Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Corvermell Thread

Gaby

Lord of Altera
...I still dont know how martial arts can deal with over 800mm cannon ordnance.
Probably because they wont have to-
If anyone is silly enough to attack a peaceful nation which poses no real threat, then all they have to do is hide behind Mechanica. ;3
yep.

that, and 800mm cannon ordnance is too big for steep mountains and dense forests.
not to mention caves. some vermellan islands are built in caves. no goddang way your fancy tanks and death robots could fit in there.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Those free guns are going to orphans instead. Might send you some bayonets though to earn more Brownie points with Corvermell
wait a minute hold on my suspension of disbelief is breaking
why would some random urchin need a gun. would it not be more economically viable to build a factory with the melted down parts????

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
yep.

that, and 800mm cannon ordnance is too big for steep mountains and dense forests.
not to mention caves. some vermellan islands are built in caves. no goddang way your fancy tanks and death robots could fit in there.
Maybe, but they can fit on leviathan-class Cruiser motherships.

And also, why fitting them in caves when we can pummel said care until it falls down on them?

Of course that's all hypothetical, we have absolutely no reason to act against Corvermell, both OOCly and strategically. (like seriously, what is Corvermell's wealth or strategic resources? Do you even have oil fields? Gold? Coal? o-o )

Besides, you're the synthetic's sea resort anyways, and going to war with them would be so tiresome. :heart:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
(like seriously, what is Corvermell's wealth or strategic resources? Do you even have oil fields? Gold? Coal? o-o )
FUNNY STORY!

when I was drawing housekeepers with a metric ton of gold jewelry, I realized the disconnect. of course, all that gold was traditional jewelry, that all the housekeepers are supposed to wear along with the trademark red robes, and have been doing so since medieval times, but if they're traditional, then where in heck did these ancient islanders get so much gold from without trading it with another nation?

so then I figured, well, Corvermell has a ton of gold then. and it's like the aztec and inca, there was so much dang gold they didn't think much of it at all, and just kinda tossed it on everything cause it was pretty and cheap.

but then I asked, "so why the hell didn't the price of Corvermell gold hike up by a mile when they discovered other nations, making it impossible for vermellans to buy it? why was there never any colonization effort to take all that dang gold?" and then I started thinking up a really complicated solution to this economic problem of Corvermell gold inflation.

to make a long story short, when the outside world discovered Corvermell, there was a gold rush that lasted about 4 weeks. the housekeepers of that time, concerned at what they perceived to be an obvious invasion, passed a law forbidding the sale of Corvermell gold to foreigners, and forbade foreigners from mining Corvermell islands for gold. for many years after that, enterprising businessmen were stopped by force of militia until everybody got the point.

even today, you can't buy gold in Corvermell unless you're a born citizen, and born citizens leaving the country can only carry so much gold jewelry as they can wear onto the plane. this has created a bit of an artificially high price for smuggled vermellan jewelry, which on the black market, is more expensive than those fancy watches.

so to answer your question, we have gold. we don't let anyone else have our gold. don't invade us for gold.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
You're also sitting on Sincronia's footstep. If something happens, you'd better believe Sincronia will be breathing down your neck.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
If having the third highest Scientific Advancement in the region, the second largest Economy in the region, and a first-rate Human Development Index on par with Mechanica Rationalis is considered "backwards", then yes, Sincronia is that country.

Raith

Lord of Altera
If having the third highest Scientific Advancement in the region, the second largest Economy in the region, and a first-rate Human Development Index on par with Mechanica Rationalis is considered "backwards", then yes, Sincronia is that country.
looks like I got to work harder then

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
You're also sitting on Sincronia's footstep. If something happens, you'd better believe Sincronia will be breathing down your neck.
isn't that the country that seems so damn backwards?
tsssss, Sinclair's getting warmed up'!

Gaby

Lord of Altera
can y'all do your scientific ****ing contest OFF my thread???

(though I must say I like the attention :heart:)

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
wait a minute hold on my suspension of disbelief is breaking
why would some random urchin need a gun. would it not be more economically viable to build a factory with the melted down parts????
It's a cultural thing. Legisians dislike democracy, and feel that propping up dictators who can be removed by a well armed population is a better form of government. Therefore it is a commonly held belief that firearms are a right to all Legisians, hence the guns being given to the disenfranchised of Legisa.

Look at how happy they are!

Last edited:

The Courier

Lord of Altera
It's a cultural thing. Legisians dislike democracy, and feel that propping up dictators who can be removed by a well armed population is a better form of government. Therefore it is a commonly held belief that firearms are a right to all Legisians, hence the guns being given to the disenfranchised of Legisa.

Look at how happy they are!
THE TRIGGER DISCIPLINE!! GHGAASA IT BURRRNNNSSS!!

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Vermellan Jewelry for Sale?
------___--------------___------
to the dismay of a number of Traditionalist groups, Housekeeper Graiva Dictheri of House Kamiki has created a new company to legally sell pieces of ultra-rare traditional vermellan gold jewelry internationally.

the issue of Vermellan gold has been largely ignored in favor of the recent string of terrorism and political upheaval that has infamously plagued Corvermell, and the fact that housekeepers are up in arms about this may be a sign that the worst is over. for years, Corvermell has placed strict restrictions on the sale of gold jewelry to tourists and foreign interests, such as the requirement for an owner of such gold to be a natural-born citizen, the gold export ban, and the infamous airport security measures. in the wake of a spattering of smuggling operations out of the island of Kamiki, Graiva Dictheri opted for a different approach.

in order to not dry out Kamiki's gold supply within the week and prevent another "Corvermell Gold Rush", Housekeeper Dictheri's new company, Fer-se Ric, will only sell to foreign companies for one hour on tuesdays. she maintains that she will make sure the price of gold jewelry within Corvermell itself maintains its current low price, and hopes that her new endeavor will bring some much-needed wealth to the island.

(article based on this issue and decision:

Divers from a local scuba club have discovered an enormous underwater gold deposit that could be worth billions of Redstones in one of Corvermell's lakes. It has also caused a huge debate over who should be allowed to plunder the goods.

1. Miranda Ruff, a cabinet member, would like the government to seize the deposit. "This is an excellent time to boost Corvermell's economy and increase our foreign trade with other countries! Who cares about the people that discovered the deposit? They've done their country a great favor and should let us have the money!"

so just to clarify: the people who found the gold deposit in Kamiki are getting a share of the profit. we're not completely cruel.)