her holy lands. I will leave you now with a final truth: we should not risk our lives to defend an enemy.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
((Copy of a Telegram sent from Legisa @LightTwig . Icly, it contains public knowledge, released over the internet by Alashe Paraniace. ))

The hackers would find sensitive documents concerning the following, let me know if you want more details on any of them, this is just a brief.

• Gustavus Drezt's campaign was supported by business owners, the hereditary elite, and the majority of the consulate.
• It appears as though there was no foul play in the election, and that Drezt was elected fairly and democratically, despite receiving donations far exceeding those of his competitors.
• Gustavus Drezt was a militarist who had close ties to the Armed Forces of Legisa, and the majority of its generals.
• The Provisional Government handled non-military affairs more autonomously as Drezt paid little attention to things such as finance, social policy, and infrastructure, mainly devoting his time to reforming the military and fixing foreign policy.
• The files detailing Drezt's autopsy have been wiped.
• Photocopies of Drezt's diary entries suggest that he disliked democracy (though this isn't an uncommon feeling in Legisa) and sought to grant himself more power through reform.

Additionally, the hacker group's attack would grant them information on the Provisional Government's current operations.

• They've condoned the use of live ammunition to suppress crowds.
• They've given their allies full privileges to attack cities in an attempt to route Royalist forces, leading to unspecified civilian casualties.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Keirattin is off to a good start in her new fancy office:

Good Day,

As part of our efforts to increase the quality of human life and raise the global HDI, Mechanica has requested that Corvermell review the possibility of an MR-operated and owned commercial fusion reactor to satiate the energy demands of Corvermell and prevent ongoing rolling blackouts. The contract is outlined below:

The nation of Corvermell hereby agrees to allow the permanent emplacement of a nuclear fusion reactor within Corvermell oceanic range. The reactor will be operated on board the decommissioned military supercarrier MRGN Light The Night, and power cables will run along the seabed from the carrier to Corvermell's islands. In return for the power provided by the fusion reactor, Corvermell agrees to grant a chosen synthetic of Mechanica full citizenship and a Housekeeper title, such that it may participate in matters of state.

Reactor Specifications:
- Generation VI MR Design
- 1g of Deuterium Fuel = 278 Megawatt-hours of energy
- Total output of 5 Gigawatts
- 100% clean energy
- Stable output

The deployment of this reactor would solve all of Corvermell's energy problems for the foreseeable future and immeasurably increase the quality of life of all its citizens.

Please give this offer due consideration.
to Mechanica,

you realize we cannot merely "give" a synthetic the title of Housekeeper, especially if they are unqualified? I would like you to note that the "title" does in fact describe a very specific profession, that requires not only a degree of training and education, but also faith, and a number of rituals and trials, before the candidate is brought before a council and considered for the position. remember, we are priests of Vermella before we are politicians.

if this chosen synthetic would like to become a housekeeper, and properly follow the Law of Red, we would welcome them, but we cannot simply offer the title to an unfaithful in trade for a nuclear reactor.

we hope you understand.

- Housekeeper Thiya Keirattin
Dear Corvermell,

As a token of good faith, and on behalf of all Legisians, your favourite weapon's manufacturer is offering a donation of small arms so that your citizens may be better equipped to maintain peace within your country, after all, si vis pacem, para bellum! We offer to your nation 500 automatic rifles, 3000 semi-automatic pistols, and 10 our vehicle-mounted BRAND NEW autocannons.

The donation package would arrive in one of Legisa's military transport aircrafts, so if you accept, do not be alarmed when it enters your airspace. Feel free to decline, no offense will be taken, and the gift will instead be given to Legisian children from homes unable to afford firearms.

Happy hunting,

Tolka Dyachev,
Head of Marketing,
Marketing Head Dyachev,

no. please take back your murder machines. we don't want them. ever.

if you would like to send an actual token of good faith, send money. or perhaps offer to build us a better geothermal power plant on Kahuala.

if you must send weapons, please respect our traditions, and bring such non-automatic weapons as hunting rifles, muskets, swords or spears. we do not want machine guns, we can't train our militia with machine guns.

thank you.

- Housekeeper Thiya Keirattin
she's already angry.

@Baron @LightTwig
(to note, this is not IC knowledge. I just wanted to have a giggle)

EDIT: and now for something serious.

"Anonymous telegram:

Flash mobs of Corvermell citizens have started springing up across the nation, espousing the philosophy of Narai Veriahove of House Dinici and the Integrationist party and decrying the other political parties. Mechanica Spiders would not interrupt these protests, as they are still peaceful. Housekeeper Veriahove would herself find her personal accounts padded with generous sums of money which, if investigated, would appear to have been there for years and from genuine and valid sources."

it seems the Integrationist party is actually doing something for once. Narai Veriahove is happy to receive the support.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
yes.

Albatross.png

what'd you expect, from the Traditionalist Leader?

though, that being said...

the nuclear power plant seems to be getting underway, as Mechanica has clarified that the synthetic in question does in fact actively follow the Law of Red, and genuinely wishes to become a housekeeper.

her name's Vaila Namasie. she's apparently so devoted to the Law of Red, that she chose to restrict herself to a female android form.
good housekeeper, I say. Housekeeper Keirattin needed some convincing on the idea, though. she was considerably freaked out to see the picture of Ms. Namasie.

"it looked so... human."

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
To clarify on the impact of restricting oneself to a single form: All synthetics are functionally immortal and able to move from one body to another as they like or if one fails. It's like how other people buy clothes, except most synthetic forms aren't even remotely human in appearance. To restrict oneself to a single form is extreme devotion.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Those free guns are going to orphans instead. Might send you some bayonets though to earn more Brownie points with Corvermell
good. we can train with those.

(for the record, it's because Corvermell's militia are trained in a very specific form of martial arts that doesn't work well with semi or fully automatic firearms. not cus they stubborn)

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
good. we can train with those.

(for the record, it's because Corvermell's militia are trained in a very specific form of martial arts that doesn't work well with semi or fully automatic firearms. not cus they stubborn)
...I still dont know how martial arts can deal with over 800mm cannon ordnance.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
...I still dont know how martial arts can deal with over 800mm cannon ordnance.
Probably because they wont have to-
If anyone is silly enough to attack a peaceful nation which poses no real threat, then all they have to do is hide behind Mechanica. ;3